[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Totem removal will kill this game

SunnyTsubasaSunnyTsubasa
Reactions: 955
edited October 2022 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
99% of this game is grinding. Grinding off-totem is not fun. Removing kish was already too far but we at least always had the option of frenzy.

Grinding not fun = people don't play = people don't pay = game dies

Not hard to understand. Revert this short-sighted change or you'll kill your own game.
Dnaman101MaquenjayTurtlesRock

Comments

• SunnyTsubasaSunnyTsubasa
    edited October 2022
    *Fury, not frenzy

Though that does bring to mind that reg. server players are even more screwed than they usually are since they have no choice but to shell out to frenzy owners.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2022
    It will hurt* regular server a bit more, but that was already dying.
    Most players from my sphere agree that it's a good change.
    Totems needed to die a long time ago and this while being late, is still required.
    Players have said "This game is dying" or "This will kill the game" countless times and Maple only grows stronger each time.
    The game isn't going anywhere, but you're allowed to leave if you wish.
    I have always had more fun grinding off totem, personally.
  • SunnyTsubasaSunnyTsubasa
    edited October 2022
    there is literally 0 benefit to not having totems in the game, you could always just not use them if you dislike them for some weird reason

IDK how you have fun with less stuff to kill and kneecapped meso/drop/exp rates but ok
    AreYouMyMom
  • AracelyAracely
    Reactions: 740
    edited October 2022
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Totems needed to die a long time ago and this while being late, is still required.

This is a trend that I see, it's mostly players that have already stopped using totems that think it's a good change. Larger map grinding is not relaxing and that's why I play this game, not for extra work. And 'totems needed to die a long time ago'? Why? They're not even overpowered. I've yet to hear 1 good argument for why they need to be removed instead of revamped.

AreYouMyMom
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited October 2022
    Revert this short-sighted change or you'll kill your own game.

I've been thinking for quite some time that they have been trying to kill the game because they are sick of working on it
    AreYouMyMom
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2022
    Aracely wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »

This is a trend that I see, it's mostly players that have already stopped using totems that think it's a good change. Larger map grinding is not relaxing and that's why I play this game, not for extra work. And 'totems needed to die a long time ago'? Why? They're not even overpowered. I've yet to hear 1 good argument for why they need to be removed instead of revamped.

I actually hated totems more after I started using them. Assume less please.
    Totems need to die because it creates a toxic mindset of "I can't grind without this item" same reason why Kishin needed to die.
    Let players just play the game when they want without making them worry about their time spent in the game being worthless unless they use XYZ items.
    I had way more fun before totems, where I could just grind 10 or 15 minutes without having to worry about using an item to maximize my time.
    I actually feel the same way about EXP coupons. They're pointless and create a toxic mindset.
  • plazapearerplazapearer
    Reactions: 310
    Take a shot every time someone says MapleStory will die because of X reason.
    Fuhreak