[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Disable the Steam IP block for Europeans already?!

GreenSoap1GreenSoap1
Reactions: 1,070
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
• Enable European access to the MapleStory storefront on Steam
I want ALL my PC games on Steam, and heck, most of them are.... except MapleStory. Not for me at least, and I've always played MapleGlobal. It doesn't make any sense to keep it restricted for us, considering the unification of the Western markets. I figured it'd get lifted with the MapleEurope merge, but maybe it was overlooked?

I have been able to access it in the past just by launching the nxsteam exec directly from the folder, but the option to do so was removed quite a while ago.

• Nexon Launcher overall feedback, and further reasoning why you should lift the IP block
People like me also don't like having a trillion different proprietary DRM platforms just to play each publisher's games. I legitimately know people who simply refuse to play games that aren't on Steam, so having to use the Nexon Launcher discourages some people to play your games. Furthermore, Riders of Icarus has been available for Europeans on Steam from the getgo, like come on q_q

I'm using the GameLauncher as of now, and sure it does its job, but I'd much rather have access to the awesomeness the Steam version provides, like I should have.
Koffie

Comments

• ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I think Nexon would have to contact Steam to do that. I don't think Nexon has much to do with the way Steam IP blocks work. It's definitely possible for it to be removed, but I'm not sure the exact process they'd have to go through.
  • GreenSoap1GreenSoap1
    edited November 2016
    As of now the IP block on the store page has been lifted, but the game its still inaccessible

This message pops up whether you've had the game on Steam before or not
    Koffie
  • KoffieKoffie
    Reactions: 930
    edited November 2016
    Good to see some progress, I hope the download and play block issue will be resolved soon as well. And I hope the other games will be unblocked on Steam as well, (Mabinogi for example was accessible after European version closed, then they mysteriously blocked it, and now it's still blocked.) image I mailed GabeN about this issue as well, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.image
    GreenSoap1
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited November 2016
    The restriction will be removed. Work in progress. We just have to wait :)
    KoffieLilyflower
  • GreenSoap1GreenSoap1
    edited November 2016
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

The restriction will be removed. Work in progress. We just have to wait :)
    The restriction was never lifted for Mabinogi when their Europeani servers shut down - almost 5 years ago at this point - which is why I was asking.^^