[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Did the server times change??

GalaxxiGalaxxi
Reactions: 510
edited November 2016 in General Chat
It's worth mentioning that I haven't played since June, and I live in Chicago so I'm in CST. For as long as I've been playing MapleStory, things have always reset at about 2 AM my time. (I'm pretty sure the game ran on Pacific time? Not sure, I always looked at the EST on events n stuff and took off an hour for CST so I didn't pay attention to the other timezones.) I could always do whatever party quests or boss quests I needed, go to bed, wake up, and do them again. Yesterday at about 1 or 2 PM, I killed the Hilla boss. Last I checked, you could only solo her once per day as a party leader. I have nobody to hold the position for me, so I only go in once a day. Then at about 6 PM, I did DIPQ five times and did that rice cake event thing at the same time. I didn't get all the cakes, but I remember the "daily total" you could get for each of them. Then at almost 8 PM my time I get a notice that says x2 EXP and drop events is starting soon. Except, I think it said it was starting at 4 or 5 AM? I thought that was weird because that's not anywhere near what time it is anywhere in the US. 8 PM rolls around, and the event starts. First I thought that maybe I had accidentally connected to the Europe server, but then don't they have completely different worlds and stuff? Could I even access my characters through there??? Then I figured it was a typo in the notice. The rice cake events that are supposed to show up every 15 minutes weren't showing up anymore either. Still didn't think anything was wrong other than typos and bugs.

Then I log in today, at 1 PM CST. I look at my rice cake thing. The daily limits haven't reset from yesterday. "The weird bugs continue." I go to do DIPQ. "You can't enter, you've gone in five times already". No I haven't, that was yesterday. Now I'm mildly irritated because I've used an EXP buff. I go to solo Hilla. That works, for some reason. Now I'm wondering if they changed the server times. If they did, what time does stuff reset now?? I feel like its somewhere between 1 and 6 PM CST, because I could get into the Hilla thing no problem. Unless they removed the "you can only go in once as party leader per day" thing, in which case I'm clueless.

While I'm here, what else has changed since June that I need to be aware of?? OTL

EDIT - Fame hasn't reset either. I think I famed a dude at like.... 7 PM CST? God I don't remember. It hasn't reset though.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/4197/game-server-time-changes

Server time is now UTC, which is the same as GMT. So reset is at 6PM CST.

And btw, you can solo Hilla twice a day now. None of that party leader nonsense.
    GalaxxiPureRoyalNative
  • GalaxxiGalaxxi
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

And btw, you can solo Hilla twice a day now. None of that party leader nonsense.
    Wow that is absolutely, completely, 110% pants-on-head stupid. GG Nexon, you have really messed this up.

The Hilla thing is nice, though. That's double the loot I can get in one days. Well, thanks for telling me.
    Tuba
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Wow that is absolutely, completely, 110% pants-on-head stupid. GG Nexon, you have really messed this up.
    About 7/8 of the people who voted in the poll KThxBaiNao set up, agree that the change to UTC was a bad idea.
    We can only hope that Nexon will take that to heart and change at least the American servers back to PST, soon.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

About 7/8 of the people who voted in the poll KThxBaiNao set up, agree that the change to UTC was a bad idea.
    We can only hope that Nexon will take that to heart and change at least the American servers back to PST, soon.
    I doubt it. Nexon has their heads in V-land.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    PhoenixKumo

AKradian
    AKradian said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

I doubt it. Nexon has their heads in V-land.
    Yeah I mean, heaven forbid they focus the majority of their attention on what could very well be the biggest update since Big Bang to make sure as little goes wrong with it as possible when the servers go live afterward.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited November 2016
    If you ever need to know what the server time is, go to a ship station because they have clocks there that go by server time.
  • GalaxxiGalaxxi
    edited November 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

If you ever need to know what the server time is, go to a ship station because they have clocks there that go by server time.
    Ah yes, the ship docks. I forgot they existed because nobody uses them anymore. I also forgot they had clocks. Thanks for the reminder. :D
  • PureRoyalNativePureRoyalNative
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, not sure why they have not taken out the ship docks yet. I have not used one in years.