[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

STOP THE FALSE BANS

AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
Reactions: 1,315
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I got false banned for "hack" twice against Hilla and I have no fricken clue why. Does GMS not understand that Demon slayer can get more fury, or what? Like I wasted 2 turns against Hilla because of GMS's hack blocker's stupidity. If it worked against real hackers it'd be better, but it doesn't.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Do you have any potential lines that read "X% chance to ignore Y% damage when attacked"?
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    Neospector

Do you have any potential lines that read "X% chance to ignore Y% damage when attacked"?
    I'll double check in a bit, but I don't think so. I need some time to cool off from M.S. though.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    I have a 30% chance to ignore 27 damage when attacked on my D.S. (the one that keeps getting false banned), but I also have 20% chance to ignore 25 damage on my D.A. and that hasn't gotten false banned.
    @neospector
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

I have a 30% chance to ignore 27 damage when attacked on my D.S. (the one that keeps getting false banned), but I also have 20% chance to ignore 25 damage on my D.A. and that hasn't gotten false banned.
    @neospector
    That line alone doesn't cause the erroneous HACK detections.
    It's that line in conjunction with a skill that reflects damage - Vengeance in the case of DS - that does it.
    So either stop using Vengeance or unequip the item with that line (or recube the item, I suppose).
    AkihikoT_
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

@neospector
    As AKradian said, this happens when these potential lines are in conjunction with a skill that reflects damage, such as Vengeance. You may wish to cube over these lines entirely. And believe me, I know how frustrating that sounds: I was trying to cube over such a line and got the same reflect damage line in the same position 3 times in a row. Thankfully Pink Bean pulled through and dropped a cube, otherwise I'd be pretty stuck myself.

Also, you should not be banned as a result of this. It's only a disconnection and should not pose any real harm to your account for the most part. If you were banned, you would be unable to log into your account entirely.
    AkihikoT_
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    Neospector

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

@neospector
    As AKradian said, this happens when these potential lines are in conjunction with a skill that reflects damage, such as Vengeance. You may wish to cube over these lines entirely. And believe me, I know how frustrating that sounds: I was trying to cube over such a line and got the same reflect damage line in the same position 3 times in a row. Thankfully Pink Bean pulled through and dropped a cube, otherwise I'd be pretty stuck myself.

Also, you should not be banned as a result of this. It's only a disconnection and should not pose any real harm to your account for the most part. If you were banned, you would be unable to log into your account entirely.
    Luckily it's in reboot so I should have enough mesos to buy a cube.
    also thank you @AKradian as well.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Recubing is not a fix, best all together would be to remove the cube line from the game. Accuracy/Avoid is gonna be removed with V patch, why not remove these lines as well. If it's to hard too fix, just remove the cube lines from the game all together. That way no one has to hurt from a bug not being fixed.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Yonax
    Yonax said:

Recubing is not a fix, best all together would be to remove the cube line from the game. Accuracy/Avoid is gonna be removed with V patch, why not remove these lines as well. If it's to hard too fix, just remove the cube lines from the game all together. That way no one has to hurt from a bug not being fixed.
    LOL
    That's also something that requires Nexon developer attention, something that seems to be in very low supply.

It's not that hard to fix the bug. They should just disable the hack-detection check they added for "reflecting damage you didn't receive", until they figure out how to do it right. Not like it made any dents in the hacker population anyway.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    cough free cube for each item with that lines till those lines gone cough

but for real ;( this need a real fix comeon nexon ! ! ! !