[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Changing 2x events from a few hours to 24 hours

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/18845/2x-exp-drop-event-11-19-11-20

I feel absolutely confused when I'm looking at this chart (I can tell time, but my body will never get accustomed to this change.) This is the online version of jetlag because this schedule is confusing like a movie. Would it be easier and more fair if those 2x events were a bigger block such as a whole day or in some case, the whole weekend? I look on Mushroomwordpress's blog and I do see 2x for a whole day during specific events.

We all have odd schedules, and some of us may not be accustomed to the changes since the merge. And also a warning, if they do implement a whole day of 2x, don't play it straight and get a seizure or carpal tunnel.
  1. Should 2x Drop/EXP be a whole day instead of designated times?13 votes
    1. Yes, a day of fun!
       85% (11 votes)
    2. Hell no
       15% (2 votes)

Comments

• AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2016
    They probably should now that we have to account for the timezone in EMS.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Daxterbeer

And also a warning, if they do implement a whole day of 2x, don't play it straight and get a seizure or carpal tunnel.
    And that is exactly why they won't - and shouldn't - do it.
    There are those people who feel they absolutely must utilize every minute of 2x exp/drop, and they will play (or try to play) 48 hours straight if the whole weekend were 2x.
    At least with the 3 blocks, we get some off time, and even the most dedicated can get 7 hours of sleep between 3AM and 10AM Sunday (provided they're in the Pacific Timezone... Nexon still favors that region, despite the change to UTC). You'll get used to the new schedule, don't worry.

The correct solution to the "everyone has a different schedule" is to not hold server-wide 2x at all. Rather, give out some form of coupon (that stacks with Cash Shop and Use coupons) that people can use to get 2x for a total of, say, 10 hours over the entire weekend. But I guess that's not nearly as good for Nexon's "Concurrent User Count" as our weekly lag-and-ks festivals.
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    During 2xp i feel more lag. So nope. Also a full day 2xp has more game implications than you think.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    While I would love this to happen...it probably would end up more detrimental to people who no life maple...and then they would probs sue Nexon and we lose game :T
  • AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    i think is a good idea
    even those addict ppl, is not the fault of them that majority gets forced to adapt to those hours and waste at least 1h of a cs 4h 2x exp cupons
    this way also popular maps could become less crowed since people will decide to grind at diferent day times and time zone conflit would end once for all on weekends 2x exp, and if 2x exp start with utc time then add +12h after sunday utc 00 to please americans and australians
    Petalmagic

While I would love this to happen...it probably would end up more detrimental to people who no life maple...and then they would probs sue Nexon and we lose game :T
    only america to sue about anything o.o, and if is what they would sue if was their own fault???
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Daxterbeer

And also a warning, if they do implement a whole day of 2x, don't play it straight and get a seizure or carpal tunnel.
    And that is exactly why they won't - and shouldn't - do it.
    There are those people who feel they absolutely must utilize every minute of 2x exp/drop, and they will play (or try to play) 48 hours straight if the whole weekend were 2x.
    At least with the 3 blocks, we get some off time, and even the most dedicated can get 7 hours of sleep between 3AM and 10AM Sunday (provided they're in the Pacific Timezone... Nexon still favors that region, despite the change to UTC). You'll get used to the new schedule, don't worry.

The correct solution to the "everyone has a different schedule" is to not hold server-wide 2x at all. Rather, give out some form of coupon (that stacks with Cash Shop and Use coupons) that people can use to get 2x for a total of, say, 10 hours over the entire weekend. But I guess that's not nearly as good for Nexon's "Concurrent User Count" as our weekly lag-and-ks festivals.
    there peoples for everything everywere, that isnt a reason to majority no be beneficted, if those kind of people want to detrimte their health is their own fault, none else fault ;)
    i agree with your cuppons solutions idea wich also would like to suggest it instead of full weekend x2 exp but cupons also hav their own cons wich is if we dc usually is ''byebye cupon'' since takes like 5-10min to log bk and worse is that with a dc usually cuppons gone (i also noticed not all cupons goes with a dc, but most go still saddly) and also is really anoying when people like to play multichars because you only get cuppons in 1 character, and cuppons shouldnt have expire date, to no make careless people feel forced to waste a cupon on a bad time in order to no let it expire. also as far i kn 2x exp time and cuppons only stack with cs cuppons. never was possible to stack a use tab cuppon with a x2 exp envent

• DewiDarlingDewiDarling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2016
    I would prefer them to turn the blocks back into 4 hours each. EST and UTC both miss one block ( 2/3 AM - 5/6 AM), meaning this change actually hurts the players in those locations. I, as an European, preferred the old blocks (10 PM UTC - 2 AM UTC and 8 AM UTC - 12 PM UTC), because I didn't have to miss any. This essentially loses me 4 hours of training per weekend, which is pretty big when you're in the 230s.