[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.237 Ignition: Cygnus Knights Redux Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gender change coupons?

SheepioSheepio
Reactions: 420
Posts: 2
Member
It would be really nice to have an item that lets you change your characters gender, the main reason im suggesting this is because everytime I look at a cash shop update I kind of get jealous at the pretty things the other gender gets in terms of hair styles, faces and clothing.
Would love to hear other people's opinion on this.
Revolvette

Comments

  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,050
    Posts: 233
    Member
    edited April 29
    I'm desperate for this on mihile. It's been almost 10yrs and it's still locked. :disappointed:
    Sheepio
  • OinksterOinkster
    Reactions: 100
    Posts: 2
    Member
    i would really like to see this change i want to change from female to male
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,990
    Posts: 1,307
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 3
    The better option is to just remove the gender flag from all items. It doesn't have any gameplay changing effects so there's no reason for it to exist at this point.
    Revolvette
  • SheepioSheepio
    Reactions: 420
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited May 4
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    The better option is to just remove the gender flag from all items. It doesn't have any gameplay changing effects so there's no reason for it to exist at this point.

    Well, the gender of the character does affect some gameplay, including NPC dialogue, character voice lines, and also I think only ark has a different skill animation on their 5th job skill depending on character gender.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,990
    Posts: 1,307
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 4
    Sheepio wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    The better option is to just remove the gender flag from all items. It doesn't have any gameplay changing effects so there's no reason for it to exist at this point.

    Well, the gender of the character does affect some gameplay, including NPC dialogue, character voice lines, and also I think only ark has a different skill animation on their 5th job skill depending on character gender.

    Having cash shop being usable on either gender has the same effect though. NPC Dialogue is hardly important. Character voice lines would be a good excuse for this and ARK if that is true. But a better option is still to just allow using any item on any gender as that opens up a lot more CS options instantly. After that, maybe consider a gender change coupon.
  • RevolvetteRevolvette
    Reactions: 300
    Posts: 5
    Member
    edited May 8
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Sheepio wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    The better option is to just remove the gender flag from all items. It doesn't have any gameplay changing effects so there's no reason for it to exist at this point.

    Well, the gender of the character does affect some gameplay, including NPC dialogue, character voice lines, and also I think only ark has a different skill animation on their 5th job skill depending on character gender.

    Having cash shop being usable on either gender has the same effect though. NPC Dialogue is hardly important. Character voice lines would be a good excuse for this and ARK if that is true. But a better option is still to just allow using any item on any gender as that opens up a lot more CS options instantly. After that, maybe consider a gender change coupon.

    I agree with this - remove the gender lock on equips.. it is not necessary.
    Nexon is still living in the past; only allowing male + female marriage and having gender restricted equips