[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

' Back to the roots '

GertkingGertking
Reactions: 100
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Greetings my fellow maplestory players! :D

Well im back into Maplestory after several years, i just noticed that EU now is Global and things... :/ :D
Beside saying that, i had some questions, since there is so much content updated i was wondering what class would match me? :D
Like i loved playing Adventure ( to level 200 i think ) :p but now i see there are classes with lower max level :/ what could u guys recomend me? :p i like all classes ( ive sen them till KOC ) :D & is the game still active a bit? or is it now more stand alone play? :P

Comments

• ValryiaValryia
    Reactions: 990
    edited November 2016
    What do you mean with "lower max level" ? The max level is 250 for *all* classes.
    Reboot is currently the most active, because it's much less pay to win.
    My recommendation for class choice is just to try them all out. If you want a first class, i recommend any of the cygnus classes (minus night walker, not a good mobber). They have a skill that give ALL of your other chars + (magic) attack and are pretty easy to use.
  • GertkingGertking
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the reply :)

ow i gonna check to reboot class, and what did u mean by less less-PAY_TO_WIN?
  • NishijimaNishijima
    Reactions: 1,010
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Well first of all, you should start playing on the reboot server because that is simply Nexon taking a step in the right direction after all the years of walking straight to rock bottom. Things are simpler, more noob friendly and hard work has more net gain. If you liked playing warrior I would recommend the following classes for you based on a single property: Fun.

Dark Knight: Fun to play, basically you're batman?
    Mihile: Like a Paladin (LUL) but stronger and better, hahahaha paladin. Mihile is both damage and support.
    Hero: From what everyone else has told me they love the playstyle of this class and say it's fun, I have no personal experience so I can't say.
    Aran: This class is all about combos, so if you want to completely disintegrate your Ctrl key, this will be a very fun class to play. Consequently one of the strongest classes.

Demons: Either Demon Slayer or Demon Avenger. They are both melee type characters. Demon avengers have HP as a main stat so all your AP will go to HP and they use HP instead of MP for skills aswell.

Demon Slayers use something called Fury. Now I have never made a demon slayer so I can't say but I'm assuming you get Fury by killing mobs and/or just hitting mobs. These two classes are nonetheless fun to play. You could analyze the classes mentioned above through google or something if you are still uncertain.

Both demon slayer and demon avenger have 100% stance as a passive at level 1 and potions are 300% more effective on them. Which I thought was really op when I started my demon avenger.

good luck and have fun
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Valryia
    Valryia said:

What do you mean with "lower max level" ? The max level is 250 for *all* classes.
    Reboot is currently the most active, because it's much less pay to win.
    My recommendation for class choice is just to try them all out. If you want a first class, i recommend any of the cygnus classes (minus night walker, not a good mobber). They have a skill that give ALL of your other chars + (magic) attack and are pretty easy to use.
    Some might argue that Reboot is more pay to win, honestly. You either farm Hilla religiously, and hope for enough luck to get enough boxes to drop and enough Blackheart pets from those boxes to never need to worry about it, or you get shackled with what can essentially be referred to as a subscription fee for Water of Life to revive your pet.

Or you can try to farm mesos without a pet, see how far along you get in an hour compared to the guy with at least one pet that has an automove skill on it.
  • ValryiaValryia
    edited November 2016
    Gertking
    Gertking said:

Btw, i meant the reboot server. And with "less pay-to-win" i mean that everything on reboot - but pets (and cosmetics) - are bought with ingame currency (mesos) instead of cold, hard, cash.

@Aggraphine It's not like you don't buy a pet on the regular server, no? There also more nice things about reboot, but the pay-to-win thing is the most promiment.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Valryia
    Valryia said:

Gertking
    Gertking said:

Btw, i meant the reboot server. And with "less pay-to-win" i mean that everything on reboot - but pets (and cosmetics) - are bought with ingame currency (mesos) instead of cold, hard, cash.

@Aggraphine It's not like you don't buy a pet on the regular server, no? There also more nice things about reboot, but the pay-to-win thing is the most promiment.

But you have the option of A) permanent pets or B) using reward points to revive 90-day pets outside of Reboot.

If they were to add water of life(at least two per month) to the Reboot reward point shop, then it'd be fine. As it stands right now, pets are a subscription service if not a straight RNG fest.
    Valryia
  • ValryiaValryia
    edited November 2016
    @Aggraphine It's not exactly an "subscription service" and they have to live off *something*. Still, i didn't know about about the water of life thing.