[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The final nail in the coffin. (reboot)

kingubenjikingubenji
Reactions: 610
edited May 2022 in General Chat
I quit.

i was a supporter of vac pets in reboot reason is reboot is a meso farming simulator vac pets should just be a quality of life update but okay i would pay some money for it even. but 100$ and its not even permanent? it destroys everything that reboot stands for 20$ perm vac pets or i'm gone forever rip to all the good memories but when i thing about maple right now all i see is darkness and disappointment

Comments

• BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,495
    edited May 2022
    Let you in on a secret.

The true reason Reboot was started in the first place was because Nexon was getting sick of players calling them greedy and corrupt with their "Free to Play, Pay to Win" game, so they offered Reboot so players could experience how "fun" it would be if they actually could offer the game completely free.

While Nexon's "free to play" schtick is indeed deceptive, you must remember, like any other company, Nexon requires profit to continue to make a product. Even charity organizations require money to survive, that's the way it is.

And for the record, I've seen a LOT of "Free to Play, Pay to Win" games that are worse. Here:

MapleStory isn't even on the list.