[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Arcane River is an unplayable SLIDE SHOW

DiosothDiosoth
Reactions: 630
edited December 2021 in Bug Reporting
This has been happening with every other patch for months. Various high level areas, mainly Arcane River(especially Esfera & Morass), slow down so bad they're unplayable unless I sit on the map for several minutes. CPU usage shoots through the roof, with 1 or even both CPU cores spiking to 100%. This will go on for the patch, making many maps unplayable, then will clear up the next patch, only to come back a patch later. This is really not acceptable for any MMO to function like this. I am not the only player to experience this, the subreddit has been full of them. This needs to be addressed & stopped, if the game is not functional then it's best I just log off & forget daily quests rather than sit there, CPU at max, hoping the game will load up & clear the lag eventually.

Comments

• TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited December 2021
    And hmuto is just impossible with the lag. Can't even move.
  • DiosothDiosoth
    Reactions: 630
    edited December 2021
    ...aaaand the 12/22 patch fixed it, though it'll likely break again in a future patch. At least, going by the update note in the launcher, they are acknowledging it.