[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Black Friday Big Spender Event in Reboot

LexistarLexistar
Reactions: 750
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
If possible, I think it would be cool to decrease the degree of randomization for the Tyrant and Fafnir boxes in Reboot. I'm not saying to take out the randomization altogether, but just make it so that, for example, you are Thief so you only receive Lycaon Tyrants or Thief class Fafnirs. In the regular servers you can at least sell Fafnirs and Tyrants that aren't for your class, but in Reboot, you'll just be staring at $40 worth of random rewards that you can't do anything with. It just seems like Reboot players would be setting themselves up for a lot of disappointment for the Big Spender Event rewards if they're randomized to this degree. We already experience this disappointment quite often in Union Voyages when we pick up the weapon for our main class on one of our mules. x'D

Editted: People brought up good points that Tyrants and Fafnirs violate the concept of non-pay2win. Maybe some other prize for reboot servers would be cool, like perm/longer hyper tele rocks or cash boxes.
AramyLair

Comments

• PuayaPuaya
    Reactions: 430
    edited November 2016
    I agree. or at least they should try changing the reward for reboot server. Nontradable + Rng to get the right class item is rather unfortunate.
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited November 2016
    i would prefer they change the reward on reboot to a perm pet or something. But more realistically, maybe A small stack of Water of life (since they wouldn't do a perm pet most likely, a few months worth of unexpiring water of life coupons would be very useful without cutting too much reboot income from them) and/or unexpiring hyper tele stone coupons and/or unexpriing potion pot de-ruster coupons

I dont think you should be able to get actual gear at ALL in reboot by using NX. That's kinda the point of reboot.
    LexistarYonaxLair
  • GoomuGoomu
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2016
    I was just looking around for this post. they should very much change the rewards for reboot. As a Kanna, what on earth am i gonna do when they "randomly" give me a fafnir 2-handed axe. Cause I can almost guarantee that's what I'm gonna get.... And I can't trade it.. Can't move it through storage...

If there gonna give equipment out... They should make it a "selection coupon" so that you click on it and pick the weapon you want.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Goomu
    Goomu said:

I was just looking around for this post. they should very much change the rewards for reboot. As a Kanna, what on earth am i gonna do when they "randomly" give me a fafnir 2-handed axe. Cause I can almost guarantee that's what I'm gonna get.... And I can't trade it.. Can't move it through storage...

If there gonna give equipment out... They should make it a "selection coupon" so that you click on it and pick the weapon you want.
    Like 15 Chaos Vellum trade in pieces...
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Incase of Reboot equip shouldn't be handed out at all. Destroys the concept of the server.
    AKradianDiannikaLair
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Yonax
    Yonax said:

Incase of Reboot equip shouldn't be handed out at all. Destroys the concept of the server.
    This.
    You should not be able to buy Fafnirs or Tyrants in Reboot, not even for 150k NX.
  • LexistarLexistar
    Reactions: 750
    edited November 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

i would prefer they change the reward on reboot to a perm pet or something. But more realistically, maybe A small stack of Water of life (since they wouldn't do a perm pet most likely, a few months worth of unexpiring water of life coupons would be very useful without cutting too much reboot income from them) and/or unexpiring hyper tele stone coupons and/or unexpriing potion pot de-ruster coupons

I dont think you should be able to get actual gear at ALL in reboot by using NX. That's kinda the point of reboot.
    That's actually a good point. Totally forgot this totally infringes the non-pay2win system they got going on in Reboot. Maybe they should consider other rewards for us that aren't going to impact that principle. Granted I still don't think pets or pet-revives are non-pay2win either though. Pets go a long way in farming and make all the difference. A perm hyper tele rock sounds sick though. I just think some kind of reward that wouldn't have a high chance of being useless would be nice. :/ Something useful but not game impacting.
    Diannika
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited November 2016
    Lexistar
    Lexistar said:

Diannika
    Diannika said:

That's actually a good point. Totally forgot this totally infringes the non-pay2win system they got going on in Reboot. Maybe they should consider other rewards for us that aren't going to impact that principle. Granted I still don't think pets or pet-revives are non-pay2win either though. Pets go a long way in farming and make all the difference. A perm hyper tele rock sounds sick though. I just think some kind of reward that wouldn't have a high chance of being useless would be nice. :/ Something useful but not game impacting.
    A perm hyper tele would be EPIC. but this is nexon...they dont luv us that much :p even tho it isnt even a NX item in reboot, i doubt they would make it... they dont even have a buyable 30 day one in reboot :(

so i meant a stack or regular 7 day tele stone coupons (like 5-10) that the coupons dont expire, so you can use them when you cant affod to pick up one and your current one expired