[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

NX should do better to honor Jett players

DiamondRBDiamondRB
Reactions: 935
edited April 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I have been a Jett main for more than 10 years, since its first debut as a Corsair clone with similar skillset. I love her theme, I love the story, I love everything about her. Jett is literally why I have been playing this game for so long.

However, I understand that NX dev have been through countless of discussions to make the decision, so no matter what we do, no matter how much love we spend,... They won't change the final decision.

Jett will be deleted, forever, and I've accepted that fact.

But still, you can do better to honor Jett, as she acts as the server signature for a long period of time.

1. Your "gifts" will never be enough to compensate what we have lost. It looks sucks honestly, like the things you give to everyone in a normal-sized event.

2. What on earth is a "trace of Jett", and its not even permanent. For me that is the biggest slap in the face, just like you are trying to said "oh just delete the class, they will forget about it in 1 year anyways".

3. Instead of these bullsh*t, you can consider the followings:

- Make an option to allow Jett player to turn their character into a legion block. That will stay permanently there with the cost of character removal. Now player will get to choose if they want to move on, or simply want to honor they beloved Jett.
- For the one who want to change, let them choose among all the existing class. The game encouraging us to grinding a lot of characters for legion. What if we already own all of the explorer classes?

4. I am very sad. But I know no one will cares, I'm not the most diligent player, not the biggest spender, so I'm well aware that my opinion means nothing. But still, I want to share it. It might be the last time I say something about Maple.

Sorry if my English was bad, I hope it will be enough for you to understand, have a great day.

WizardBeauKyouirisuLagTooMuchKlara

Comments

• LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited May 2023
    wow 10 years? Come on guys give this man a break!!! Dont you think he deserves it?
    Leave Jett Alone seriously
    WizardBeau
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023
    I disagree with the legion block. We already have too much legacy content that puts players ahead of other players simply because they played during golden eras.
    However players that have their highest level character as Jett, or even players who have a Jett as one of their top 5 should be given a lot more compensation than this.
    The biggest reason this transfer is a slap in the face to Jett players is that people who DON'T main Jett get far better rewards.
    Nexon is basically rewarding everyone who didn't play Jett but simply has one while punishing those who actually like the class.

The compensation to Jett is unacceptable for people who main Jett.
    iBundanceWizardBeau
  • DiamondRBDiamondRB
    edited May 2023
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I disagree with the legion block. We already have too much legacy content that puts players ahead of other players simply because they played during golden eras.

Make it like Pink Bean/Yeti event then, people can grind Jett in an event that reward them the block.

I dislike legacy either, I want so many thing to have its rerun. But I'm not the one who making the decision.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023
    DiamondRB wrote: »

Make it like Pink Bean/Yeti event then, people can grind Jett in an event that reward them the block.

I dislike legacy either, I want so many thing to have its rerun. But I'm not the one who making the decision.

This doesn't solve the issue of legacy content but rather just moves it to a different location. Sure that works for players playing NOW but what about in a year?
    I'm all for honoring Jett, but it can't be done with the kind of problems that caused it to be removed in the first place.
    So give Nexon the best version of your decision. Don't water it down for them to water it down even further.
  • DiamondRBDiamondRB
    edited May 2023

This doesn't solve the issue of legacy content but rather just moves it to a different location. Sure that works for players playing NOW but what about in a year?

PB and YT have their reruns frequently my friend, if it won't rerun anymore, that's NX problem, not me.

I already gave them the idea, if they found legacy contents are just too toxic, why don't they rerun the event? (or simply design better things to fill in). Once again, I can't tell them what to do. We all know how to solve the legacy problem, but we just don't have it fixed.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2023
    PB and YT have their reruns frequently my friend, if it won't rerun anymore, that's NX problem, not me.

I already gave them the idea, if they found legacy contents are just too toxic, why don't they rerun the event? (or simply design better things to fill in). Once again, I can't tell them what to do. We all know how to solve the legacy problem, but we just don't have it fixed.

I see what you mean now. If Nexon will actually re-run a Jett event, yes I agree.
    But if Nexon is only going to run the event once and never again (Lab) I'd rather them just never host that event.
    We should be seeing Nexon rotate these "Legacy" events over and over.
    There's no reason in the past few years we shouldn't have seen the return of things like Lab Server, Grim Totems and Sengoku Badge.
    In the future we'll see if they allow Misty Island to return. Nexon should either rerun legacy, or remove the benefits by offering better items within the core-game.
    Such as allowing for potential on Genesis Badge, making hard to obtain yet equally as strong totems or totem sets, or changing effects of things like Lab to something far less important.

I dislike the idea of punishing players simply because they haven't been playing for as long as me.
    I will take the L if Nexon decides to rework/remove legacy content, but I'd much rather them just keep it around and give new players the chance.
    Much like I'd rather them leave Jett in the game and push her to a different development branch that can actually do the class justice.
  • MynodexMynodex
    Reactions: 760
    edited July 2023
    I totally agree, Sengoku badge is a huge difference for players who dont have them. Its an entire new slot with 6 potential lines. Would be reasonable if they add potential to current existing badges (they will be weaker than the sengoku and ghost ship ones) but at least its not a massive gap.
  • iBundanceiBundance
    Reactions: 845
    edited July 2023
    I think Jett being removed created a huge problem for the small percentage of players who may have already had maxed legion. For most people it is not an issue but for that small percentage of people who have been playing maple and maxed their characters it is a huge waste of time and not enough compensation can be provided since they put so much time and effort not only into the game but into that specific class.
    I think Sengoku should still be a good badge but having it be an item that isnt able to be obtained puts an even bigger gap between older players and new players. Not even considering the fact that some old players , like myself did not progress to this point in the game.

• iBundanceiBundance
    Reactions: 845
    edited July 2023

I see what you mean now. If Nexon will actually re-run a Jett event, yes I agree.
    But if Nexon is only going to run the event once and never again (Lab) I'd rather them just never host that event.
    We should be seeing Nexon rotate these "Legacy" events over and over.
    There's no reason in the past few years we shouldn't have seen the return of things like Lab Server, Grim Totems and Sengoku Badge.
    In the future we'll see if they allow Misty Island to return. Nexon should either rerun legacy, or remove the benefits by offering better items within the core-game.
    Such as allowing for potential on Genesis Badge, making hard to obtain yet equally as strong totems or totem sets, or changing effects of things like Lab to something far less important.

I dislike the idea of punishing players simply because they haven't been playing for as long as me.
    I will take the L if Nexon decides to rework/remove legacy content, but I'd much rather them just keep it around and give new players the chance.
    Much like I'd rather them leave Jett in the game and push her to a different development branch that can actually do the class justice.

I'd agree that they should have rotating events maybe have the player base vote on the events they liked ingame not on the forums or anywhere else . Run an ingame poll with the option for people to put they do not know what these events are so there are less people who vote uninformed .