[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.251 - GO WEST! Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Shade Broken Since v244 Patch

collectivitycollectivity
Reactions: 545
edited September 2023 in Bug Reporting
Shade's main burst skill "Spirit Frenzy" has been broken since the v244 patch - it will frequently do zero damage. This is a critical bug for Shade and needs to be fixed ASAP since Spirit Frenzy comprises 30-40% of our overall damage output. Parties with a Shade in them currently are unable to run bosses (including multiple endgame parties for bosses like Kaling) due to this bug. The cause appears to be due to getting a NewAge KMS change several months early (this change was not mentioned in the patch notes and likely not intentional) without all the corresponding NewAge changes, hence bugging the skill. Please see the video below for a demonstration and explanation of the bug.

NarogOtakuBakaDesuHighhorseryHokoronSheepio

Comments

• AudioFAudioF
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2023
    I'd like to echo this post. Shade is impacted by this change - especially when Reboot received 5% DPS requirement, this can reduce class damage by 30-40%.
    Please look into it as soon as possible, this is game breaking bug that should be addressed as soon as possible, especially since you have been provided 100% steps to replicate it.
    NarogOtakuBakaDesuSheepio
  • AudioFAudioF
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2023
    @Ezrabell @Veeraah Known Issues section does not mention this bug. Would it be possible to add it there and bump with Devs?
    Lots of classes suffer from different bugs, but this one is quite crippling our class.
  • JosrevJosrev
    Reactions: 1,425
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2023
    Neeson please fix, i need to do my bosses :(
  • HighhorseryHighhorsery
    Reactions: 1,065
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2023
    What a great timing for our burst to break during a PunchKing event..
  • collectivitycollectivity
    edited September 2023
    Updating to report that the bug is still occurring after today's scheduled maintenance.
  • AridAranAridAran
    Reactions: 970
    edited September 2023
    Issue has been going on for a good while and is impacting most content I'm taking part in. This is affecting others too in my guild and bossing parties. Very annoying issue.
  • collectivitycollectivity
    edited September 2023
    Punch King event is almost halfway over and Shade is still bugged. Any update on whether we can expect a fix soon?
  • LetsgoHarukoLetsgoHaruko
    Reactions: 900
    edited September 2023
    It is completely understandable that any game have bugs, errors and consistency that occurs with it. It would not be something that stands out with that proposed transparency echoed in being a better maple for players. However, with something so critically wrong with a class that does not just handicap its ability to function but all but negates its usefulness the community as a whole would benefit with some form of formal addressing.

I sincerely agree that being negative about the issue is not productive to the problem solving, but respectfully neither is a lack of public discovery and address. That said, here are my own attempts to recreate the negated damage under spirit flow recast skills.
    II68Rne.mp4
    fA0BLnX.mp4
    BL0ieKP.mp4
  • SheepioSheepio
    Reactions: 620
    edited September 2023
    Please fix this ASAP, shades damage is now reliant on RNG for spirit flow not to trigger certain skill to actually deal normal damage, otherwise we would deal no damage during burst.