[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jett should be allowed to swap to ANY JOB

ChimichurroChimichurro
Reactions: 1,420
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This is one of the worst things to ever happen in GMS history. A whole subset of players just had effectively 5-10 years thrown out the window due to nexon's incompetence. The LEAST you could do is allow us to switch to any job, not limited to just explorers. Take the extra time to figure it out. This is seriously a gigantic blow and the fact that we're not even getting a Mo Xuan-esque revamp says a lot about how little nexon cares. Jett was the pride of GMS and the devs in korea couldn't even say "hey let's take this cool space bounty hunter concept and kick it up a notch!" like yall could've seriously introduced it into KMS with this incoming Newage update. I'm pissed, appalled, disappointed, depressed, and every other flavor of sad and angry. PLEASE let us swap to something besides explorers, seriously.
WizardBeauLagTooMuchNimo

Comments

• iBundanceiBundance
    Reactions: 845
    edited May 2023
    Jett should be kept but creation of one should be disabled. Would be unfair to any other classes to be allowed to change.
    WizardBeauNimo
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited May 2023
    Nexon has no brain thats why
    WizardBeau
  • WonhoWonho
    Reactions: 940
    edited May 2023
    I also agree that it would be better to enable Jetts to switch to ANY job because it would motivate players to do so. A part of the backlash comes from restricting Jetts to Explorer jobs. Giving them the option to change to any class of their choice would ‚soften the blow‘.

I‘m not part of the beginner community but I‘ve seen posts about beginner players being frustrated at other Jett players (not mains) wanting to ‚‘screw up‘ the rankings so enabling them to switch to any job would motivate more people to switch.

I assume that Nexon restricting us to the Explorer branch has to do with Jett being an Explorer and also to prevent us to switch to any Sengoku or BT classes (in case they do get removed in the future).
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023
    I think the reason Nexon is allowing Jett to switch to explorer classes is due to the cash shop.
    This doesn't require them to change anything related to the database when it comes to how the character's cash shop is handled.
    But Nexon should honestly allow them to change to any class, put in the extra work to handle database/questline cases that might prove difficult and just warn players "Your cash shop will not transfer with you to your new job if you don't pick explorer." and just have a cash shop transfer event every few months until this whole Jett thing is over.
    Nexon wouldn't put in the extra work to save the class in the first place, so there's no way they'll put in the extra work to allow it to change to any class, though.
    Nimo