[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Infinity Skill Doesnt "Tick" Correctly

PieReiPieRei
Reactions: 710
edited November 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: functionality (Skill)

Brief bug summary: For some reason, Infinity's number of ticks changes fromt time to time. I've checked that, and the infinity's duration is THE SAME DURATION but the dmg cap isn't the same cap from time to time. Sometimes I can get up to 118m and sometimes it ticks "slower" so I can get only up to 106m (NO epic adventurer skill is envolved).
Im not sure if its only +dmg cap that doesnt raise sometimes, or its the +% M.att too.
Moreover, it has to tick every 4 secs, but sometimes it doesnt tick after 4 secs. (With my +% buff duration, Infinity's duration is 85 secs):
85 secs means 21 ticks -> every tick gives +8% dmg cap -> basic dmg cap is 55m (Absoulte Zero Aura gives +5m perm cap).
21*0.08*55 = +92.4m dmg -> total of 147.4m(55m+92.4m) DMG, Which DOESNT HAPPEN.

Please fix it.

More details: My +% buff duration:
inner ability +44% buff duration
Mechanic Card set (S): +15% Buff Duration
Buff mastery skill: +50% buff duration
Empathy Trait Level 20: +2% buff duration

Total +%Buff duration: +111%

Character name: Source

Character level: 213

Character job: Archmage (Ice Lightning)

World name: Windia

Date and time of the incident: ALWAYS since v.177

Comments

• RayKudaRayKuda
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited November 2016
    Yeah its been known for a long time that infinity does not tick every 4 seconds. Some people think that infinity will only tick 10 times, but that doesn't seem to be true now that we can visually see the ticks with capped damage. I think the tick is between 5.3 and 5.4 seconds. I made a google sheets to show what each capped line you would get with infinity and added a bonus function of telling you how much ticks you would achieve with your buff duration.

http://tinyurl.com/Infinity-Caps-Calculator <-- link to google sheet. You can enter in your own info next to the green boxes.
    The damage per tick is accurate and the # of ticks is very close, as I have checked with lots of mage videos.

But yeah, it should be fixed to 4 seconds or labeled correctly.
  • PieReiPieRei
    Reactions: 710
    edited November 2016
    RayKuda
    RayKuda said:

Yeah its been known for a long time that infinity does not tick every 4 seconds. Some people think that infinity will only tick 10 times, but that doesn't seem to be true now that we can visually see the ticks with capped damage. I think the tick is between 5.3 and 5.4 seconds. I made a google sheets to show what each capped line you would get with infinity and added a bonus function of telling you how much ticks you would achieve with your buff duration.

http://tinyurl.com/Infinity-Caps-Calculator <-- link to google sheet. You can enter in your own info next to the green boxes.
    The damage per tick is accurate and the # of ticks is very close, as I have checked with lots of mage videos.

But yeah, it should be fixed to 4 seconds or labeled correctly.</p>
    the problem is that sometimes it tick to 130m and sometimes to 117m.
  • RayKudaRayKuda
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited November 2016

You should try to take a video of it happening. Perhaps on a 25% straw dummy from dojo.