[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Halloween Shopping Duplicate Bug

NoscibleNoscible
Reactions: 100
in Bug Reporting
It clearly states on the patch notes that you cannot obtain duplicates from the build pack (16h shopping trips). However, I sent my caretaker to multiple 16h shopping trips with one of the trips giving me a duplicate Overgrown Pumpkin Patch Metal Window blueprint. This duplicate blueprint cannot be moved from my inventory to the "build" screen and will say that "This item has already been applied".

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2022
    Did you also do any 5-hour or 10-hour shopping trips for furnishings?

The Overgrown Pumpkin Patch Metal Window blueprint can also be obtained from the 3-furnishing Collection reward.
    The reward labeled as a furnishing,
    unknown.png
    but when you obtain and use it, you get
    unknown.png

So you might have gotten one from the collection rewards, and the shopping for blueprints doesn't take that into consideration. (which is still a bug, just a different one)
  • NoscibleNoscible
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2022
    I did also do 5-10 hour trips but I have not claimed any collection rewards. Since blueprints are unique to 16h trips, to my knowledge, it would be impossible to get them in other trips.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2022
    OK, thanks for these additional details.
  • LoudyLoudy
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2022
    This also happened to me yesterday and today to my 16hr shopping trips. I already have the dark log exterior wall active in my 'build' window and have been using it from the beginning but I have two duplicate blueprints of the same 'Dark Log Exterior Wall' in my inventory now that I received back to back on my last two recent shopping trips.

(edit: both blueprints are still currently in my inventory and I would also like to add that my client also crashed afterwards when receiving the second blueprint but I don't know if that was related to the same issue or not)
  • LoudyLoudy
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2022
    Not a duplicate glitch directly related to the 16-hr shopping run one discussed on this thread but (similar) I've noticed that the Collection Reward (Furniture Storage > Collection > 'Halloween' tab at bottom) shows items 'Plum Nependeath from Hell' and 'Light Green Nependeath from Hell' along with 'Marigolds' and others which upon claiming and using the blueprint(s) it shows that I received certain styles from the 16-hr Build Pack and they were moved into my furnishing storage box which I already had collected from the shopping runs I finished previously.

Seen another person post on a forum also mentioning this bug and they received more styles than I did apparently but I used all 3 blueprints unknowingly and only received 2 styles from the blueprints and they were only roofs while the other person claimed to have received a roof, window and a floor style from just 1 of the Nependeath blueprints they used.

Styles I received were -
    Overgrown Pumpkin Patch Metal Roof
    Burgundy Neon Party Roof

(*edit* - lol sorry just read the the response about this bug above and understand it now but I guess it's still worth mentioning it or still somewhat relevant in some way)
  • JerezoJerezo
    In addition to obtaining a duplicate blueprint (before collecting any of the collection tab blueprints that I didn't know were blueprints due to mislabeling), it appears that blueprint shopping is largely redundant in the first place due to them being rewarded by the collection tab (again, they're mislabeled as furnishings, so how would anyone know). Given the extremely limited time period of this event, I'm dismayed that I wasted so much time shopping for blueprints when I should have been shopping for furnishings. Between the duplicates, misleading labeling, and limited time to correct any mistakes caused by these glitches, this event has left a lot of people unhappy. I filed a ticket and was told to wait for an investigation into the matter and how myself and other players should be compensated. As an avid home collector, waiting to see how this issue will be corrected / compensated has me feeling particularly impatient and anxious that the compensation may not adequately prevent me from having to wait a whole year to get the items I could have had a much larger chance at getting this year had the event not had these problems. Maybe a home decoration selection coupon of sorts (x5-ish) could work. Hopefully they address this before the event is over.