[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Worst thing to ever happen to me in 10yrs of play

HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
Reactions: 2,060
edited November 2016 in General Chat
This morning while deciding to make some extra cash for the impending DMT everyone is waiting for, I log in and begin the grind from 600m to my goal of 1b. While it is a tedious task I find it much more feasible with my xenon which only requires one skill. During my grind a few people came into my channel and left so I was happy I was not ksed and noone talked to me, but then I was teleported to the dreaded white screen and at that instant my screen froze. At this point not only did my screen freeze but so did my heart as it literally stopped. For those who don't know the white screen is where a GM will teleport you and ask if you are there to make sure you aren't botting. This happens quite a bit to me since xenons only have to hold 1 button while they move around(btw no I was not standing in one place). I didn't mind it before because I would ask them how are they doing and they'd say have a good day, but today the servers were not in my favor. Obviously, I submitted a ticket because I am not disconnected everytime I try to log in and pretty positive even though I didn't receive a message. The disconnections are due to the fact I am banned, for how long? no Idea because there fails to be communication from nexon. While this is upsetting for me, I know quite a few of you on here will so oh I really was hacking which makes no sense or oh I really was botting and I will ignore those trolls. But I know Nexon does not release their proof of why you were banned and the copy/pasted response in my ticket will mostly say so. Their 'proof' of me botting is that fact that I was unable to reply due to their constant server issues and after 10 years of playing on my acc that I play other nexons games with too and have spent so much money, it's disheartening to think that I might lose everything when the GMs give me a copypasted response and close my tickets.
  1. Toughts17 votes
    1. I really don't care
       53% (9 votes)
    2. You are a hacker and I will troll your thread
       12% (2 votes)
    3. Nexon needs to work on their servers before these other updates
       35% (6 votes)

Comments

• ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    TL;DR seriously, what a wall of text.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited November 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

TL;DR seriously, what a wall of text.
    I didn't understand a thing.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited November 2016
    So let me get this straight. You were banned because your game froze when a GM was teleporting you to some vague white screen map I've never heard of?
    Sounds like a load of baloney to me.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    RailBird
    RailBird said:

So let me get this straight. You were banned because your game froze when a GM was teleporting you to some vague white screen map I've never heard of?
    The white room is real.
    If a GM whispers you and you don't respond, they teleport you to an all-white map. The idea is that even if you had your chat window minimized and somehow failed to notice the normal GM whisper, you can't possibly say that you were at your computer but didn't notice that the map changed to all white. If you continue attacking and/or don't respond to GM questions even in this room, they conclude that you are, in fact, botting.

@HeinekenHero , use GameLauncher.exe to log in. It will tell you how long you've been banned for.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

RailBird
    RailBird said:

The white room is real.
    If a GM whispers you and you don't respond, they teleport you to an all-white map. The idea is that even if you had your chat window minimized and somehow failed to notice the normal GM whisper, you can't possibly say that you were at your computer but didn't notice that the map changed to all white. If you continue attacking and/or don't respond to GM questions even in this room, they conclude that you are, in fact, botting.

@HeinekenHero , use GameLauncher.exe to log in. It will tell you how long you've been banned for.
    Didn't know about the white map, but even then.. Just because someone disconnects while being teleported there doesn't sound like a reason they'd ban you.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    RailBird
    RailBird said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

RailBird
    RailBird said:

The white room is real.

Didn't know about the white map, but even then.. Just because someone disconnects while being teleported there doesn't sound like a reason they'd ban you.
    Don't know much about botting, but wouldn't a bot easily be able to tell if it was in a white map and shut off the game in response? Though I agree that even if that were the case, it'd be dumb to ban based off of that cuz a lot of people dc innocently from the randomest things in this game lol.

• HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    edited November 2016
    RailBird
    RailBird said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

RailBird
    RailBird said:

The white room is real.

Well personally I don't know if I was banned before or after I disconnected as my screen had froze and once banned you crash anyway and it tells you you're banned when you try to log in again but currently I cant log in wihtout crashing. Anyway to answer your question, a GM will ban you if you dont respond within a minute and my screen was frozen so he could have banned me and then it crashed. Or if I DCed while in the white room which I still don't know since the servers are doing poorly atm, a GM will ban you because they assume you logged in an attempt to escape which can be seen by GM responses to people who log out in the white room. I'm not trying to plea innocent or guilty, I just find it upsetting that they have literally no proof except that I couldn't respond. Sorry for the wall of text.
    edited November 2016
    Fennekin
    Fennekin said:

RailBird
    RailBird said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

RailBird
    RailBird said:

The white room is real.

Don't know much about botting, but wouldn't a bot easily be able to tell if it was in a white map and shut off the game in response? Though I agree that even if that were the case, it'd be dumb to ban based off of that cuz a lot of people dc innocently from the randomest things in this game lol.

If you log out while in the white room you will be banned. That is considered an attempt to avoid ban. Unfortunately, they do not take into consideration any DC's and they do not require proof to ban you. They do not have to show you anything as for their ToS it is up to their descretion. The problem is you can't ever explain to them what happens because you don't talk to the person who banned you in the ticket system. You talk to someone from Nexon who usually just copy/paste why you were banned.
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

RailBird
    RailBird said:

The white room is real.

Thank you apparently it is a 2 week ban unfortunately this could not have come at worse time as now I can no longer do the Share event, ring event, or blackfriday event which I had purchased NX for already.
  • WyldeRyderWyldeRyder
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    RailBird
    RailBird said:

You're a load of baloney. The white map is GM-only because there are no portals leading to it from any map that is a part of the regular content. It is therefore apparent that one must use a command to warp oneself or a third party into such map. If you've ever reverse engineered .wz files, you would know that it exists.

Source(s): I've been playing since roughly GMS v26 in 2005. Ludibrium, Cash Shop or 4th jobs didn't even exist back then. People needed tracks and AC to get into KPQ. Get on my lvl :P
    edited November 2016
    Haha XD I finally got a reply to my ticket and it is such a copy pasted response if I ever seen one. It literally only addressed general reasons I could have been banned as well as the duration. I hate that GMs don't have to even read your ticket or probably don't care to.

I would post the ticket response but I don't know if that is allowed.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited November 2016
    (nvm i caught da stoopid)
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    HeinekenHero

Haha XD I finally got a reply to my ticket and it is such a copy pasted response if I ever seen one. It literally only addressed general reasons I could have been banned as well as the duration. I hate that GMs don't have to even read your ticket or probably don't care to.

It is not explicitly disallowed, however I may move you to rants and raves if this becomes too condescending.

My forum mod advice is to appeal your ban through official channels.
    My personal advice is to, provided you have already appealed your ban, to find a different training method that looks less like a macro. Mechanics can also move while continuously attacking, as can bowmen. The difference is that most people move around and use multiple skills. If you look suspiciously like you're macroing, perhaps you should train in a way that does not look suspiciously like macroing. Especially if this has happened multiple times.
    edited November 2016
    Neospector

HeinekenHero

It is not explicitly disallowed, however I may move you to rants and raves if this becomes too condescending.

My forum mod advice is to appeal your ban through official channels.
    My personal advice is to, provided you have already appealed your ban, to find a different training method that looks less like a macro. Mechanics can also move while continuously attacking, as can bowmen. The difference is that most people move around and use multiple skills. If you look suspiciously like you're macroing, perhaps you should train in a way that does not look suspiciously like macroing. Especially if this has happened multiple times.
    I thank you for your response. I was moving around and was not alone when I was banned, but the biggest concern is the issue with the constant serve disconnections which have been rampant and to the most likely cause of this incident. I am sorry my post has come off as a one sided attack.

I do believe that people should be allowed to know as to what can happen while normal training and be informed on what the white screen is as well as how the ban system works. If the system detects 3rd party programs or routine movements as a result of macroing, it will disconnect and ban you after which a GM will investigate said occurrence if you create a ticket. As for the nondetection whether you're running a program or legitimate, a GM that is invisible will send you to a all white map and talk to you to see if you are there or not.

One last thing is that the ticket system works when GMs read the tickets. The response to my ticket obviously shows the GM in charge of responding did not read is as they said the games security system banned me when in fact it was a GM since I was sent to the white screen and talked to. I just want a fair response from a GM.