[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Preserve boss features while client crashing

KointsuKointsu
Reactions: 210
edited November 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Since my client is crashing enormous number of times after the update, this issue became even more pronounced.

Every time I boss and my client crashes (without any of my fault) I lose my every buff and daily boss entry.

I'm kindly asking Nexon to do something about it. It is not my fault, as I mentioned above that my game crashes for any reason it thinks is reasonable and I'm personally suffering from this by not getting my daily run or losing buffs such as those gathered in exchange for premium coins from monster tour or skill buffs with cooldown of like 120 minutes. It's very annyoing and got way worse after the update.

It's not that I lose something not worth mentioning. Every buff has to be obtained, every potion has to be bought, so It is my precious time from the game and ultimately from my life that I'm losing and thus with every crash and its consequences it is taking away fun from the game as I stated without any warnings as well as any obvious faults from my side.

It can be done with different tools, either way simply preserving the take and the buffs, reducing/zeroing cooldowns or giving/selling some kind of preservative buffs as those sold by Matilda. I don't know, devs can think it throug, but please, consider my and I believe many other's problem.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Reactions: 1,625
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2021
    Obviously I have no idea how clean Nexon's code is, but with some high level try-catch code, it might be possible for them to catch crashes, save your buffs, and reapply them when you get back with the same time they had when you were booted off, and also check the map you're on and at the very reset the boss entry timer.