[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

(Another) Maple relationship map

PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
Reactions: 2,730
edited November 2016 in Fan Creations
Evidence that I probably have too much time on my hands.

WARNING: Huge file

Making this was hella fun. This was also made in draw.io, introduced by Neospector in another thread. I tried to include as many things as possible while making the lines cross as little as possible to make it as easy to follow as I could make it, though sometimes it's unavoidable. If anyone has anything to add, go right ahead and tell me.
JettLuvsUNeospectorBasuraPonPonmarcienPrinceClaudy

Comments

• KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    wait, didn't Afrien sacrifice herself to save Freud from Blackmage not Damien?
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

wait, didn't Afrien sacrifice herself to save Freud from Blackmage not Damien?
    I think you might have misunderstood something about the map. The blurb written on there refers to the Heroes of Maple blockbuster where Afrien basically self-destructed to prevent himself from falling into Damien's hands. Besides, Afrien never sacrificed himself to try to kill the Black Mage. He only took the curse meant for Freud and Freud wouldn't have still been alive by the time Heroes of Maple took place.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    The "You" in your chart is only for explorers. Other "you"'s don't know Sugar, Tess, Olive, or Rondo. But are still identical to Kao...
    Lilyflower
    edited November 2016
    ok, I never played Demon Slayer so I didn't know she died later on.
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The "You" in your chart is only for explorers. Other "you"'s don't know Sugar, Tess, Olive, or Rondo. But are still identical to Kao...
    the other "You's"? is't Kao the only one? speaking of, now I want Kao voice acting
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

True. I just put "You" for the sake of STORY. Cleared it up a bit on the chart. And yes, it's one of those Maple plotholes. Let's pretend that it only refers to Explorers = 3=
    KingStarfire

The part where Afrien dies isn't in Demon Slayer's storyline. It's in the Blockbuster, which you can access through the Dimensional Mirror, clicking Ereve Conference Room, and then clicking the arcway towards the left of the map.
    KingStarfire

AKradian
    AKradian said:

the other "You's"? is't Kao the only one? speaking of, now I want Kao voice acting
    The "You" AKradian is referring to are all the different characters a player could play as.
    edited November 2016
    PhoenixKumo

AKradian
    AKradian said:

True. I just put "You" for the sake of STORY. Cleared it up a bit on the chart. And yes, it's one of those Maple plotholes. Let's pretend that it only refers to Explorers = 3=
    KingStarfire

The part where Afrien dies isn't in Demon Slayer's storyline. It's in the Blockbuster, which you can access through the Dimensional Mirror, clicking Ereve Conference Room, and then clicking the arcway towards the left of the map.
    KingStarfire

AKradian
    AKradian said:

The "You" AKradian is referring to are all the different characters a player could play as.
    ok, but only the explorers are the same as Kao, everything else shouldn't be able to do that part of the ToT quests also, I found more info on him, for one Kao is not from the maple world.

• PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

PhoenixKumo

AKradian
    AKradian said:

KingStarfire

KingStarfire

AKradian
    AKradian said:

ok, but only the explorers are the same as Kao, everything else shouldn't be able to do that part of the ToT quests also, I found more info on him, for one Kao is not from the maple world.

That's only theory, not really confirmed anywhere in the game.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    PhoenixKumo

It was confirmed in the Vanishing Road questline that Kao is You (your character) from the future, where they lost the battle against the Black Mage.

Explorers are technically not from Maple World, they awake in a dark space with nothing but a door to Maple World, and this is referenced again when you enter the Door to the Present in the Explorer storyline.

So, canonically, Kao isn't actually from Maple World by the virtue that you're not from Maple World.
    JettLuvsU
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    edited November 2016
    Neospector

PhoenixKumo

It was confirmed in the Vanishing Road questline that Kao is You (your character) from the future, where they lost the battle against the Black Mage.

Explorers are technically not from Maple World, they awake in a dark space with nothing but a door to Maple World, and this is referenced again when you enter the Door to the Present in the Explorer storyline.

So, canonically, Kao isn't actually from Maple World by the virtue that you're not from Maple World.
    Is that so? I didn't read up anything on the Vanishing Road to avoid spoilers. Well, until it's official release in GMS, I'll just leave it alone until I can confirm it on my own. Either way, the theory in that link is still wrong since it speculated that Kao came from the past, not the future.
    edited November 2016
    There is still a Kao in the past as Tess recognizes him from the future. I'm guessing Tess knew Kao in the past before he got lost. Then many years later the play gains control of Kao on Maple Island where he became a warrior(or whatever class you chose). Then in the future he might have fought Blackmage so he went back in time to train his past self(again the player.)
  • MrGoombaMrGoomba
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited November 2016
    What about the Tess in Ellin forest?
    edited November 2016
    MrGoomba
    MrGoomba said:

What about the Tess in Ellin forest?
    same Tess
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited November 2016
    I also would like to point out all though it a theory of mine I think that J is actual wooney from the black wings basically a spy for resistance can't confirm it but they look the same
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2016
    im not understanding why you're throwing the explorer off to the side, "you" should literally be in the center of everything.

Also you forgot the silent crusade, connected to the cygnus knights + connected too arkarium.

you need to also branch out from the explorer for masteria through time, as just from the dialogue its impied that the explorer is the one who went through that mess.

evan and afrien need a friends arrow

you're missing kinesis's girlfriend as well as nero
    edited November 2016
    Oh , this reminds me the heroes and explorers are the games name sake.
    Mercedes
    Aran
    Phantom
    Luminous
    Evan
    Sugar
    Tess
    Olive
    Rondo and
    You
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    edited November 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

im not understanding why you're throwing the explorer off to the side, "you" should literally be in the center of everything.

Also you forgot the silent crusade, connected to the cygnus knights + connected too arkarium.

you need to also branch out from the explorer for masteria through time, as just from the dialogue its impied that the explorer is the one who went through that mess.

evan and afrien need a friends arrow

you're missing kinesis's girlfriend as well as nero
    Okay, there's only so much I can include on this map without having arrows fly everywhere, criss-crossing and making everything confusing. I made this map based on the "main" storyline, meaning the basics of character relations. Squeezing in Kinesis is one thing since he's the main character responsible for the sinkhole connecting to Maple World, but there is literally no space to include Yuna, Nero, Jay or anyone else connected to Kinesis and all considered, they're all relatively minor characters in the grand scheme of things anyway. Taking down any other characters already on the map for them wouldn't make sense. Even Kinesis is a minor character since (so far) he hasn't appeared in any other storyline outside of his own and his role doesn't so much as get a comment anywhere else in Maplestory. I tried to make this map as easy and simple to understand as possible. If there are characters I could include, I did, but if it's not possible, then I didn't.

I don't consider Masteria Through Time canon to be honest. Not only is Masteria exclusive to GMS, but it couldn't even match itself to the story quests already set in Masteria itself, retconning a lot of things and bringing up more questions than it answers. It's just a mess.

And why should "you" be the center of everything? I know "you" is supposed to be the hero who does all this great heroic stuff in Maple, but frankly, there's no definite role that "you" play and the result is that "you" doesn't have a lot of definite connections. "You"'s role could just as easily be filled by a Resistance member, a Cygnus Knight, a Hero, Zero, Demon Slayer, etc. The Black/White Mage started everything and so he's the center of everything.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2016
    PhoenixKumo

I don't consider Masteria Through Time canon to be honest. Not only is Masteria exclusive to GMS, but it couldn't even match itself to the story quests already set in Masteria itself, retconning a lot of things and bringing up more questions than it answers. It's just a mess.

And why should "you" be the center of everything? I know "you" is supposed to be the hero who does all this great heroic stuff in Maple, but frankly, there's no definite role that "you" play and the result is that "you" doesn't have a lot of definite connections. "You"'s role could just as easily be filled by a Resistance member, a Cygnus Knight, a Hero, Zero, Demon Slayer, etc. The Black/White Mage started everything and so he's the center of everything.
    it's canon for our version of maplestory as it directly references the existence of the black mage.

by the way the dialogue is worded it can't be anybody that's an official character. the cygnus knights are off doing missions given to them by neinhart and the same goes for the resistance from their leaders. That leaves you, the explorer.

Unless it directly says to you "oh your from the reistance, or "oh a cygnus knight!" or call your character by a specific name like demon, phantom, etc. you can assume that they're referring to the explorer not the other classes
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    edited November 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

PhoenixKumo

it's canon for our version of maplestory as it directly references the existence of the black mage.

by the way the dialogue is worded it can't be anybody that's an official character. the cygnus knights are off doing missions given to them by neinhart and the same goes for the resistance from their leaders. That leaves you, the explorer.

Unless it directly says to you "oh your from the reistance, or "oh a cygnus knight!" or call your character by a specific name like demon, phantom, etc. you can assume that they're referring to the explorer not the other classes
    I'm sorry, but just because it referenced the existence of the Black Mage it doesn't mean it's part of the main storyline itself. You could say that about Jett too. If you think about it, if GMS one day decided to delete Masteria, literally nothing about the Maple storyline would change. It's just extra and there is no "GMS canon" of Maplestory alternate to the storyline of KMS.

Why not the other classes? Some dialogue even change if you do things on certain characters such as if you use Phantom to play through Orchid's memories in Black Heaven even though Black Heaven was supposed to have the Explorer as the hero of the story. It's not definitive.
    edited November 2016
    Also, wouldn't Athena be Olive's mentor?