[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

To do before Thanksgiving vacation

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2016 in General Chat
I saw the scheduled maintenance notice, thought to myself "Why on a Tuesday?", and then recalled that the USA is having a long holiday weekend. So this is the last maintenance before V patch, and before all current events end. And yet very little seems to be planned for it.

But there are some things that must be urgently addressed before the 30th.

1. Move the Jewelcrafting event's NPC out of Event Hall and into Henesys.
Many players can't access it there due to the lag, and so are unable to participate in the event. We've been asking for this since the event started, on the 9th.

2. Have the coin exchange accessible outside of Event Hall.
We can't exchange coins due to the lag in Event Hall.
Either put the coin exchange in the Star notifier, or place Maple Admin in a less laggy map, and remove her inventory-scanning function. All that inventory scan does is decide whether to display the coin exchange option in her menu. But there would be no harm if she showed the option even to people who have no coins to exchange.

3. Change server time back to PST.
I think today's Hot Week timing change proves just how bad of an idea the move to UTC was.
Having server time on UTC, and some content running by UTC, but some other content going by PST, and still other content getting changed in the middle, is needlessly confusing. Go back to full PST so we can all know when everything starts and ends.

Comments

• Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited November 2016
    Sounds perfectly reasonable
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Any chance?
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited November 2016
    I'm just waiting for the day for you to snap with all of your well written and well thought out suggestions being constantly ignored.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

I'm just waiting for the day for you to snap with all of your well written and well thought out suggestions being constantly ignored.
    Thank you, I guess?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Server time...Nexon plz...I spend 10 bucks for it...(and buying nX is kinda difficult in my area)
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited November 2016
    I'd also like to add anouther two. Bring back dojo rankings and bring back Mr Lee (as he was not the npc causing lagg).
  • ArnoSanArnoSan
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    I cant complete the event Cody Turkey Eggs, because Cody's on Event Hall!!! DAMN!!!!!
  • Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited November 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

I have a box of popcorn on standby in one of those fire extinguisher cases with the phrase "break class in-case AKradian snaps". There is also a lawn chair in there - its quite a big box.

On another note, is the chat channel lag still a thing? I've had that "fix" in place for a good many weeks now lol, and I don't feel like taking it out unless I know for sure I won't need to redo it.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited November 2016
    So there's a scene in the show The Walking Dead in which the villain(Nexon in this case) abuses a certain group. The villain takes the group's things, kills a few of their people, belittles them, oppress them, and at the end of it all, makes them thank him for his service. At the end, the villain says "I just slid my -censored- down your throat, and you just thanked me for it". Yeah that's what Nexon does to us(the community). I wish there were some secret words I can type to make people stand up and stop supporting nexon with all their wrongdoing. So much anticipation going into this new patch and it's like they don't even have the table set before rolling out the thanksgiving dinner.

I'm with @Geminia , really looking forward to the day @AKradian snaps. Nexon doesn't deserve your professionalism, respect or time. This company is garbage. I've seen some pretty messed up games in which the communication between the game's community and the game administration simply do not meet expectations but Nexon is the worst.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

Geminia
    Geminia said:

I have a box of popcorn on standby in one of those fire extinguisher cases with the phrase "break class in-case AKradian snaps". There is also a lawn chair in there - its quite a big box.
    Better make sure to put a Print Screen key in there.
    When I do crack, the mods clean it up fast.
    Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

On another note, is the chat channel lag still a thing? I've had that "fix" in place for a good many weeks now lol, and I don't feel like taking it out unless I know for sure I won't need to redo it.
    They removed the chat channels entirely. You're safe to remove your firewall rule.
    AlexF
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited November 2016
    for the first time i do agree with you arkadian so bumping this