[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory GO WEST Developer age poll

TarantulaManZanTarantulaManZan
Reactions: 610
edited June 7 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Maplestory is an OLD game by most people's standards nowadays. I'm suggesting that the Maplestory Developers take a page from Western development and offer a tick box to turn the censorship in this game off. As this game has aged, so has most of its player base. I'm willing to put money on there being less than 25 percent of Maplers under the age of eighteen. A voluntary poll that nobody but internal employees will see the results. It would be easy to see the number of answers versus the amount of unique logins to get an idea of the percentage of people who answered. The censorship in this game makes it difficult to communicate in plain English due to the many regions offered, time to change that. (For those that want it changed, a tick box means those that leave it ticked will still see **** this is a QoL change)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 7
    I've been on the internet long enough to know that kids are the ones you need to censor more than need to censor for.
    Kids say some of the most offensive things you'll ever hear, spit out insults with unique combinations of words that I never thought I'd hear.
    Turn off the filter because it doesn't do/prevent anything anyway, kids grow up on the internet seeing far worse than anything someone in maple could say.
    And for those who desire a filter, just allow a custom list of words so that we don't have to wonder what the hell someone just said because it had a combination of some obscure swear in a language you haven't even heard of.
  • StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,850
    edited June 8
    Mushroom game is technically a kids game and swearing is against ToS.

Though the censoring is overly aggressive where it censors things like... "is permanent" and "mini game" which makes things worse than better.

And censoring should only include English words, maybe Spanish and French at the most included, but if we censoring swears from an obscure language that no one is ever going to speak in GMS is a little too much...
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited June 8
    star in your 2 example its english

is permanent.....S to M....and innappropriate for kids(personnaly dont care if kids read it)
    mini game......N to A....racism word.......also dont care but its best to keep quiet about that 1 because some ppl react to word they feel offensive
    and no i would not mind if i was a target if wondering....i just see someone insecure when such are spout out by someone and i pity them

the problem with the censor is that it combine multi words and think its 1 word somehow

amusingly the censor dont even take into consideration numbers which can be use as letter

0 = o
    1 = L or i
    2 = z
    3 = e
    4 = a
    5 = s
    6 = b
    7 = t
    8 = nothing
    9 = nothing

50 51mp13 y37, why 15n'7 17 d0n3 ?

anyway i wish it would not exist...its just outright annoying to get your words censor when not even trying to swear intentionnaly