[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Substantially increase the drop rate on rice cakes

DaYuffieDaYuffie
Reactions: 905
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As it is now it takes WAAAAAAAAAY too long to max out everyday, and even if we max out every day that isn't enough to guarantee you even get the SS Ring.
Kuroll

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Bud, the event just started. Give it a while. You get coins from the envelope things that appear over your head every now and then too.
  • DaYuffieDaYuffie
    Reactions: 905
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Bud, the event just started. Give it a while. You get coins from the envelope things that appear over your head every now and then too.
    How does the event just starting have any impact on how low the drop rate is, and how many you need to max out? Better to bring it up now than later.
    Kuroll
  • ShanochiShanochi
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited November 2016
    DaYuffie
    DaYuffie said:

Aggraphine

How does the event just starting have any impact on how low the drop rate is, and how many you need to max out? Better to bring it up now than later.
    I agree, the drop rate is too dang low... it took me like 2-3 hours to max it out (included DIPQ + Evo Lab + Kiritas/World Tree Dailies). Not to mention that the upgrade chances from getting A > S is 30% chance.
    Kuroll
  • ToymakerToymaker
    Reactions: 1,530
    edited November 2016
    I hate to say it but the drop rate is unfairly low. Took me an hour to complete the 100 honey rice cake twice. :( Way too much time needed to complete the rice cakes for that 30+ or so coins.

We're already spread thin with all of these ongoing events such as RPS, Gauntlet, Crown Stacking, Lords of Darkness, etc.
    The onslaught of events are making me feel burnt out and think that this is more of a chore at this point.

Edit: Also the unfair timers for the moon bunny pop-up events should be fixed. Sometimes the starting timer is way too short and a lot of people seem to miss it.
    Kuroll
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    Yeah the drop rate is tough. I've finished the dailies in haven and dark world tree, 4 commerci lith runs, 5 dipq runs with winter drop buff and spider familiar and I'm still not done. :(
    Kuroll
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited November 2016
    +1

please increase the drop rate..
    everything in coin shop is expensive af and other ways to get coin not working correctly (or not enough players or just not working).

I'm pretty certain that nexon wont look at this discussion and wont make any change... rip this event =(
    Kuroll
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    yes the item drop rate is very different. I remember the making ramen and that drop rate was a lot better and it was pretty much the same thing as current even moon bunny (but different rewards) -- but then we also had that making food which had very good drop rate and u can buy skills for the pet and it was perm. Soo, RAISE DROP RATE!!!!!
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    Okay, to finish making rice cakes today it took me:

4 solo voyages to lith harbor
    5 dipq runs (3 of which were magnus bonus stages)
    all 3 daily quests in dark world tree
    5 daily quests in haven

and two more hours in haven. winter buff and spider familiar were on at all times. Took 5+ hours, I know I'm a bucc and I kill slow but christ that was tough.
  • ToymakerToymaker
    edited November 2016
    I believe it appears to be impossible to even reach the 1500 cakes as we can only do 72 cakes a day x 20 days (19 for most as they missed that one day due to UTC).
    1440 cakes can be made.. This is a very poorly planned event.

1. Buff drop rate to be equivalent as shimmering stars (Crown stack).
    2. Lower the needed 1500 cakes for the 40 coins or extend the event by another week or two.
    Kuroll
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Toymaker
    Toymaker said:

I believe it appears to be impossible to even reach the 1500 cakes as we can only do 72 cakes a day x 20 days (19 for most as they missed that one day due to UTC).

2. Lower the needed 1500 cakes for the 40 coins or extend the event by another week or two.
    You can get more coins from doing the Bunny mini-games (the Space Pirates and the Mice things).
  • ToymakerToymaker
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

You can get more coins from doing the Bunny mini-games (the Space Pirates and the Mice things).
    I do try to participate in them whenever I can, but with the Space Pirates, we can only earn a maximum of 30. The Mice hunting one is a maximum of 40(?) but more often than not, we earn somewhere around 10-20 coins. There's also the problem of shortened timers where we may miss participating in it.

It's still pretty low income for a 20(19 for most) day event and it's very time consuming as it'd take (ideally) 5 hours of waiting around to earn 40-70 coins per day. I would very much prefer to earn coins in two to three characters but I don't really have the time to camp out all day for it.

And factoring in the infamous RNG for the Jewel event.. it's uncertain if we can even get SS ring.

• JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Toymaker
    Toymaker said:

Or change the crafting success rate of A > S 100%. Otherwise we wouldn't be complaining about the drop rate + BS RNG of this event.

In fact, Nexon think that everyone has 150% Drop rate gears in total to do this type of event.
    FieldSky
  • deadend5193deadend5193
    Reactions: 570
    edited November 2016
    +1. it takes so long to get rice cakes, it would be nice if they weren't such a rare drop..
    Kuroll
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    yes definiely increase drop rate. now that the times are different, we lose on event time : [
    Kuroll
  • SaelynnieSaelynnie
    Reactions: 915
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Yeah the drop rate is horrendous outside of dailies. This event is more of a chore and I don't have a lot of time anymore to dedicate the entire day to farm. I know the ring is very good and should be a great reward for all the effort, but it would be more balanced to fix the drop rate and make it just a little bit easier to get coins, against the abysmal RNG. Or at least extend the event a few days or so because you chose a horrible time to change the time zone, and the fact that so many can't get into the event hall still.

EDIT: I sort of take back what I say. With the discovery of the Food Fight drop coupons (2x and 3x), the amount of time farming drops dramatically. I can finally max out on rice cakes through Evo Lab (with Kanna) and DIPQ only. It only takes a little over an hour.
  • ToymakerToymaker
    edited November 2016
    Saelynnie
    Saelynnie said:

Yeah the drop rate is horrendous outside of dailies. This event is more of a chore and I don't have a lot of time anymore to dedicate the entire day to farm. I know the ring is very good and should be a great reward for all the effort, but it would be more balanced to fix the drop rate and make it just a little bit easier to get coins, against the abysmal RNG. Or at least extend the event a few days or so because you chose a horrible time to change the time zone, and the fact that so many can't get into the event hall still.

EDIT: I sort of take back what I say. With the discovery of the Food Fight drop coupons (2x and 3x), the amount of time farming drops dramatically. I can finally max out on rice cakes through Evo Lab (with Kanna) and DIPQ only. It only takes a little over an hour.
    Are the Food Fight drop coupons consistent or part of the random RNG Food Fight buffs?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Toymaker
    Toymaker said:

Saelynnie
    Saelynnie said:

Are the Food Fight drop coupons consistent or part of the random RNG Food Fight buffs?
    RNG.
  • LiteBladexLiteBladex
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    Yea, those rick cakes are low drop rate. I think DIPQ is fastest way to get rice cakes, but only 5 times a day. Thanks god my NL can finish all 72 coins rice cakes colelction within the 5 dipq in 26mins. Other place with worse spawn even harder to get the rice cakes.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    I don't even know how many hours I had to put in for this event and it's only been 2 days since I've started. The drop rates need to be increased.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    I mean seriously, it's really low. I can't see anyone getting all 60 rice cakes made without spending more than 4 hours straight farming.
    Kuroll