[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Possible To Make Meso In Game, W/O IRL $$$?

KMFKMF
Reactions: 860
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Wonder if it;s possible to make meso in this game and get gear ETC, w/o having to spend IRL money on nx? I've started playing a few months back on and off, new accounts here and there, and spending money I didn't really need to spend and probably well near a $1000 or little more, mainly on gambling rng and I did get lucky one time and ended up with 70b which then I stupid bought nx with to only get maybe 5% of it back.

But I always seem to give into spending money, on rng aspect, I want to just be able to play this game, w/o spending a dime and if I do try to spend only on cosmetics ETC, even then I don't want to give into that.

Not saying I don't ever want to spend nx, I just want to get to a cretin point in game, with out spending a dime, even if it means I have no pets.

I'm thinking about re-starting again for the 5th or 7th time, and this time trying not to give into nx, also I have hard time finding the right class, I can't seem to make up my mind on things, my original goal when I first started back then.

Was to stick to one character and get them to 150+, second was not to spend any irl moeny at all, even if its not on rng aspect, 3rd goal was to take things easy and mainly quest and no just train train train, at lest until 150+.

Another problem I seem to have and this counts for any game out there, I don't like freebies, even if it's only 300k and some equips, I still accept them but i kidna regret it, even if it didn't really help me since I already had nx at that time.

Even if I give back into nx side, this time around I won't use it on stupid gambling boxes, I probably etheir sell nx gifts or just cube.

But the one problem I notice is, it's hard to sell things without a store, I know there's 1 day store in reward shop, but it seems its hard getting enough reward points.

I use to be all about pay to win, aspects of games, but now I really just want to play and have fun. I know I can do it and I've done so before in other games, much worse p2w then nexon, I mea no offense.

Also I like the ideal of trading and selling/buying, which is why I refuse to go to reboot, but with the up coming updates and auction house, I may not have to worry about store permits.

So I just need some advice, on what i should do, stick with my current account, which i only have about 10b meso and some items, i wasted more meso on stupid perm nx items, expect for one of my chars, I also wasted meso on inner ability, and other useless things, hence why I want to started over again.

Sure if I make new account, I miss out on the freebies for sharing news but meh.

Another plan I have is to start new account, but still semi play my current one and instead of belowing $175+ only spend half or less, examp say next pay period, I only spend $50-100, lets say $50, I would this time only spend half that on current account and send the other half to my paypal, and save it up, so i can use later on when i decied what to do with my current or new account.

Also only time I plan on actually gambling money, is when marvel machine is out, or that p-book event, which is how i got lucky and maybe was a sign i should had stuck with the meso i ended p with.

Sorry getting off-topic again and for the so much read, but anyone got any tips and tricks, to make meso on a new account w/o spending irl?

I know farming elite bosses is one way, but that takes time and is like training and I just wanan quest mainly.

So which professions would be ideal to make meso and which part time jobs, lastly what would be good classes to pick, I mainly want a mage class or pirate class, trying not to go back to warriors or thiefs, unless its a class I never played before.

Just a note, on one of my accounts, I was having fun with a mihile, as for warrior classes I have tried yet, paladin, and blaster. The are many other none warrior classes I have tried yet ether.

But I want a change in paste for ounce, mage or pirate, however only 3 exceptions I will make, in other categories, phantom (always loved this class and its story), xenon for having 3 main stats, and lastly despite I never really played one past level 30, but shade.

Again I apologize for the massive wall of text, I just had to say what's on my mind and wanted to hear from you folks, hopefully I can get a lot of replies.

P.S - I might be i willing to try out different servers, but mainly wanna stick to Scania or possibly Windia.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Meso farming is a way of life in Reboot :P We do get better meso drops/exp...soo...
  • KMFKMF
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

Meso farming is a way of life in Reboot :P We do get better meso drops/exp...soo...
    True, but to me it feels like playing a private server.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    KMF
    KMF said:

Petalmagic

True, but to me it feels like playing a private server.
    Well I like the Reboot life...but I can see its not for everyone...but thats how you can guarantee no real money goes into funding :T
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited November 2016
    KMF
    KMF said:

Wonder if it;s possible to make meso in this game and get gear ETC, w/o having to spend IRL money on nx? I've started playing a few months back on and off, new accounts here and there, and spending money I didn't really need to spend and probably well near a $1000 or little more, mainly on gambling rng and I did get lucky one time and ended up with 70b which then I stupid bought nx with to only get maybe 5% of it back.

But I always seem to give into spending money, on rng aspect, I want to just be able to play this game, w/o spending a dime and if I do try to spend only on cosmetics ETC, even then I don't want to give into that.

Not saying I don't ever want to spend nx, I just want to get to a cretin point in game, with out spending a dime, even if it means I have no pets.
    Yes, it is possible to make mesos in the game without having to spend real $.
    You should really stick to one account and just delete characters when you don't want to play them anymore (just don't forget to move your tradeable stuff and mesos over before you do).
    It is very crucial that you restrain yourself from spending too much money on this game (plus, the more you gamble on RNG, the more likely that you won't stop until you get what you want).
    KMF
    KMF said:

I'm thinking about re-starting again for the 5th or 7th time, and this time trying not to give into nx, also I have hard time finding the right class, I can't seem to make up my mind on things, my original goal when I first started back then.

Was to stick to one character and get them to 150+, second was not to spend any irl moeny at all, even if its not on rng aspect, 3rd goal was to take things easy and mainly quest and no just train train train, at lest until 150+.

Another problem I seem to have and this counts for any game out there, I don't like freebies, even if it's only 300k and some equips, I still accept them but i kidna regret it, even if it didn't really help me since I already had nx at that time.
    My advice is for you is: if you do decide to start a new character, level it up to 50, and then do the Riena Strait Theme Dungeon questline, and then after that, level up to 60 so you can do the Mushroom Kingdom Theme Dungeon questline. Adventuring to new places you've never been to before will also allow you to not get bored of the game because of the endless grind. Then, when you get to around level 140-150, you should really check out the Far East questlines: Shaolin Temple Theme Dungeon or Shanghai's (There's a bit of cinematics in both, so just hold downthe Space Bar (NPC Chat button) if you don't want to read the text). I also recommend you to check out FriendStory (a spin-off of the main game), where the world of MapleStory takes place in an alternate universe, where about 50 NPCs have real life jobs and roles).
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited November 2016
    (Continued..)
    KMF
    KMF said:

Even if I give back into nx side, this time around I won't use it on stupid gambling boxes, I probably etheir sell nx gifts or just cube.

But the one problem I notice is, it's hard to sell things without a store, I know there's 1 day store in reward shop, but it seems its hard getting enough reward points.

I use to be all about pay to win, aspects of games, but now I really just want to play and have fun. I know I can do it and I've done so before in other games, much worse p2w then nexon, I mea no offense.

but with the up coming updates and auction house, I may not have to worry about store permits.

So I just need some advice, on what i should do, stick with my current account, which i only have about 10b meso and some items, i wasted more meso on stupid perm nx items, expect for one of my chars, I also wasted meso on inner ability, and other useless things, hence why I want to started over again.

Another plan I have is to start new account, but still semi play my current one and instead of belowing $175+ only spend half or less, examp say next pay period, I only spend $50-100, lets say $50, I would this time only spend half that on current account and send the other half to my paypal, and save it up, so i can use later on when i decied what to do with my current or new account.
    It's too bad that you just missed this Thanksgiving week's Hot Week, where 2,000 Maple Points were given out in-game to people who logged in, and I think you could've bought a Regular Store Permit (which lasts 90 days) with those, but you'll probably have to spend a small amount of money ($10) to buy one now. It only cost 1,800 NX, but one of the drawbacks is that you have to leave your computer on and be AFK in the FM in order to use it, so that means you can't do anything while your shop is open.
    But that Auction System is finally coming back (NexonNA implemented it about a year and a half ago but it ended up having issues or something so they took it down), so you could wait for that as well, so you don't have to spend money. Also, some advice when you are selling stuff in the FM: use Owls of Minerva to compare the prices of what you want to sell and how much it is being sold for in the FM at that moment.)
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited November 2016
    (Continued..)
    KMF
    KMF said:

Also only time I plan on actually gambling money, is when marvel machine is out, or that p-book event, which is how i got lucky and maybe was a sign i should had stuck with the meso i ended p with.

Sorry getting off-topic again and for the so much read, but anyone got any tips and tricks, to make meso on a new account w/o spending irl?

I know farming elite bosses is one way, but that takes time and is like training and I just wanan quest mainly.

So which professions would be ideal to make meso and which part time jobs, lastly what would be good classes to pick, I mainly want a mage class or pirate class, trying not to go back to warriors or thiefs, unless its a class I never played before.

Just a note, on one of my accounts, I was having fun with a mihile, as for warrior classes I have tried yet, paladin, and blaster. The are many other none warrior classes I have tried yet ether.
    Marvel Machine is a rip-off if you actually think about it. What is it, like 4,000 NX for one spin? And that's only for 3 items, where the next item in the next list has a lower in-game value than the previous item. You should learn from your past experiences dealing with RNG in MapleStory and other games that you've played that it drains your wallet stupidly fast. The chances of you even getting a "good" item are very slim..
    Philosopher's Books is something that I've recently purchased back when they were out in mid-October- beginning of November. Even I think that it was a rip-off, but I wanted to try my luck and bought 5 of them, and I still got a bunch of garbage from them. Seriously.. you're better off buying event Premium Boxes and selling the NX equips you get from those for mesos.
    Anyways, about quests, most of them require that you grind mobs in order to obtain specific drops that only that monster drops, but other quests are more interesting than that. Check out the New Leaf City quests and El Nath quests when you get a chance. You can get a Silver Deputy Badge from doing all the NLC quests that Lita Lawless gives and a Cape of Warmness from the quests given by Alcaster.
    I don't know that much about Professions since I haven't really gone into depth with crafting and Ardentmill.
    Part-Time jobs I tried once, the rewards weren't too bad, but you do know that you can't access that character until 24 hours have passed., right?
    If you're interested in tyring out a Magician class, you should check out Kinesis. Mage equips are relatively cheaper than what all of RA Equips and Weapons used to be (you don't have to be super-funded to hit high damage). As for Pirates, you can try out Cannoneer or Corsair. Both are ranged classes with above average DPS (not too sure , but maybe with the right equips, you can be strong like everybody else). There's also Jett, but the class has been revamped (nerfed) so many times that it's kind of a low DPS mess at the moment, but the story looks interesting, and I heard that the attacks are aesthetically pleasing to look at.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited November 2016
    (Last part..)
    KMF
    KMF said:

But I want a change in paste for ounce, mage or pirate, however only 3 exceptions I will make, in other categories, phantom (always loved this class and its story), xenon for having 3 main stats, and lastly despite I never really played one past level 30, but shade.

Again I apologize for the massive wall of text, I just had to say what's on my mind and wanted to hear from you folks, hopefully I can get a lot of replies.

P.S - I might be i willing to try out different servers, but mainly wanna stick to Scania or possibly Windia.
    Read the second half of what I typed out above (the part about choosing either a Magician class or Pirate class).
    Also, it's your choice on what server to play. If you choose to continue playing in Scania, that's alright with me. If you want to switch to Windia (I think that is what you meant), then that's okay too. If I were you, I would choose a server that has a decent amount of stores in the FM (if there are stores all the way up to FM 7-12, then that's good)

I hope you come back and read all of this, and that you take the things that I typed out into serious consideration because it took me 50 minutes to write out all of my responses. Think critically about how you want to spend money and how much you want to invest in this game.
  • KMFKMF
    edited November 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

(Last part..)
    KMF
    KMF said:

Read the second half of what I typed out above (the part about choosing either a Magician class or Pirate class).
    Also, it's your choice on what server to play. If you choose to continue playing in Scania, that's alright with me. If you want to switch to Windia (I think that is what you meant), then that's okay too. If I were you, I would choose a server that has a decent amount of stores in the FM (if there are stores all the way up to FM 7-12, then that's good)

I hope you come back and read all of this, and that you take the things that I typed out into serious consideration because it took me 50 minutes to write out all of my responses. Think critically about how you want to spend money and how much you want to invest in this game.
    Thanks for the replies, I did get lucky ounce with the book event, how i ended up with 70b, which i stupidly gambler away on nx. I'm kinda burned out atm, but taking a little break and I do plan on starting a new account and sticking to one character, however if the mega burning event lets me do more then one character after hitting 130, then i might level mules, but then again I rather stick to one class.

Also as for nx, I don't plan on buying any more any time soon for quite while, and just take advatage of in game events that are coming up. I don't care about the web event where you can share and get points for free stuff, did that on this account just to sell what the damage skin is like and title.

I also did that tier event spender ....... dspite if i get lucky with that especially if I get more the one event box, example 2 of the top tier, example only, I still plan on playing this account semi, maybe few hours, but my new account i plan on putting most of my time into, also be playing other game so might not play this account. Think what I will wind up doing if I can reach my goals in new account, as at some point sell everything I got and ethier transfer the meso since i did earn it form nx or i might just buy nx to use on new account.

Truth be told, I just want to focus on one character up to 150+, as i said before i only do mules if the burning event lets me do more then one character, despite I said I didn't plan on going warrior, was thinking DA or DS, also don't plan on funding any time soon, at lest until I have mutiple characters/link mules.

Another i deal I had that might be fun, is start up a youtube or twitch channel and do a lets play 1-150+ No NX, Questing/ETC, and try to get decent web came, but i don't know, I don't like the sound of my voice on cam etc.

What I really want is, just to play the game for fun, questing, story ETC and make friends.

About the auction house, is there fee, like trade/store fee?

Curious is it against tos to, do services out side of nexon, example sun and moon replay action, or wow power leveling, to make $ and use that $ on here? mainly the sun and moon services, i don't see why it would be, since nx would bascially gettin money and even more if i spent my own again some time in the future.

Also I like to mention classes I like playing in the past, going back few years ago now.

Dark Knight
    Aran
    Evan
    Phantom

like the story behind phantom, granted never got to 200 or past 120 on one before, also i love dark knight weapons and cross sarge.

I also hear good things about paladin and dawn warrior, i play a mahile before and i enjoy it, only got to 60, also did a wild hunter to 60 before it was fun.

But as i said before mainly want to focus on a mage or pirate, how are mechanics? or the super saiyan buff class, forgot name sorry.

I seen the pirate update 5th job video and crosshair i think it was, bullet barrage looks amazingly good, as for jetts despite what the hate for them i love playing one back then mainly for looks, i could careless about damage.

Anyways thats all my thoughts for now, taking a break atm but i be sure to check back here on daily basics, plan on playing ethier wow, black desert or guild wars 2 again, for a few days, mainly wow since i started a new account haven't played since MoP and my main account or accoutns lol, i no longer remember or do i care for since i never got to far.

P.S One thing I always wanted to do in maplestory rather it be a mule or first character to focus on, was make a merceades up to 210 for the link skill, some people say its not worth the extra 5% and some say it is, but i always wanted to do it and try to semi fund a mercedes, but i think it would take agesto hit 210, without any nx.

P.S - As for how much i plan on spending in the future depending if everything goes well for me on my new and final account, and depnding if i still have my job at that time, and get a raise, I plan on spedning pretty much what I was or rather got carried away but in one bulk and instead of spending $ every pay period, I would just transfer money to my paypal both pays etc and maybe not spend every month but try to spend maybe every 2 months or 1 lol, but i would probably spend $300 in nx and on nx credit which is a smart plan since i can't really gamble besides prem boxs, but probably just get prepaid and this time prepaid canada cards, despit i get less nx but i save more too.

Reason i spend so much $$$ bfore, was CAD > USD ....... i didn't like how I spend $50 cad and only get 39k nx when i can spend $64-66 to ge full 50k, even if i spend that extra 10-16 dollars on 10 $ card, I would only get 7,9k and still wouldn't be at 50k

So that part of reason why I want to start over.

Anyways time to go to bed. Thanks in advance for the future replies.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    I can help you out in Scania, also since we will be getting the Auction house system in a few days you wont have to buy any shops. I suggest holding on to any money that you were planning on spending on a shop and just wait for the Auction house system.

As unethical as this will sound, I dont think Nexon really care how you got the money as long as it's your money and it's you that is spending it. Spend your money the way you want, just be careful to not get caught up in spending money to get "that one thing" you feel you need and then not have money to pay for bills or other irl stuff. My suggestion to you , if you are buying Karma koin cards, buy the american cards from PCgamsupply.com if you want to get the full amount of NX.
  • KMFKMF
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

I can help you out in Scania, also since we will be getting the Auction house system in a few days you wont have to buy any shops. I suggest holding on to any money that you were planning on spending on a shop and just wait for the Auction house system.

As unethical as this will sound, I dont think Nexon really care how you got the money as long as it's your money and it's you that is spending it. Spend your money the way you want, just be careful to not get caught up in spending money to get "that one thing" you feel you need and then not have money to pay for bills or other irl stuff. My suggestion to you , if you are buying Karma koin cards, buy the american cards from PCgamsupply.com if you want to get the full amount of NX.
    Well even if i buy the usd ones, I would have to pay for conversion fee, since I live in canada and its not much different buying x amount of cad cards to get what I need.

Also if I plan on starting over, then all i really need in terms of help, maybe future runs for bosses etc, or if i do plan to train at cretin level, example R&J, then I would want to solo it but have people in party to wait outside so i can able to solo.

I also stil planing on smei playing my main account.

Bascially I just want to start a new account, without spending a dime on it at lest until cretin point etc. I want to able to boss and sell boss drops or services ETC. I want to level up professions to make money off them etc.

I also want to make my own gear and cube my own, not buy over priced gears, despite its cheaper then making one myself, but it all depends on my luck.
  • KMFKMF
    edited November 2016
    Anyone else got tips/tricks for me and their opinions.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited November 2016
    KMF
    KMF said:

Anyone else got tips/tricks for me and their opinions.
    I'm just going to be straightforward with you and say that your grammar, use of syntax, and spelling are all things you should work on.
    You really should learn how to manage your money instead of spending it on games, because it sounds like you're not capable of controlling yourself when it comes to spending money in general.
    For the most part, I understood what you said, but as I said in my last reply to this thread.
    I hope you read all of what I typed out.. and to take all of it into serious consideration and plan how you're going to use your money, so go back and carefully read my replies again because, to be brutally honest, I'm not sure if you understood everything or if you skimmed through most of it (it sounds more like the latter).

Also, it's obvious that you are addicted to online gaming as a whole, so I suggest that you take a long break (1-2 years) from gaming before getting back into it again. Seriously, you're planning on spending too much money on this game (even when Canadian money has a lower value than USD (if I'm interpreting what that part about spending $300 was about). Might as well not spend any money (which was your original plan IF you were to come back and play Maple again).

This is the last reply I'm going to type, so I sincerely hope you don't go broke/or file for bankruptcy because of your video game addiction, and I really do hope you will not resort to buying NX in order to earn mesos when you start playing this game again.

P.S. An account is different from a character. You can delete characters that you don't want to play anymore in their respective world/server.
  • KMFKMF
    edited November 2016
    I'm not addicted in no way, sure I got carried away with spending a lot of money etc, but that's because I have a decent job, where I currently making $13.50 per hour and extra $4 on Sundays so $17.50, I never had a decent paying job before or long lasting. My past jobs, didn't work out for me, some due to my disability, and I was treated like a piece of at one of my jobs.

Not all of the money went into the gambling aspect of the game. Do I regret it yes and no, I still plan on playing this game and starting over fresh again, but still play my current account semi, especially now with all up coming events.

Since beast tamer and zero will be coming, which I'm quite happy about, never really tried a beast tamer and its a mage so that a long makes me happy, and I always loved zeros and was pretty good at it back then.

I probably won't play the zero, until I get beast tamer to 120-150+ but ounce I hit 100 I will make one so I have it.

Also I might make tamer but not play it and make kanna, not sure, but i will stick to one character.

I'm in no way addicted to gambling, as I pay my room and bored bills, I pay of my credit card and I have really good credit rating, never was late on paying bills ETC.

Still deciding on what classes to main or focus on up until 150+

Beast Tamer
    Kanna
    Phantom (Mainly For Story) and only expection I will make for thief, since I never really got into mages, pirates, and even dex based classes.

I do have a life, I work, I hang out with freinds, but since I have a lot spare time, I like to play games, atm I've gotten back into wow and guild wars 2, just taking it easy and loving it.

I probably only focus on wow and maplestory, in the next few weeks, since my guild wars 2 is free 2 play.

It was just a one time phase, and tbh i spended way more money on junk food then i did with gambling with nx.

Anyways I learned from my mistakes, I should had stuck with the one time I got lucky and ended up with 70b, 35b from selling battle-roid from the p book event ETC. But having that amount of meso is what made me gambling it on nx and gambling on stupid things like inner ablity ETC.

As for my grammar, I don't care when it comes to forums or in games, I don't see how my spelling is bad, yes I admit I could learn my grammar better on forums and games, but meh.

Anyways I did take some of your advice, but wanted to hear more opinions, from others.

I know what I plan on doing now, just gotta decide which character to make and focus on first.