[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Familiar Changes

MatarielMatariel
Reactions: 1,290
edited May 24 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Familiars have been an interesting feature of this game for more than a few years now. It’s honestly one of my favorite things maplestory has, as I love summoning things. However the system has a couple issues that I think if were fixed, could make the game a lot more fun.

Shared inventory across world.
I think one of the more frustrating parts of familiar hunting is that you have to pick one character to be the one who gets to use them. This then involves a lot of storage visits just so I can migrate cards over to another character. I think if it was like monster collection, where it’s a shared effort, it would be soooo much more useful and fun.

Removing the need to level up monsters through combining or reducing the required amounts. I’ve farmed drakes on so many different characters and I’ve yet to be able to combine one up. I think it’s a little overkill and sucks the fun out of card hunting.

Allow Reboot players to earn cards that are no longer available. Since we do not have the red card packs, it’s harder to complete badges for enemies you can no longer fight. Personally I think it would be cool to be able to get cards from Legion coins.

I think these changes could completely change the system for the better.
StaconaFuhreak

Comments

• StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,820
    edited May 24
    Familiars do need a full rework, but these are really good improvements for the game.
    Matariel