[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

anti-afk mobs are annoying(CanThey be tweak a bit?

RedRavenRedRaven
Reactions: 925
edited June 2023 in General Chat
get 15 mins debuff where i net no exp//drops everytime cause of them
i lack dps to kill them super quick and the anti-heal kill me....if the goal was to prevent anti-leech..at least only restrict heals coming from other players
not deny the player their own potion(All Cure can't even remove it)...its starting to be aggravating...like 5 time today i die cause of that

edit: or maybe cut the healing in by 60% instead of 100% if gonna keep the effect ? (give a bit of a chance to survive)

Comments

• BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited June 2023
    Forget it, Raven, no matter how many times players complain about those unholy ambominations, they refuse to even consider getting rid of them.

They can't even do the job they are supposed to do, you know? I see players using chairs in Tenebrous maps that let them kite the map for days, out of reach of the afk mops. It's become a big joke.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited June 2023
    i'am currently at chu chu island(just started)...also i read the exp debuff get worse as char lvl goes up....like seriously 2 hours denied playing is atrocious
    thats extremely punishing these enemies....btw i'am a returning player.....not exactly the greatest sight to see the state maple is in......1-200 was like barren lands(no group to pq with and apparently end-game has no pq anymore

like 5-10 mins debuff is like wtv(i take a quick break for food or watch something)
    15-25 min is rather disgustingly long(currently at 15 mins debuff)

can't imagine how bad it is at lvl 240+ with these kin of enemies around....you die your denied from playing for an absurd amount of time
    not very healthy for the game....i might just leave maple once more if its gonna get this aggravating......suppose i could char hop alternatively while that debuff goes away

heck...i thought blizzard games had it nasty enough these days.....i thought maple might have improve after going downhill back then..but i suppose they(NX) gotta hit rock bottom to learn too
    well there some improvement on reboots server compare to old days(cheap char slots//inventory expansion compare to old days)
    cubes seem like freebies instead of having to buy them
    at least reboot feel less pay to win
    .....while they did some improvement...they also added real bad things in too//changed how game use to be play
    exp debuff....those enemies that give debuff.....lack of pq(was nice to chill for a few sec in these while other finished their part)
    and the lack of ppl in low areas :S (idk maybe have special channels for lvl 1-140....like restrict lvl 1-140 to channel 25-30 for say so they can meet more ppl in their lvl range)....then 140-180 channels 10-30......180+ all channels unlock

oh and another downside...whats up with the cash shop ??? 12 years and there way less items in stock than back then......it should grown in choices...not shrink
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2023
    The anti-AFK mobs will never kill you unless you're actually AFK once you have enough arcane force. Put points into your hyper stat for it and work on your dailies.
    After a few days the mobs will no longer bother you.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    edited June 2023
    Fuhreak: if i'am afk then the character wont heal by itself while attacking

alternative solution i can propose if you dont like the 1 above is the following
    whenever a player attack a bot catching monster, their dps double up for the next 5 sec againts the bot catching monster
    the buff doesn't extend to other enemies type

u can't complain about that second solution right ? its not gonna help an afker survive nor create power creep..although the first solution i suggested would not help an afker either

anyway why did you thought i was afking ? its not like i asked support to help ppl afking....if you could tell me the scenario you have in mind on how this would help someone who is afk

that was my first char in the lvl 200 range btw...my second 200 char hit 200 not long after this thread was created...6 other chars are in the 160-185 range...and my kaiser is at 70(drop played it cause too clunky although i will bring it to 120 eventually for the extra 5% from the link skill)
    i'am not rly sure if you thought i was one of those player with 30-40 alts who get stats power up from Legion skills but my legion is quite weak in term of stats currently
    edited June 2023
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    The anti-AFK mobs will never kill you unless you're actually AFK once you have enough arcane force. Put points into your hyper stat for it and work on your dailies.
    After a few days the mobs will no longer bother you.

Forgive my bluntness, but you are full of prunes, the things ambush you when you enter the map, even worse if you teleport there.

Why not just program a mechanic that knocks a player offline if they do not move or make no action for 5 minutes?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2023
    RedRaven wrote: »
    anyway why did you thought i was afking ? its not like i asked support to help ppl afking....if you could tell me the scenario you have in mind on how this would help someone who is afk

I didn't think you were AFK, I was simplying saying that the afk mobs don't pose much threat once you have enough arcane force to deal with them.
    This is of course assuming you don't get ambushed on map load which I'll admit is a problem.
    A good solution would be to give players a small window of invincibility (say, 15-60 seconds or until they move) once they've actually loaded into the map.
    Why not just program a mechanic that knocks a player offline if they do not move or make no action for 5 minutes?

Nexon wants players online and also given that the game currently takes 5 minutes for me to load into and it's not uncommon for me to AFK for a bit in town or maps that don't contain that mob, this is an awful solution and an even worse idea than the AFK mob.
    I understand you're applying hyperbole but that said I was at least trying to help, there's no need to be rude.
    edited June 2023
    A good solution would be to give players a small window of invincibility (say, 15-60 seconds or until they move) once they've actually loaded into the map..

I could live with that, but will Nexxon actually implement it?

The problem is, the AFK Mobs are there for a problem that really is not a big problem. Contrary to popular belief, this is not an anti-botting or anti-spamming feature, as such cheaters almost never manage to level a character that high before being caught. Rather, this is to prevent players from “camping” on one map in order to “claim” it and hog hot maps for themselves. Unfortunately, while this was indeed a problem on Korean servers, it's not as much a problem on CMS and GMS., and like I said, in cases where it is a problem, players find a way around it.

It tends to cause other problems, as the AFK mobs ambushing players who enter the maps via teleportation or even worse if you log on after disconnecting, where you have to deal with them before toggle skills can be applied. Demon Avenger players have it really bad, as Frenzy consumes up to 70% of your hp and prevents healing as a cost for the skill - you don’t want to get caught unawares by an AFK mob when using that. Like I said, there is more than one easy solution that could be used without these things, but Nexon seems unable or unwilling to do such and honest players suffer as a result.

Players have made videos on YouTube showing their opinions of it, and it ain't positive:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xtSL4CCKk1s
    Fuhreak