[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Three short questions about Bots

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    MakazeKiba

HeinekenHero

They have a system for if a GM thinks you are botting where they move you to a white screen and ask you questions to see if you are there.
    Fat lotta good that system does.

That system only works when you have an adequate number of Human GMs on at all hours of the day. Considering how many worlds their are, as well as channels, and even individual maps of interest, that makes for a daunting amount of ground to cover. I believe the only GMs we see now are the ones during GM events... entertainers, not enforcers.
    Seriously...I will work for COOKIES @KThxBaiNao if I can just ban stupid bots =3="
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited November 2016
    MakazeKiba

HeinekenHero

They have a system for if a GM thinks you are botting where they move you to a white screen and ask you questions to see if you are there.

That system only works when you have an adequate number of Human GMs on at all hours of the day. Considering how many worlds their are, as well as channels, and even individual maps of interest, that makes for a daunting amount of ground to cover. I believe the only GMs we see now are the ones during GM events... entertainers, not enforcers.
    you're not quite correct. The GM's usually come on at a certain time period of the day and they check players that have been reported several times as well as high botting areas. Considering bots are at their computer and on 24/7 it is quite easy for the GMs to catch.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

MakazeKiba

HeinekenHero

Seriously...I will work for COOKIES @KThxBaiNao if I can just ban stupid bots =3="
    You can ban bots all you want, but until you cut off their ingress it won't make a difference. Run around Scrapyard all day, all 20 channels, on one server banning bots. Keep a tally of how many you ban. Now go back in two days. They'll all be infested again.

Nexon really needs to fast-track higher authentication for account creation. Phone number, gov't-issued ID number, something more than "valid email address".
    MakazeKiba
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

MakazeKiba

HeinekenHero

u and your cookie lol.

• BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    ban em all !!!!
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

ban em all !!!!
    IP banned would be the most coolest thing :) better than ban one another will create an account.

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

Petalmagic

MakazeKiba

HeinekenHero

u and your cookie lol.

Well...Id seriously go around banning people for almost nothing...I see enough bots it wouldn't deter my normal playing :P I actually wrote a resume/cover letter to Nexon for a project in Middle school back in the day...
    Lilyflower
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Well i just wonder when something like Lie Detector would come to GMS...
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

well long ago gms had lie detectors and they removed it due to much abuse i know it doesn't make sense.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

well long ago gms had lie detectors and they removed it due to much abuse i know it doesn't make sense.

What part of "it was removed due to abuse" doesn't make sense to you? The part where people were using them on legit players for no reason other than to get them booted out of a map or otherwise impeded so they could then stroll in and take over the map for their own use? Or the part where AFK players got hit with them and faced whatever the consequences of ignoring one were?

Is that the part that doesn't make sense?
    MakazeKiba
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Lilyflower

Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

What part of "it was removed due to abuse" doesn't make sense to you? The part where people were using them on legit players for no reason other than to get them booted out of a map or otherwise impeded so they could then stroll in and take over the map for their own use? Or the part where AFK players got hit with them and faced whatever the consequences of ignoring one were?

the part where people were using them on legit players to get booted or banned without a reason.

MakazeKiba
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    Lilyflower

Aggraphine

Lilyflower

Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

the part where people were using them on legit players to get booted or banned without a reason.

You really can't understand how using them on legit players simply to annoy, impede or inconvenience them is abuse?
    MakazeKiba
  • ValryiaValryia
    Reactions: 990
    edited November 2016
    While i still wait for my opening questions to be answered, you guys should know that getting an active solution is also hindered by the fact that it is illegal (!) for nexon to take a closer look on those cheating programms.
    And yes, hacks are illegal, but nexon can't get the hackers, while the hackers can get nexon.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Lilyflower

Aggraphine

Lilyflower

Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

You really can't understand how using them on legit players simply to annoy, impede or inconvenience them is abuse?
    listen... if u didn't understand what I'm saying in above the post then it's not my problem.

MakazeKiba
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    Valryia
    Valryia said:

While i still wait for my opening questions to be answered, you guys should know that getting an active solution is also hindered by the fact that it is illegal (!) for nexon to take a closer look on those cheating programms.
    And yes, hacks are illegal, but nexon can't get the hackers, while the hackers can get nexon.
    Yeah I know by the ddos it's just nexon loves hackers that's why they can't do anything about it.

MakazeKiba
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    @Lilyflower
    Why can't the Lie Detector be automatic? that way people wouldn't go abusing it, and every like 30minutes in trainning maps, it would appear and do it's job.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

@Lilyflower
    Why can't the Lie Detector be automatic? that way people wouldn't go abusing it, and every like 30minutes in trainning maps, it would appear and do it's job.
    Add another automated process to a game already rife with bugs? I dunno, that doesn't seem... wise.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    Valryia
    Valryia said:

While i still wait for my opening questions to be answered ...
    R-right, shall we? Before I begin with my answers, a few links for information.
    Terms of Use
    Code of Conduct
    Valryia
    Valryia said:

1. Can i, or was anyone ever, be banned for wrongly accusing someone of botting?
    Well, based on Section 3.2 of the Terms of Use, which in turn seems to refer to Section F of the Code of Conduct, there can be grounds for bans depending on the intent of the accusation, especially in the case of accusing as a means of Harassment. Moreover, there is the entirety of Section 7 of the Terms of Use that allows Nexon to change the terms at anytime for any reason. In short, the context really matters. Most bots aren't exactly precious, so those accounts will not be missed. However, should you find a high-profile player botting or hacking, there may be hell to pay if you accuse them, unless you've got proof.
    Valryia
    Valryia said:

2. What should i write down in the small message box when reporting a bot? I normally write down "Map attack".
    I'm actually at a loss here. I try to normally describe the activity, as you have been. So for this, all I can say is to carry on.
    Valryia
    Valryia said:

3. If i know that a GM is online, can i megaphone/whisper them regarding bots?.
    Based on personal experience with GMs that ran events, you cannot whisper them. It will return a message that says the player is not online. Secondly, I suppose you could use a smega, but I personally believe the effort is futile, since we the players have yet to solidly ascertain or discover how, exactly, the GM-side of communications works. Just about everything we have written here and in previous, similar posts is all based on conjecture and theory.
    Valryia
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited November 2016
    Welcome to GMS. Where nexon allows hackers to continue making new accounts to stimulate the economy(i.e. Farming items that players need from elite boxes, crafting materials, and even cubes). We will ALWAYS have hackers. They will NEVER go away. And there's NOTHING you can do about it. So either stop playing or get used to it. Nexon simply doesn't give that much of a crap.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    forumsareannoying

Welcome to GMS. Where nexon allows hackers to continue making new accounts to stimulate the economy(i.e. Farming items that players need from elite boxes, crafting materials, and even cubes). We will ALWAYS have hackers. They will NEVER go away. And there's NOTHING you can do about it. So either stop playing or get used to it. Nexon simply doesn't give that much of a crap.
    Yeah so true and when ever we post the names of the hackers they just remove it and saying go to customer support lol and also saying to the legit players get used to it whether u like it or not.