[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestion About Genesis Weapon for Adventure Jobs

AkatsukiMGAkatsukiMG
Reactions: 600
edited December 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I am a pathfinder player in Reboot NA and recently tried to defeat the Black Mage with my party. One issue I met is that I can only get 1 Genesis Weapon and get it unsealed on my character even if I am willing to play bowmaster and marksman too.

I think this is really unreasonable for players that are willing to play the whole 3 adventures whose weapons are different from each other. Since the 3 adventure jobs can transfer to each other, it's a reasonable need to fully experience all the game content, including gettting sealed Genesis Weapon and unseal them to the final version. Only getting ONE Genesis Weapon on the favorite job and 22* arcane weapon on the others is a real pity for the players that really love these jobs and maplestory.

Let us check all the adventure job weapon:
Warrior: Hero and Paladin may use the same weapon (not sure about this), but Dark Knight uses spear or polearm
Magician: all the three can use staff and wand, which is lucky for them to spend 8 months to unseal Genesis Weapon
Archer: used different weapons from each other
Thieves: DB and Shadower uses the same but NL uses another
Pirates: used different weapons from each other

So for all the adventure jobs, it is unfair for archers and pirates to get 1 Genesis Weapon and only 1 job can equip it. You may say some players are willing to play 1 job and there is no need to change this ONE Genesis Weapon Mechanism, but it's not the reason to limit the game experience for others. You can choose to unseal 1 weapon, and you can also choose to unseal mutiple weapons by more effort, and then everyone gets what he wants and no one is unhappy.

And what's more, since Genesis Weapon is untradable and reach 22* once it was unsealed, this suggestion will not affect the economy or other things in Non-Reboot world. You spend 8 months and put effort to unseal a Genesis weapon, and then most players of other jobs will not unseal another one because there is no need to do this.

Comments

• xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Reactions: 1,625
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2021
    It's very cool that Adventurers have a job change option at all, but yeah it is kind of a shame that only certain classes share stats/weapons. All mages can use a wand and INT, yet most of the other classes have completely different weapons. Pirates have it the worst, with one using Dex and the other using Str, and separate weapons.

It would be amazing if upon switching, it lets you change your gears' potential (i.e. convert Corsair to Bucc swaps your Dex% to Str% and vise versa), convert your weapon/secondary, and all that, but I doubt Nexon would be so generous.

I have no idea how V Matrix stuff works with job changing but that'd also be best if you could retain the level of all of those.
  • AkatsukiMGAkatsukiMG
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2021
    xMrMeow wrote: »
    It's very cool that Adventurers have a job change option at all, but yeah it is kind of a shame that only certain classes share stats/weapons. All mages can use a wand and INT, yet most of the other classes have completely different weapons. Pirates have it the worst, with one using Dex and the other using Str, and separate weapons.

It would be amazing if upon switching, it lets you change your gears' potential (i.e. convert Corsair to Bucc swaps your Dex% to Str% and vise versa), convert your weapon/secondary, and all that, but I doubt Nexon would be so generous.

I have no idea how V Matrix stuff works with job changing but that'd also be best if you could retain the level of all of those.

For V Matrix, you can do all the passive enhance skill when you switch to that job but for the skill that all the 3 jobs can use, you just need to craft one such as decent holy symbol or something else.

For pirates, they have different potentials, but Nexon did not prohibit them from having a 30%str & 30%dex gollux pendant at the same time, even in Reboot, if you are willing to play both corsair and Bucc, you can spend more time to make a different set of equips, but Genesis Weapon is obviously not the same situation.

But after reading what you said, I admit pirates is the worst for job switching players, since a different potential equip set costs you a lot of time.
  • LaudierLaudier
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited January 2022
    people be droppin their genesis