[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Key to the Future

Comments

• TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Attention Maplers,

Something seems to be missing. The missing letter holds the key to the future.
    HCLMZ
    AQDGJ
    NPWIF
    OYBES
    UTKXR
    You're a complete JOKE. I want you and all the other incompetent college kids who have done this game complete injustice decimated from the company. I'm about to call Rich Williams and tell him how much you and all the other imbeciles are murdering this game. And if I can't contact him I will make sure to contact someone that is just as high up there as he is. My tickets have been ignored, the bugs aren't being fixed, players aren't being helped, your priories are in the WRONG place, you guys are incredibly UNPROFESSIONAL, and the ego of some of your staff needs to get in check because I'm really getting tired of this.
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Nice to see you dedicate your day to what's really important: creating hype for the next patch, which we've known about for nearly six months.

Way more fun and exciting than trying to wade through the forums and the subreddit to find all the things wrong with the current patch, make sure the team is working on fixing them, and letting us know that Nexon is aware of those issues and they'll be fixed shortly.

Here, let me help you:

1. Many people still unable to log in, either because the client crashes before they can, or because of "having trouble logging in."

2. Luna's "Empress Road: Knights Chamber" map is bugged, so that the client crashes when it tries to load it. This means any character entering this map (for example, after being teleported to Neinheart for a quest) becomes unusable. Any attempt to log it in results in a crash. Customer Support is apparently unable to warp characters out of there, either.

3. "Crimson Sky Dock" map, in all worlds, is bugged and causes disconnects. If one somehow gets through it, one disconnects inside the Dragon Rider PQ.

4. Jewelcrafting event NPC is hiding in Event Hall, which is too laggy for many of us to enter or be able to do anything in.

5. Haunted Mansion event is still bugged for many.

6. Timezone issue. You ran a poll, that's nice. Its results are very clear. Will they be implemented?

7. Star Force enhancing is costing twice what it should. If not enough meso is available, it always fails, but doesn't reduce stars. People are also reporting increased failure rates of scrolls and increased costs of cubing (revealing) and lower rank-up rates. This issue is not entirely clear and needs researching.

8. Skills that reflect damage (like Rage, Foxfire, and Vengeance), together with "% chance to ignore damage" potential lines, trigger "disconnect for the HACK reason".

I think that will do for now.
    I agree with EVERYTHING AKradian has said, but what he/she said is just a summary of some of the issues that are going on. The game is in such a horrific state I'm starting to not even want to log on because for one the time zones are messed up so I miss most of my boss runs anyways, but it's just so buggy it's not fun anymore. The longest I stay logged in as of now is about 15 to 20 minuets, if it's longer that's because I'm afking. Honestly like I said above I'm going to contact Rich Williams because I have his contact information and I just don't want to deal with these people anymore.

LilyflowerZeldaOfHyrule
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Tuba, why do you keep name-dropping Rich Williams? Is the guitarist for the band Kansas and/or the CEO of Groupon going to be of any use in this situation?

• RayKudaRayKuda
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited November 2016
    I feel like this is relevant to the CM's situation right now.
    ThatGuyZennyZeldaOfHyrule
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    RayKuda
    RayKuda said:

I feel like this is relevant to the CM's situation right now.
    Again, I'm not asking him to fix the game.
    I'm asking him to do his job of communicating our concerns to Nexon, and informing us of Nexon's responses to those concerns.

VinsanechaoscauserLilyflowerZeldaOfHyrulegorateron
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    Couldn't agree more with Akradian.

Whats the point of adding new content if the old issues still transfers plus they bring in more newer bugs/problems.

I said this a long time ago on the old forums..
    I would be okay and happy if they took down maplestory for a month to to devote into resolving, upgrading there servers/technology AND fixing/revamping their coding to provide a smoother gameplay along with having issues piling up every month.

Too me has a consumer/player i see that as a better outlook and be okay with it.
    It's better then having days/hours being restricted to play the game due to the accumulations of server issues, bugs that prevent content or boss killing or events that's a pain in the butt.

Hungry4Pizza
  • KamiNoBeniMizuKamiNoBeniMizu
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited November 2016
    42 was said... So... a Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy themed patch!? OH MY GOD! So long and thanks for all the fish!
    KingStarfire
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Nice to see you dedicate your day to what's really important: creating hype for the next patch, which we've known about for nearly six months.

Way more fun and exciting than trying to wade through the forums and the subreddit to find all the things wrong with the current patch, make sure the team is working on fixing them, and letting us know that Nexon is aware of those issues and they'll be fixed shortly.

Here, let me help you:

1. Many people still unable to log in, either because the client crashes before they can, or because of "having trouble logging in."

2. Luna's "Empress Road: Knights Chamber" map is bugged, so that the client crashes when it tries to load it. This means any character entering this map (for example, after being teleported to Neinheart for a quest) becomes unusable. Any attempt to log it in results in a crash. Customer Support is apparently unable to warp characters out of there, either.

3. "Crimson Sky Dock" map, in all worlds, is bugged and causes disconnects. If one somehow gets through it, one disconnects inside the Dragon Rider PQ.

4. Jewelcrafting event NPC is hiding in Event Hall, which is too laggy for many of us to enter or be able to do anything in.

5. Haunted Mansion event is still bugged for many.

6. Timezone issue. You ran a poll, that's nice. Its results are very clear. Will they be implemented?

7. Star Force enhancing is costing twice what it should. If not enough meso is available, it always fails, but doesn't reduce stars. People are also reporting increased failure rates of scrolls and increased costs of cubing (revealing) and lower rank-up rates. This issue is not entirely clear and needs researching.

8. Skills that reflect damage (like Rage, Foxfire, and Vengeance), together with "% chance to ignore damage" potential lines, trigger "disconnect for the HACK reason".

I think that will do for now.
    the most important thing is starforce enchance why double the meso for starforce enchance :/ and whos idea is to double the meso! this idea needs changing u know reduce the meso alot lower so that everyone is happy.

• genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

genji123
    genji123 said:

fking real talk.

A shame that the CM doesn't have any authority or skills to fix bugs.
    Of course he doesn't.
    But he has the authority and skills to fine out what is bothering the community, and pass that on to the team to fix. It's also part of his job description to reassure us that our concerns are being addressed. Note that I specifically wrote "wade through the forums and the subreddit to find all the things wrong with the current patch, make sure the team is working on fixing them, and letting us know that Nexon is aware of those issues and they'll be fixed shortly". I didn't tell him to fix the bugs himself.
    Maybe i should've added sarcasm emotes at the end of my post :/

CMs are useless. They are literally just a glorified volunteer for customer relations with no high level qualifications and as far as i'm aware Kthxbainao is only a year older than me. I am currently doing my MA. Kthxbainao and his predecessor Artasi are mediocre CMs, even if most of the problems is because of the management, which i'm sure it is. Hime and Girasol were far more effective CMs.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    genji123
    genji123 said:

CMs are useless. They are literally just a glorified volunteer for customer relations with no high level qualifications and as far as i'm aware Kthxbainao is only a year older than me. I am currently doing my MA. Kthxbainao and his predecessor Artasi are mediocre CMs, even if most of the problems is because of the management, which i'm sure it is. Hime and Girasol were far more effective CMs.
    You contradict yourself. If "CMs are useless" then how do you differentiate between "mediocre" and "effective" CMs?

Anyway, "useless" or not, they are our sole point of contact with Nexon. So if we want to get something through to "the team", we have to get the CM to forward it. And if we want to know what's going on with our game, we have to beg the CM to tell us.
    If I had a debug-enabled client and a direct line to the programmers, believe me, I would not be wasting my time on here. I'd be figuring out the bugs and telling them how to fix them.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2016
    lowercase alphabet
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Here's another thing: they are teasing the V patch, and somehow i can't complete the Amnesiac Temple Keeper quest(which is necessary to do to get the 5job), so how are people gonna go to 5job and the Arcane River anyway?

Weird enough i already complete in another char(a while ago), so now i can't?(the bug is: you need get a item in the Box that appear in TOT, but the box teleport to a empty place, instead with that shop).

i guess i got that wrong
    @AKradian
    I agree with you, there are important things to fix in the game, and there can be more glichs if V patch comes before it get fixed...
    Also i do feel the same about cubes, they are dropping less, is nexon slowly going towards flames and 25stars?(lowering until it vanishs...)
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    While company practices are certainly a hot button issue, I still can appreciate an honest-to-goodness content patch. These kinds of patches are what help me justify purchases in-game. (I will admit it's mostly treadmill content, but it's better than cosmetic/item-of-chance content) However, I believe that there is so much misguided ire here in this thread.

What if the CMs can't communicate because the devs have nothing to communicate? It's rather easy to condemn the CMs since they are literally the first thing we see. I compare the idea to working in fast-food; sometimes the food doesn't come up as quickly as you'd like because of other laggardly employees. You as the order-filler would often be the first line in regards to customer discontent.

However, this doesn't mean I am totally defending the CMs either- I believe in and uphold the concept of a 24-hour maximum response time for emails and texts. For the CMs to fail to respond on a timely basis is not only a unprofessional, but leaves the community to stew and stew, much like a fresh corpse on a hot and humid day. It makes the community unpleasant, stagnant, ultimately subject to decay and eventually disintegration.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

Here's another thing: they are teasing the V patch, and somehow i can't complete the Amnesiac Temple Keeper quest(which is necessary to do to get the 5job), so how are people gonna go to 5job and the Arcane River anyway?

Weird enough i already complete in another char(a while ago), so now i can't?(the bug is: you need get a item in the Box that appear in TOT, but the box teleport to a empty place, instead with that shop).
    "Quill you find my pen" is not part of the Amnesiac Temple Keeper quest line.
    You need to finish this quest: http://maplestory.wikia.com/wiki/Quests/46/What's_in_a_Name
    (Work backwards by the prerequisite quests)
    IvangoldLilyflower
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Attention Maplers,

Something seems to be missing. The missing letter holds the key to the future.
    ABCDE
    FGHIJ
    KLMNO
    PQRST
    UWXYZ
    Now that's better.
    YonaxgamechangerMegaScience
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Tuba, why do you keep name-dropping Rich Williams? Is the guitarist for the band Kansas and/or the CEO of Groupon going to be of any use in this situation?

He is president at Nexon America that's why I keep "name-dropping" him. https://www.linkedin.com/in/rich-williams-86a53948
    Why would I use someone's name who is apart of a band? Work on your searching skills because just a slice of advice from me to you, it would probably help to type the company they work for next to their name. It's not like there's a bunch of Rich Williams in the world that believe it or not don't all work at Nexon lmao..
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    Oh cmon that was way too obvivous. (-V-)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

Aggraphine

He is president at Nexon America that's why I keep "name-dropping" him. https://www.linkedin.com/in/rich-williams-86a53948
    Why would I use someone's name who is apart of a band? Work on your searching skills because just a slice of advice from me to you, it would probably help to type the company they work for next to their name. It's not like there's a bunch of Rich Williams in the world that believe it or not don't all work at Nexon lmao..
    Okay. So why do you keep name-dropping him like you and him are buddy-buddy, that you could go "hey bro, can this guy he's a jerk"?
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Some things we suggested KThxBaiNao is not even allowed to discuss (don't ask me why, I'm not Nexon), and we don't know if he even got responses from Nexon for the things he said he forwarded to them. He posts things like this, because that's pretty much all he can do at the moment. It's not like he codes the game or has direct communication with the coders' boss.

Based on what I think happens, he passes the suggestions to someone at Nexon, which decides whether or not to tell anyone else. If they tell them, the next person has to make their own decision to pass it even farther along. Then if everyone in one version of Nexon agrees, they still have to ask KMS for permission to make the change (unless it's simply a bug fix).

It's not a very organized business method, but it probably takes a while before a suggestion actually reaches someone that can implement it. or can tell those who can to do so. I'm just saying you're pinning things on someone that can't even do anything about it. Whether he did, or didn't do the things he said he would is up to your own opinion though.
    gamechanger
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

Some things we suggested KThxBaiNao is not even allowed to discuss (don't ask me why, I'm not Nexon), and we don't know if he even got responses from Nexon for the things he said he forwarded to them. He posts things like this, because that's pretty much all he can do at the moment. It's not like he codes the game or has direct communication with the coders' boss.

Based on what I think happens, he passes the suggestions to someone at Nexon, which decides whether or not to tell anyone else. If they tell them, the next person has to make their own decision to pass it even farther along. Then if everyone in one version of Nexon agrees, they still have to ask KMS for permission to make the change (unless it's simply a bug fix).

It's not a very organized business method, but it probably takes a while before a suggestion actually reaches someone that can implement it. or can tell those who can to do so. I'm just saying you're pinning things on someone that can't even do anything about it. Whether he did, or didn't do the things he said he would is up to your own opinion though.
    I'm not talking about suggestions.
    I'm talking about bugs.
    Serious bugs.
    Bugs that were introduced in the last patch. (I'm not even talking about longstanding issues that this patch was supposed to solve and didn't, like the loot lag and kill-quest lag).
    All I want at this point is an "I passed this on" or "we're looking into this". That's all. Just the most basic acknowledgement. Which none of these bugs got.
    That sort of thing is not a state secret.
    Lilyflower
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I'm not talking about suggestions.
    I'm talking about bugs.
    Serious bugs.
    Bugs that were introduced in the last patch. (I'm not even talking about longstanding issues that this patch was supposed to solve and didn't, like the loot lag and kill-quest lag).
    All I want at this point is an "I passed this on" or "we're looking into this". That's all. Just the most basic acknowledgement. Which none of these bugs got.
    That sort of thing is not a state secret.
    The Luna Ereve thing is frustrating, we literally had it in EMS V118 and it was fixed there, now it's back. No one from Nexon seems to know what is going on and there hasn't really been a confirmation about it other than the typical Customer Support "we know" response. I'm just hoping someone's actually realised we had this before and it gets fixed asap.