[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wild Totem removal is the last straw for me

FOREVERMATIFOREVERMATI
I've been playing since 2006 and have forgiven Nexon for a lot of their mistakes over the years. But this is the last time for me, i made this post just to vent but they truly do not care about our opinions. I will finally be quitting and not play again. I was really looking forward to Ignition but now what's the point if totems were one of the only reasons i played daily and consistency. I will quit before i go back to regular servers. does anybody else feel the same way? I think this is a sign from Nexon that its time to get off this game, maybe im too old anyways. Good bye Maplers and wish you the best if you decide to stay on but dont ever expect anything good from them again

Comments

• StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited October 2022
    Goodbye!

Real bad attitude my dude.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2022
    I do not play this game very efficiently, I rarely if ever use totems because I can't physically sit or even find the perfect time for 2 hours of uninterrupted grind. I have a 265, 260 and 242 as my main three characters, the first of which have maxed nodes on all important skills (Explorer is maxed twice, technically) with the ability to solo HLomien and easily contribute to CTene parties on both.
    I'm approaching 9k legion soon and easily rake in up to 10b+ per week if I choose to do my bosses (Reboot).

Even from a fresh account if you're playing with friends you should have CRA solo characters ready pretty early on which is a decent source of meso (at least in reboot), as for Reg I imagine being able to gear all your mules with free CRA gear makes this even less painful.
    Totems really aren't required to progress in the game, as long as you're doing your dailies and/or events you progress just fine.
  • SpareSpare
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited October 2022
    I honestly don't play the game just to level up, it takes time and we'll gradually get more ways to level up faster, take monster park going up to moonbridge and monster park extreme being added for example, and that limina+ monsters give more exp too.
    As for the loss of drops being less common due to less monster spawns, I do think having a buff to drop rate would be welcomed, at the very least from normal monsters if not bosses.
    Fuhreak
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2022
    Stacona wrote: »
    Goodbye!

What are you even talking about? They couldn't have phrased this while also telling us how upset they are at Nexon's decisions over the years in any nicer of a way than they did here. What bad attitude, they didn't say anything bad???

Idk maybe you can claim they're doomposting. because they mention the future for MapleStory not being promising. But like there are many examples of Nexon making similar changes to GMS without trying to come up with a better solution that would cause less backlash, or asking anyone's opinions.

This isn't a rant just an observation. You can see so many examples of this by scrolling through this section of the forums to see whenever Nexon makes a drastic change to the game. So it should be understandable after all these examples someone might want to quit because they have a prediction of Nexon doing more things like this based on a lot of prior examples of similar changes.
    TurtlesRock
  • TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited November 2022
    Stacona wrote: »
    Goodbye!

Totem removal is a big deal and will affect a lot of casual players. I'm not surprised that people want to quit over totems.

It's not a bad attitude. Accepting anything daddy nexon throws at you is the bad attitude.
    Fuhreak
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2022
    You're really gonna quit over this? Alright then cya. I'm happy they're getting rid of it, they were too OP and abused. Hopefully the servers will be stable after the removal. I love the 1 burninator per month idea, would be nice to see something else replace the totem in the RP shop.
    Fuhreak