[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Official GMS 2022 Boycott

Comments

• MiddahMiddah
    Reactions: 705
    edited January 2022
    Posting Here for Nexon Visibility

GMS Boycott 01/10/2022 Update
    Relevant Posts
    Official GMS 2022 Boycott, It Is Time For This To End.

GMS Boycott: The detailed list of major issues.

Nexon Response: Pink Bean Bulletin: A Note on Recent Player Concerns

Hello Maplers! Thank you to all those who have joined in on the boycott and supported it so far by not buying NX. The response from the community has been unprecedented last week. While we wait for Nexon’s response that is supposed to be posted sometime this week (probably Friday 3pm lul), the new Boycott Discord has been busy discussing the boycott issues and finetuning our message.

For those unaware of the reasons the community is protesting, the singular message to Nexon is this:

We, the playerbase, feel like we are looked at as a piggy bank and not as customers/players. We are not being heard. We are sick of being taken advantage of. We are happy to spend money on this game, if it is in a working state! But, our issues and requests are ignored time after time with a “promise to communicate”. Times have changed. Nexon, look at your competition like Lost Ark with their great communication skills and player friendly practices sucking the KMS playerbase dry. The player and developer relationship works both ways. We demand change.

Ways to Contribute to the Boycott
    First and foremost: DON'T SPEND MONEY ON NEXON.

Do you have leftover smegas/free ones? Smega something about the boycott around reset! #GMSboycott

Limit or completely eliminate time in game to minimize their player metrics.

Join and invite interested people to the discord! Content creators, your guildies, and anyone you think who is interested in helping! https://discord.gg/5pzTbJby8E

Special request for content creators: If you believe that something needs to be done about issues plaguing the game, we encourage you to make content or spread the word about the boycott in any way you deem necessary.

The Main Points and Demands
    Below are the main issues and demands of the boycott. Some points may have changed since my last post, as the community discussion in the discord have altered some of them. Certain topics like Pottable Badges have been discussed heavily and voted on, and the community consensus is that there are other issues more integral to the state of the game at the moment. However, we still demand to Nexon speak on these points.

Communication

Issue: The single biggest source of frustration for players. GMS has been silent on many big community topics for months on end (years for some issues). KMS has been great in the past few months with communication and transparency, but not GMS. Many “promises to communicate” have been made, but none have been kept.

Demand: Use all communication avenues available to GMS (Pink Bean Bulletin, Maple Memos, etc) to significantly increase transparency and frequency of communications with players. More importantly, ACT on those communications.

Server Instability

Issue: Servers are simply unplayable for many players. Things like “prime channels” being a thing in Reboot is a sign of how bad things have gotten. Regular servers just simply lag in all channels.

Demand: Simple. Fix the servers.

Cube Rate Reveals

Issue: KMS has shown us Flame/Inner Ability stats and rates due to the 2021 scandal. KMS also showed us the cubing rates to save face. GMS has only shown us Flame/Inner Ability rates.

Demand: Show us cubing rates as well. We deserve to see the rates for the things we spend money on.

KMS Content Roadmap

Issue: GMS players already know the content roadmap based on the KMS patches. KMS content is routinely ported over to GMS after 4-6 months. However, the last patch had half of it’s content missing without explanation. It has been weeks since and there is still no explanation. Earlier in 2021, Nexon gave us a content roadmap a singular time after requests from players. But, that was the only time. No word currently on 64-bit client other than "we are debating whether or not it's coming to GMS".

Demand: Give us explanations behind missing content. Is there a logistical issue we need to know about? Give us a roadmap of content moving forward. What is the current state of 64-bit? The majority of the player base is anxious for the client upgrade. Give us the CS transfer events that KMS has been getting recently.

Patch Bugs

Issue: Whether it's due to GMS exclusive content clashing with the new patches or Nexon just being short handed, crashes and bugs during launch week are worse than ever.

Demand: It isn't as simple as "do your job better", as I'm sure Nexon employees are not purposefully doing a bad job patching the game. However, game breaking bugs like trapping players inside maps and other crashes can be better communicated in Maple Memos AND in-game messages (for urgent things like map crashes).

Starforce Prices

Issue: Starforce prices are double due to a combination of botters and spawn enhancers.

Demand: Show us the data that still justifies this cost. Do GMS players still truly make double the meso on average to KMS players? This decision to double costs was made years ago when we got this system, when the game was in a completely different state. If you cannot: Change it to KMS cost.

Kanna Nerf / Spawn Enhancers

Issue: If Kishin follows the TMS nerf, then Kishin will effectively be just a normal class and Kishin will only apply a +exp effect. Players are limited to a certain amount of Wild Totems per month.

Demand: Explain what is in store with the Kanna nerf and the reasons behind this change. Change Wild Totems to 1 hour duration to be more player (grind) friendly. Increase the accessibility of Wild Totems in general (not limited to 20 Totems/40 hours a month).

Frenzy Totem

Issue: Frenzy Totem has opened Pandora's box of spawn enhancement. There is no going back to regular spawn rate for 99% of the player base. There are only a finite number of Frenzy Totems, and this leads to a small number of players having a monopoly on the Frenzy service market. Some of these Frenzy sellers contribute to the illegal meso market. Not having access to Frenzy Totems or Frenzy Totem service simply makes the game unplayable for the majority of players.

Demand: Introduce Frenzy Totems back into Marvel Machine to increase the supply. As per Nexon's announcement, there is now an effective cap on the future utility of Frenzy Totems in level 300 areas. So, it stands to reason that Frenzy Totems can go back into circulation with that limitation in place.

Netherland Players

Issue: Regular server Netherland players have been largely screwed over with the trade restrictions to items/auction house. Players understand that Nexon's hand was forced due to local laws and regulations regarding gambling.

Demand: The compensation was pitiful (and bugged) and lack of support for loyal and longtime Dutch players from Nexon was appalling. Explain what in the law exactly led Nexon to do what they did, what options they explored, and what they can do to fix this issue. Nexon doesn't seem to understand what kind of huge change that this was for players. Effectively, it told regular Dutch players to quit the game.

Nexon Account Recovery System Loophole

Issue: There currently exists a loophole in the account recovery system that lets players recover other people's accounts with some bits of personal information.

Demand: Fix it.

Secondary Points
    Although these points are not integral to the state of the game, we want Nexon to address and speak on these issues. Some of these issues are years old without Nexon speaking a word on them besides a simple "it's not coming back" or "we're looking into it". Where is the transparency?

Reboot Vac Pets

A minor point. "Why spend no money in a boycott so you can spend money on VAC pets?" I believe this is missing the point. The key issue is lack of communication on a change that was supposed to come months ago. What if we don't ever get it? Fine, but tell the players that have been looking forward to VAC pets in Reboot the reason why or why it has been delayed to this point.

Legacy Items

Issue: Pieces of content like Lab Server, Pottable badge, and Dark Totems that did not come by again. This created a permanent power imbalance between players who have gotten these legacy items and those who haven't gotten it. Those who have content like Lab Server and Pottable badge will forever be stronger than a player with the same equipment but no legacy items.

Demand: The majority of players want the events/items back again, even if temporarily.

Fixing Beast Tamers

Issue: Beast Tamers, being a non-KMS class, has not received the attention they deserve for bug fixes that have happened in recent patches. This has even led to an event where BT players were falsely banned due to a BT bug triggering a hack reason. Also, Beast Tamers are unable to max out all their skills with the given points. "All Together! Critter Crossing!" Does not last through buff freezers.

Demand: Simple, fix BTs. Let Beast Tamers max out every skill like every other class (and balance if need be). Let "All Together! Critter Crossing!" last through buff freezers.

What is to Come
    Well, that entirely depends on Nexon's response statement. Once we know what they are willing to put on the table, the community will discuss and vote on topics (join the discord!) and prepare our response.

Closing Thoughts
    I truly believe in the power of the collective. We, as customers, have the right and the duty to protest/boycott against a service that doesn't meet up to our standards.

For those against this boycott: can you look at the current state of this game and truly see it as acceptable? Too many issues are longstanding, ignored, and forgotten about. The servers are basically unplayable. You can be a part of this change by simply not buying NX.

We deserve better. Even with Wonderberry and other P2W events coming soon, I hope we the community can show Nexon that our voices are worth listening to.

Nexon thinks they can just wait us out! NOT THIS TIME! Keep it up! Spread the word! #GMSBoycott
    Mynodex
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2022
    Stellar Detectives does not offer an alternate way to obtain "Ascension Module" other than from the limited quantity given in the Achievements page. Please sell Ascension Modules in the NPC shop in exchange for one of the following currency items: PULSAR Jewel, PULSAR Medallion, or Clone DNA. This will help players that accidentally dropped the Ascension Module years ago to recover from making this big mistake. Krrr Ring and Meow Ring have become a big part of the games' meta for endgame players and I would love to see everyone able to access all of its features (being able to upgrade the rings fully).

Create a fair system for Challenge Titles such as: Pink Bean Slayer, Horntail Slayer. to prevent the same person from being able to get it over and over again based on their cumulative kill count. We need a better solution here because it's the same person with thousands of kills over the years holding the same title mainly because new player kill count start at 0 while others already have thousands of kills accumulated making it impossible for a new player to overtake.
  • KrimsonKnightKrimsonKnight
    Reactions: 210
    Gah, I came to the official forums because I'm fed up with Reddit and the stupid "boycott", and here's the same idiotic post as well. Geez. -_-
    BlasterMaster
  • AzureSkyLadyAzureSkyLady
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2022
    im leaving the game for good. in 2 year i only did 5-6 level from 224 to 228 exp bar is way to long.
    nx cash is way to expensive
    socializing doesnt existe anymore since reboot
    people are teleporting and not talking
    event are to hard to make it
    mesos price are way to expensive

i play since 2004 and its time to make a stop to this **** im stoping forever. i hope someone going to make another game that is equitable for everyone.
    paying 30$ per year is normal, 5000$ per year its not normal to spend in a stupid game to have a stupid item in a random box. **** you scammer.
    you dont deserve to live. i hope maple going to crash and never come back. **** you
  • MynodexMynodex
    Reactions: 760
    edited February 2022
    Bring back pottable badges! its unfair for most players who don't have them
  • LackAngelLackAngel
    Reactions: 210
    edited February 2022
    The boycott of boycotters who still play the game they are boycotting daily.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited February 2022
    I have played this game for more than 15 years... and no i dont mean on and off i mean when i take a break its like for a month cause of issues or a few days i was here when people constantly ran around saying they was GMs ingame and would use a random buff telling newblets they gave them a special buff....

I was here when casandra and and gaga when on the same screen before they got chucked into the mirror would lag out ppl.

I was here when nexon hell banned people for no reason other than to try and stop the channel crashers from duping.

I was here before big bang and stayed well after all the other bat **** crazy mechanics (heh) items and nerfs got added.

I was here when everyone and there mom jumped ship to bera leaving any and everyone they knew on other servers behind like a fart in the wind.

I was even here when pirates first got released and before then when people would door randos to the golem pits.

I was here when mapletable was the funniest thing i saw maple related on youtube besides the cringe that was the eric class trailer for evan being released.

Point is this "game" has and will always be fun to play and for the love of god it will ALWAYS have bugs, glitches, scammers, hackers, botters, and im not even going to pretend i know anything at all about what goes on behind the doors of nexon, transparency? dont make me laugh you wana know about transparency!? transparency is when the freaking director of your game comes out explains whats wrong with the game tells you he is sorry and that he and his team are working on the problem and then a few days latter shows said results by a FUNCTIONING GAME!!! (LE GASP!!!) that STAYS functioning as intended.

Seriously its a game nexon just take the time to fix it i stuck around through all of the god awful changes you had i just wana smack the mushroom monsters without wondering if im going to get dc banned or is my game going to lock up in a boss fight or some other random act of terror from the spaghetti code that is maplestory.

I like this game i dont love it cause its being a butt atm but i like it so maybe stop putting band-aids on 3 meter gashes and take your child to the hospital before they bleed out.
  • HoggboxHoggbox
    Well coming from a guy who use to play maplestory back when zakum was the newest thing released in the game and only 4 of the original classes and just starting back 2 weeks ago....ill have to say game has improved. Literally leveled my Kain class to level 170 in 2 weeks lol....it took me like half a year to get to 100 on my ranger when I was playing long ago. Now I have noticed dumb stuff with the game. For instance right now server is down for work was suppose to be back up at 3 and here we are at 5 and still down lol. Quest that are in progress dont show up at all half the time. The pop animations on the side of the screen are very annoying when playing. Also I went to scania just because it was a familiar server (previously on windia forever ago) also notice that i never see other players....very very rarely...if I do see them its the whales that are like level 240 or something just sitting in hennesye with $3000 worth of nx gear AFK for days at a time lol. Makes it hard to find players to party with etc. Game is dead basically from
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited March 2022
    I'll provide some solutions and throw in a few more.

Communication

Issue: The single biggest source of frustration for players. GMS has been silent on many big community topics for months on end (years for some issues). KMS has been great in the past few months with communication and transparency, but not GMS. Many “promises to communicate” have been made, but none have been kept.

Solution: Provide actual results.

Server Instability

Issue: Servers are simply unplayable for many players. Things like “prime channels” being a thing in Reboot is a sign of how bad things have gotten. Regular servers just simply lag in all channels.

Solution: Buy new hardware, look for new providers.

Cube Rate Reveals

Issue: KMS has shown us Flame/Inner Ability stats and rates due to the 2021 scandal. KMS also showed us the cubing rates to save face. GMS has only shown us Flame/Inner Ability rates.

Solution: Handled very very poorly and 100% all nexons fault.

KMS Content Roadmap

Issue: GMS players already know the content roadmap based on the KMS patches. KMS content is routinely ported over to GMS after 4-6 months. However, the last patch had half of it’s content missing without explanation. It has been weeks since and there is still no explanation. Earlier in 2021, Nexon gave us a content roadmap a singular time after requests from players. But, that was the only time. No word currently on 64-bit client other than "we are debating whether or not it's coming to GMS".

Solution: Link us to other regions we're copy and pasting the patches if we cannot make our own content for our region.

Patch Bugs

Issue: Whether it's due to GMS exclusive content clashing with the new patches or Nexon just being short handed, crashes and bugs during launch week are worse than ever.

Solution: Hire competent tech people or understand why there is a failure to communicate?

Starforce Prices

Issue: Starforce prices are double due to a combination of botters and spawn enhancers.

Solution: It's time to adjust.

Kanna Nerf / Spawn Enhancers

Issue: If Kishin follows the TMS nerf, then Kishin will effectively be just a normal class and Kishin will only apply a +exp effect. Players are limited to a certain amount of Wild Totems per month.

Solution: Spawn enhancers should've never entered the game in the first place. it breaks a core mechanic in any MMO game easily.
    At this point just remove it or return it to its original status.
    Brings back the 2 PC meta helps players rather then hurts them.

Frenzy Totem

Issue: Frenzy Totem has opened Pandora's box of spawn enhancement. There is no going back to regular spawn rate for 99% of the player base. There are only a finite number of Frenzy Totems, and this leads to a small number of players having a monopoly on the Frenzy service market. Some of these Frenzy sellers contribute to the illegal meso market. Not having access to Frenzy Totems or Frenzy Totem service simply makes the game unplayable for the majority of players.

Solution: Again like the Kishin spawn, Just bring it back or remove it completely.

Netherland Players

Issue: Regular server Netherland players have been largely screwed over with the trade restrictions to items/auction house. Players understand that Nexon's hand was forced due to local laws and regulations regarding gambling.

Solution: This issue is between Nexon and the Netherlands.

Nexon Account Recovery System Loophole

Issue: There currently exists a loophole in the account recovery system that lets players recover other people's accounts with some bits of personal information.

Solution: Fix it.

Secondary Points
    Although these points are not integral to the state of the game, we want Nexon to address and speak on these issues. Some of these issues are years old without Nexon speaking a word on them besides a simple "it's not coming back" or "we're looking into it". Where is the transparency?

Reboot Vac Pets

A minor point. "Why spend no money in a boycott so you can spend money on VAC pets?" I believe this is missing the point. The key issue is lack of communication on a change that was supposed to come months ago. What if we don't ever get it? Fine, but tell the players that have been looking forward to VAC pets in Reboot the reason why or why it has been delayed to this point.

Solution: Should've never been promoted or introduced. Now you've got to deliver.

Legacy Items

Issue: Pieces of content like Lab Server, Pottable badge, and Dark Totems that did not come by again. This created a permanent power imbalance between players who have gotten these legacy items and those who haven't gotten it. Those who have content like Lab Server and Pottable badge will forever be stronger than a player with the same equipment but no legacy items.

Solution: No problems with these items if they help everyone. If they're considered legacy items, just say it and move on to other important issues.

Fixing Beast Tamers

Issue: Beast Tamers, being a non-KMS class, has not received the attention they deserve for bug fixes that have happened in recent patches. This has even led to an event where BT players were falsely banned due to a BT bug triggering a hack reason. Also, Beast Tamers are unable to max out all their skills with the given points. "All Together! Critter Crossing!" Does not last through buff freezers.

Solution: Cool idea, terrible execution, time to go back to the drawing board for her.

Auction house and Lack of players in non-reboot.

Merging worlds does nothing at this point to help servers nor its population since Bera is basically the only active stable economic server and promoted server. Very similar to reboot.

Solution: Make the Auction house universal and keep the servers independent. Allow it to grow naturally.

Speech along with criticism.

I'm surprised this has not been mentioned whatsoever. Players I've seen have been increasingly frustrated if they're not allow to speak what's on their mind freely. Players also abused reporting chat bans by crying it hurts their feelings. Alot of sad people and mentally ill people live and breathe for maple story and will do anything for a cheap victory.

Solution: This company and game resides in America we allow free speech. We should never restrict it or ban people who don't go along with your dumb ideology or grouping. We should choose how to play a game not be told.

Ending Remarks: We aren't in a position to be making any demands. But we are in control of over selves in what to play. Nexon is perfectly fine by other means of income, sponsors, endorsement etc. they're a business they can continue selling out too china if need be. Crying with idiotic comments like #boycotting makes y'all just look like a typical entitled kid having a temper tantrum not getting their way. Overtime reboots going to be the only server alive, the regular servers will only be populated by 15+ hour no lifers who invested too much time, money, blood sweat and tears into the game to quit. Not much criticism more so than opinion being treated has a fact will be how players talk. People are just going to continue too whine, cry to nexon instead of learning how to deal with it or ignoring it. This is what the generation is all about currently. I've been banned in multiple servers and I wouldn't be surprised if I'll be banned here and guess what? At the end this is a game ran by incompetent management and played by a questionable community. Happy mapling.
    Duality41