[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Guys am I alone for actually liking the grind?

AnyudaengAnyudaeng
Reactions: 210
edited November 2023 in General Chat
Guys, is it just me who like maplestory for the grind and the progress that I can make?

I think there's niche in gaming that is made for people who like the grind, like POE, Warframe, Diablo, Monster Hunter, etc.
This is just the 2D adventure version of those games.
I like farming and having a goal that I can work towards.

Still sell the boosters, I'll probably buy it even if the cap is gone, and it is useful for those who work hard and not have a lot of time to play, or those who simply do not like the grind.
But why remove a key identity of the game that I am sure some people were drawn to when first joining this game?
Yeah we can do legion for like couple months, maybe make a new character.
Even if we do those things, the core of the game just becomes logging in for 30mins-1hr to do dailies, and do bossing once a week.
I think I will find that game pretty boring after a month or two. It is not much different for me compared to some mobile gacha game.

I love games, and basically my only hobby is playing games other than exercising a bit to keep myself healthy.
This game was perfect for someone who play games because they enjoy playing games in general.
I am not sure after the patch, this game will stay the same for me.
BlasterMaster

Comments

• SnickySnicky
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited November 2023
    Paying for the boost would be the worst decision u could make !! Don't you even see that Wonki is slowly turning reboot into P2W server ???? If we go pay to make progress he wins not we .
  • AnyudaengAnyudaeng
    Reactions: 210
    edited November 2023
    Honestly, if the game is worth me spending money, I don't mind spending money.
    I just don't think a daily quest basically a mobile game is worth the cash
  • SnickySnicky
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited November 2023
    You not seem to get what Mr Wonki is trying to accomplish - buy boosters or even spend money now on Maple will just feed his stupid ideas .
    spend money on cashshop for clothes u can wear and see and is perm is not bad but try make us pay for progress is just not what Reboot was ment for .
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited November 2023
    they need to bring back character cards and allow us to buy levels. I would buy levels as instead of grinding I can work irl and just buy victory.
  • BlasterMasterBlasterMaster
    Reactions: 1,495
    edited November 2023
    You're not alone.

Being able to go online and kill a few hundred mobs can be... what's the word... Catharsis after coming home from work.