[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Server Time still in UTC?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

Petalmagic

Tuba
    Tuba said:

Xariappa
    Xariappa said:

As for the total number of votes, probably only a small population of the players actually follows/participates in the forums so the poll shows the results of the people active in the forums. Whether that is a valid representation of the total population? I don't know, but the majority of the people active in the forums wants to go back to PST so that still would make it a strong argument to go back, in my opinion.
    True not every player uses the forums, but I don't think it would make the results too different. I honestly feel like a majority of people don't like UTC time. On a side note my buddies have been mad about the time change as well and they have told me they don't use the forums. But I still don't understand why they would put the North American server in a UTC time zone because I feel like it's so inconvenient for people who have to work or go to school, not to mention everyone is so used to the PST time zone and having the time zone changed is just really annoying. And I never really heard anyone saying the PST time zone is inconvenient for them.
    Unfortunately for me...being a student with classes in the afternoons...I just don't have enough time to do all of my dailies due to this reset...If I do dailies mainly in the evening, I get burnt out and go to bed...but then I have to try and cram all of my daily bosses in the morning...which I cannot do. I really want the server time back to PST...
    Ahh I'm sorry. :/ I totally understand though because I'm in a central time zone so for me the reset is at 8:00pm which is really sucks because I have a lot of stuff to do during the day and I usually miss my resets. So when I do manage to get on it's literally like 9:00pm or 10:00pm but the reset has already happened by then. I've played the game since the beta release on and off but I'm really considering quitting. Not just because of the horrid time change that happened out of the blue, but so many other things that have been going on that I just don't agree with.
    I feel you there...I would totally quit if Reboot got Auction house...or even Zero (Sorry but I don't want Zero in Reboot)
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    GG nexon! >:/ what's the use of the poll if u try to troll the playerbase this is not funny and I don't really like utc to stay like this forever not to mention the hard work on dailies this is the most discusting change iv ever seen.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

Tuba
    Tuba said:

Petalmagic

Tuba
    Tuba said:

Xariappa
    Xariappa said:

As for the total number of votes, probably only a small population of the players actually follows/participates in the forums so the poll shows the results of the people active in the forums. Whether that is a valid representation of the total population? I don't know, but the majority of the people active in the forums wants to go back to PST so that still would make it a strong argument to go back, in my opinion.
    True not every player uses the forums, but I don't think it would make the results too different. I honestly feel like a majority of people don't like UTC time. On a side note my buddies have been mad about the time change as well and they have told me they don't use the forums. But I still don't understand why they would put the North American server in a UTC time zone because I feel like it's so inconvenient for people who have to work or go to school, not to mention everyone is so used to the PST time zone and having the time zone changed is just really annoying. And I never really heard anyone saying the PST time zone is inconvenient for them.
    Unfortunately for me...being a student with classes in the afternoons...I just don't have enough time to do all of my dailies due to this reset...If I do dailies mainly in the evening, I get burnt out and go to bed...but then I have to try and cram all of my daily bosses in the morning...which I cannot do. I really want the server time back to PST...
    Ahh I'm sorry. :/ I totally understand though because I'm in a central time zone so for me the reset is at 8:00pm which is really sucks because I have a lot of stuff to do during the day and I usually miss my resets. So when I do manage to get on it's literally like 9:00pm or 10:00pm but the reset has already happened by then. I've played the game since the beta release on and off but I'm really considering quitting. Not just because of the horrid time change that happened out of the blue, but so many other things that have been going on that I just don't agree with.
    I feel you there...I would totally quit if Reboot got Auction house...or even Zero (Sorry but I don't want Zero in Reboot)
    This is NexonA where talking about and I'm getting a feeling when v update comes out their gonna make it changed or worse not to spread fud but just the truth.

• DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited November 2016
    Well what I find odd is that they still have some events based off PST usa time, but the servers that are mostly NA players are in UTC time. This makes it rather hard to do various events, etc. Plus the day they surprised us with it, we lost a whole day due to how long the maintenance took.
  • XariappaXariappa
    Reactions: 655
    edited November 2016
    And I guess the servers are still at UTC. And Monster Life is still terribly lagging.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited November 2016
    DSpellGuy
    DSpellGuy said:

Well what I find odd is that they still have some events based off PST usa time, but the servers that are mostly NA players are in UTC time. This makes it rather hard to do various events, etc. Plus the day they surprised us with it, we lost a whole day due to how long the maintenance took.
    Yeah I'm missing all my resets so I don't really log on very much now lol.
  • XariappaXariappa
    Reactions: 655
    edited November 2016
    Here is a solution. Change the dailies reset time and the Monster Life monster nurture/play reset time all to 8AM UTC. They can do it for the hot week event so they should be able to do it for the dailies and Monster Life too (and whatever else is affected by the timezone change.. And change the guild-supplies times to 8AM UTC on Monday to 8AM UTC Tuesday. This way thing are sort of back to the schedule we are used here in the North America and Nexon can keep their servers at UTC.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

DSpellGuy
    DSpellGuy said:

Yeah I'm missing all my resets so I don't really log on very much now lol.
    I honestly gave up on Rice cuz of this...I dont have enough time =3=