[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Heroic Points System [Concept]

StaconaStacona
Reactions: 1,850
edited April 20 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Simply put, Heroic Points would be a new points system that function identically as Maple Points, but they are exclusive to that Heroic World, i.e. Kronos will be Kronos Points, Hyperion will be Hyperion Points, and Solis will be Solis Points.

The goal to this concept is both to create a way for GMS to make more money and for a way for all players to make Cash Shop purchases by simply playing the game / playing the game more.

More active players in the game brings in more players.
More players that play GMS indirectly will lead to more people making financial purchases to the game.
More financial purchases to the game gives Nexon more money.
More money they make allows for bigger budgets to do more with the game as well to make the game even better.

The system is simple:
You can purchase Heroic Points with Mesos at a set rate.
You CANNOT purchase Mesos with NX, Maple Points, or Heroic Points.

How it works?
The Mesos to Heroic Points conversation rate will change every week based on the amount of items purchased with NX on that world versus the amount of Heroic Points that were purchased that week by the % difference.

For Example:
If 1,000,000 NX purchases happened in Kronos that week and Kronos players combined purchased 1,200,000 Heroic Points that week, that would be 20% more Heroic Points were purchased than Kronos players spent on NX.

This means if that week 1 Heroic Point = 1,000,000 Mesos, then the next week 1 Heroic Point would cost 1,200,000 Mesos.

Inverse scenario can play out too if 1,000,000 Heroic Points were purchased on Kronos and Kronos players bought 1,200,000 NX, then for the next week to purchase Heroic Points would be 20% cheaper.

i.e. 1 Heroic Point = 1,000,000 Mesos in the current week and then the next week 1 Heroic Point only costs 800,000 Mesos.

1. This creates more reason for those with a lot of money to spend more as it would benefit everyone else in the game.

2. Nexon would benefit with being able to make more money from GMS.

3. When players feel like Nexon is being generous with allowing players to get premium purchases simply by playing the game then they are more likely to make monetary purchases in the future by feeling like they were treated right and to give back for all of the time they spent with the game.

P.S. Minimum values would be treated as "1" by default in case of a scenario where no purchases were made with NX or Heroic Points. Resulting in a potential massive inflation or deflation scenario if a rare occurrence ever happened since the difference between NX bought and Heroic Points gained would become extreme and ensure players must make real NX purchases to prevent the mesos cost of Heroic Points from becoming unpurchasable expensive.
Fuhreak

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 19
    I like the idea of being able to spend meso or time on the ability to buy NX. This is one of the benefits of reg however so I'm not sure Nexon would be sold on this idea.
    Even just giving us more options for things to buy with RP would be a blessing. Even just something like 5 PSSB a month.
  • StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,850
    edited April 19
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I like the idea of being able to spend meso or time on the ability to buy NX. This is one of the benefits of reg however so I'm not sure Nexon would be sold on this idea.
    Even just giving us more options for things to buy with RP would be a blessing. Even just something like 5 PSSB a month.

Majourity KMS players can buy maple points with mesos and they end up making more money as well. The important aspect for this type of system is the incentive to purchase NX which creates a scenario where nexon makes even more money with this new system.

Heroic reward shop needs to be fixed as well, it is in a very depressing place right now... minimum 3x Water of Life per month. But you can add a lot more to the rewards shop than just that.
    Fuhreak