[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The Maple Pass

StaconaStacona
Reactions: 1,435
edited April 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Short end, this is an idea for a Battle Pass system in MapleStory, free with NX paid option for bonus goodies.

The idea behind this will help the game with offering a reason for ALL players, free and paid, to log into the game every day and actively play it which then will net for more paying customers which is good for business. The other reason is offer more monetization aspects for the game both for whales can whale harder on the game and give something for other players to be paying money that currently are not paying anything.

How it will work:
The system will work in a similar fashion to Fairy Bros, the long track version. You log in and the quest is automatic for it, but instead of being logged in for 1 hour, you instead have to kill 1,000 monsters near your level and then you can claim your stamp for that with Saturday and Sunday granting two stamps instead of one.

Each Maple Pass lasts for 90 days, 9 days of over hang to allow for everyone to be able to finish the pass before a new one begins.

Free Track
Each pass set will consist of 81 Stamps for 81 Free Prizes (with a Maple Points catch up mechanic if you missed any days) so every single day will give a prize that helps with progression in some way.
Example ideas for free prizes:
~Nodestones
~Symbol Selection (Arcane or Sacred)
~Red Flames
~Rainbow Flames
~Black Flames
~Meister Cubes
~Red Cubes
~Black Cubes
~Mysterious Mesos Bags (6x the bags given for Reboot)
~Varying Mesos Given (6x the amount for Reboot)
~2x Drop Coupons (30mins)
~2x EXP Coupons (30mins)
~ Wild Totem (2hours)
~Small Wild Totem (30mins)
~Wealth Acquisition Potion (2hours)
~Small Wealth Acquisition Potion (30mins)
~Experience Potion (2hours)
~Small Experience Potion (30mins)
~Sparkling 20% Boss Damage Potion (2hours)
~Sparkling 20% Ignore Defense Potion (2hours)
~After 4 weeks (36th Stamp), 90-days Water of Life
~Final free prize (81st Stamp), 270-days Water of Life

~(Not everything that can be offered, just some examples)

Paid Track
The paid track can be bought with NX only, prepaid or credit. There would be 9 prizes in total, you gain a prize every 9 stamps you collect and the cost for catch up days is reduced to 0 (zero) Maple Points (a.k.a. "FREE" catch up days) for up to 18 stamps, after that the price returns to normal for catch up days.

Example ideas for paid prizes:
~Custom Mix Colour Coupons for Hair / Eyes
~Special Premium Choice Coupons for Hair / Face for that Maple Pass
~Special Label / Chat Rings for that Maple Pass
~Friendship Effect Rings for that Maple Pass
~Special Outfits Unique for that Maple Pass (Get your Fashion Story on!)
i.e. Hat, Top, Bottom, Overall, Weapon, Shoe, Glove, Face, Eye, Cape, etc.
~ After 36 stamps, 90-days regular pet that is unique for that Maple Pass
~ After 81 stamps, alternating prize between Permanent Duration unique regular pet for that Maple Pass OR 90-days (revivable) Vacuum Pet that is unique for that Maple Pass (Alternating meaning one pass will give a permanent duration pet and the next pass will be a vacuum pet and will keep rotating between the two final prizes)

~(Not everything that can be offered, just some examples)

DO NOTE: I am aware I do not have correct names for some things, but we all know what the item is so whatever. This is to give a general sense of what to give out and do that would be exciting to receive.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2022
    I have long thought that Nexon needs a better system than MVP Gold/Diamond/Whatever and that a subscription method with lower bar for entry would be a better system so while I might not entirely agree with this idea I do think it is something Nexon could experiment with again.
    We actually had a battlepass event a few years back and I wonder if it would be worth Nexon's time to see if doing this more regularly would be better for player's wallets and Nexon's income.
  • StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,435
    edited April 2022
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I have long thought that Nexon needs a better system than MVP Gold/Diamond/Whatever and that a subscription method with lower bar for entry would be a better system so while I might not entirely agree with this idea I do think it is something Nexon could experiment with again.
    We actually had a battlepass event a few years back and I wonder if it would be worth Nexon's time to see if doing this more regularly would be better for player's wallets and Nexon's income.

A battle pass needs to keep free players coming in every day to create player interactivity which helps boost players to spend money on the game, plus time investment to a game usually nets some kind of real money purchase from players that normally would spend nothing.
    This is the importance of a free track.

A paid track is obviously to make more money.
    Fuhreak