[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Chores.

UzumeUzume
Reactions: 2,525
edited November 2016 in Rants and Raves
I hate them.

Mopping is okay, but I don't have a super fancy mop it's just one you put in water and scrub the floor with. However, no matter how much I scrub this floor, I swear it never gets clean. Doesn't help my niece comes over and spills who knows what on it every Friday.

Dishes are awful, especially since I'm the only one doing them, my dad doesn't know how to rinse his dishes off after he's done (he can't even be bothered to throw away the plastic utensils, thanks dad), and somehow in only a few days most of the dishes end up dirty and it ends up taking me an hour to wash them all.

Vacuuming is probably my favorite chore, because it doesn't take nearly as long and the only hassle is the cord. It does make me feel really hot though, and I'd prefer a newer vacuum cleaner, but at least it hasn't exploded on me yet.

I don't take out the garbage because I'm too small to open the lid to the dumpster outside, so I needn't worry about that thankfully. Though my dad does procrastinate on this single chore he has to do, and complains when someone tells him to do it... but that's a different rant.

I can't name anymore awful chores, this is just what I do. I'd be interested in hearing others experiences on chores they've had to do, be it work or home. I'm really looking forward to chorebots.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

I hate them.

Mopping is okay, but I don't have a super fancy mop it's just one you put in water and scrub the floor with. However, no matter how much I scrub this floor, I swear it never gets clean. Doesn't help my niece comes over and spills who knows what on it every Friday.

Dishes are awful, especially since I'm the only one doing them, my dad doesn't know how to rinse his dishes off after he's done (he can't even be bothered to throw away the plastic utensils, thanks dad), and somehow in only a few days most of the dishes end up dirty and it ends up taking me an hour to wash them all.

Vacuuming is probably my favorite chore, because it doesn't take nearly as long and the only hassle is the cord. It does make me feel really hot though, and I'd prefer a newer vacuum cleaner, but at least it hasn't exploded on me yet.

I don't take out the garbage because I'm too small to open the lid to the dumpster outside, so I needn't worry about that thankfully. Though my dad does procrastinate on this single chore he has to do, and complains when someone tells him to do it... but that's a different rant.

I can't name anymore awful chores, this is just what I do. I'd be interested in hearing others experiences on chores they've had to do, be it work or home. I'm really looking forward to chorebots.
    You forgot the most annoying chore of all: Daily bosses on Maplestory. Honestly my least favorite chore would be the cat litter...cuz the cats have a nice little habit of leaving me a gift right before it gets done...and that stuff does not come off of the scoop easily :T
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

You forgot the most annoying chore of all: Daily bosses on Maplestory. Honestly my least favorite chore would be the cat litter...cuz the cats have a nice little habit of leaving me a gift right before it gets done...and that stuff does not come off of the scoop easily :T
    Yeah dailies are a pretty annoying chore on Maple LOL.
    I've actually never had a pet, so I've never dealt with taking care of one. Sounds awful, though. Cats can be so mean.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    i hate inserting night contacts b4 sleeping and taking out my invisalign everyday b4 eating