[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Reboot] LGR idea

StargethStargeth
Reactions: 2,680
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The Lightning God Ring (LGR) is a cool looking ring with an even cooler summon, but there is currently no way of obtaining it in Reboot since it is generally obtained through Marvel Machine or other NX lottery systems. I was thinking a bit, and I think a fair way of introducing it into Reboot is to allow Rebooters to trade in a White Angelic Blessing ring + 10b mesos to any regular mechant (like Henesys pot shop, etc.) to obtain one. This way, the ring would still be very challenging to obtain but it would at least be possible for those dedicated enough. The LGR is not even best in slot for Reboot so it would not be overpowered by any means, but it is still a nice ring that deserves to be implemented into Reboot as well.

Note: This method would only be available in Reboot.
  1. Would you like to see LGR in Reboot?12 votes
    1. Yes, with the method described in the original post
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Yes, with another method
       33% (4 votes)
    3. No, I would not like to see the LGR available in Reboot
       50% (6 votes)
    4. I do not have a strong opinion for either
       17% (2 votes)

Comments

• thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited November 2016
    Well, LGR is actually very good, because the summon buff gives 15 or 16 attacks o-0 From what I heard lol.
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited November 2016
    It does, but it also only has 8 stars from what I remember when other rings can go up to 15 stars. With the upcoming Vengeance Ring and current Master SS ring which both give 20 attack each, LGR still would not be the best in slot. Regardless, 10b and a WAB (which you have to obtain yourself) still is a large commitment for 16 ATT or so. I personally just want one for the looks.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Stargeth
    Stargeth said:

It does, but it also only has 8 stars from what I remember when other rings can go up to 15 stars. With the upcoming Vengeance Ring and current Master SS ring which both give 20 attack each, LGR still would not be the best in slot. Regardless, 10b and a WAB (which you have to obtain yourself) still is a large commitment for 16 ATT or so. I personally just want one for the looks.
    You can actually still take the LGR up to 15 stars if you want, but for any star after 8 you need to use AEE again, which have the chance to boom (unless you shell out a ridiculous amount of money on nobooms for something as mediocre as LGR).

OT No, I don't think Reboot should get LGR. There isn't a need for it, its not BiS, and even on the regular servers its mainly used to show how much mesos you have
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    Best ring and hard to get? Get the SS ring you lazy cow, Instead of begging for LGR in reboot. Or hey maybe Nexon could give free 1 year LGRs to people who haven't played in a long time. I remember when they gave out these 1 year LGRs and Wolf Underling for free a year ago and everyone was crying and protesting in the old forums.

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    genji123
    genji123 said:

Best ring and hard to get? Get the SS ring you lazy cow, Instead of begging for LGR in reboot. Or hey maybe Nexon could give free 1 year LGRs to people who haven't played in a long time. I remember when they gave out these 1 year LGRs and Wolf Underling for free a year ago and everyone was crying and protesting in the old forums.

The free perm hyper rocks were more controversial than the LGR and wolf underling familiars in that package. And people were, rightfully so, extremely pissed because it wasn't well executed. A lot of players that hadn't played in a long time and were coming back didn't receive the box, while a lot of players who had been playing regularly and didn't need this package got it anyway. It was just a botched event which gave out one of the most coveted items in the game for free to people, some of whom hadn't been away from maple more than a few weeks, if that.