[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Where's the increased RP Nexon promised?

forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
Reactions: 2,815
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Remember when Nexon said they were removing star planet and adding more ways to earn RP? So the Star Planet was actually removed that same day, iirc, and I have no seen any increase in RP that we can gain. Am i missing something? Sorry, i wasn't able to find the post when nexon wrote that.

Comments

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Well, i remember they seeying this issue, but as far as i know, sadly, nothing was adressed.
    Hope they can double the amount of RP in bosses, since that's the amount KMS used to get since the beginning...
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    edited November 2016
    oh, i see. Well i think it's fluffed up that they immediately removed star planet but didn't immediately compensate for it. Thanks Nexon
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    forumsareannoying

oh, i see. Well i think it's up that they immediately removed star planet but didn't immediately compensate for it. Thanks Nexon
    People would probably complain about whatever compensation they gave not being good enough, so why bother in the first place? Just strip it out, stop whatever exploits it was allowing for(including duped items, which is everyone's favorite ingame gripe when FM-browsing), worry about evening things out later.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited November 2016
    You should make a post about this in the Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests Forum. You'll probably have a better chance of attracting attention to the matter there since this is considered feedback, but try not to use profanity in future posts.
    edited November 2016
    @Aggraphine it's more likely that nexon will just increase the amount of RP gained from bossing than them actually doing something about duped items IMO.

@StayGold Please... I'm just writing this for views and likes. Nexon doesn't read any of the suggestions we submit. Notice how there are more posts in the suggestions forum than the general chat.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited November 2016
    forumsareannoying

@StayGold Please... I'm just writing this for views and likes. Nexon doesn't read any of the suggestions we submit. Notice how there are more posts in the suggestions forum than the general chat.
    If you include [FEEDBACK] in your title, I'm sure that either the Community Manager or an Admin will take a look at it. It's better than posting it in General Chat, where about a hundred threads are posted every day. I'm just advising you to share your thoughts on the SF&R forum because you'll likely get a better response there than here.

Not to be rude, but, it's highly likely that the two things you're going to be attracting is a bunch of other people who are upset/will end up becoming upset that the amount of Reward Points hasn't been increased or that there haven't been other opportunities to obtain even more Reward Points since the closing of Star Planet.

Besides, if you do your daily bosses every day for a month (including but not limited to, Normal Zak, Hilla, Magnus, Ranmaru, Horntail, RA bosses), you can get over 500 RP per day.

edited November 2016
    @StayGold
    These new forums opened on Sept. 21st. That's 69 days(lol) so far and in the link below you can see there's only 424 'discussions' in the General Chat(about 6 threads per day) and 481 in the Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests section(about 7 threads per day).
    http://imgur.com/a/GVu74
    Not to mention the older threads are dead since Nexon rarely responds to any of them and they simply die out. It's not as active as you may think.

If you do all the bosses available(which I'm not gonna list because it's alot) you can get about 19k reward points. Maybe 20k. The items below are the things people usually buy, in no specific order.
    (5) Red Cubes - 6k rp
    (5) Black Cubes- 11k rp
    (1) Additional Pendant Slot - 3.2k rp
    (1) Platinum Scissors of Karma - 4k rp
    (2) Guardian Scrolls - 4.8k rp
    (2) Return Scrolls - 11.04k rp
    (2) Shield Scrolls - 5.6k rp
    (2 Superior Shielding Wards - 12k rp
    In total that's 57.64k rp required to obtain all of those items in a months worth of collecting. And there a lot more things in the store which will bring up the total amount of rp needed to buy the entire store. Clearly it was not designed so that players can buy out the entire store, but not being able to buy even 1/3 of it is very limiting for players.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    forumsareannoying

@StayGold
    These new forums opened on Sept. 21st. That's 69 days(lol) so far and in the link below you can see there's only 424 'discussions' in the General Chat(about 6 threads per day) and 481 in the Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests section(about 7 threads per day).
    Not to mention the older threads are dead since Nexon rarely responds to any of them and they simply die out. It's not as active as you may think.

If you do all the bosses available(which I'm not gonna list because it's alot) you can get about 19k reward points. Maybe 20k. The items below are the things people usually buy, in no specific order.
    (5) Red Cubes - 6k rp
    (5) Black Cubes- 11k rp
    In total that's 57.64k rp required to obtain all of those items in a months worth of collecting. And there a lot more things in the store which will bring up the total amount of rp needed to buy the entire store. Clearly it was not designed so that players can buy out the entire store, but not being able to buy even 1/3 of it is very limiting for players.
    Considering the RP cap per month is 45k (exclusing NX purchases), you could not buy all those things even back when we had Star Planet.

I do agree that ~500 RP per day from bossing and maybe another ~300 from monster collection are nowhere near enough, though. (Nexon even went and reduced the RP from Monster Collection when they removed Star Planet, instead of increasing it as one might have hoped). We deserve to be able to reach 1500 RP per day per account, in a reasonable amount of time and effort.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

forumsareannoying

oh, i see. Well i think it's up that they immediately removed star planet but didn't immediately compensate for it. Thanks Nexon
    People would probably complain about whatever compensation they gave not being good enough, so why bother in the first place? Just strip it out, stop whatever exploits it was allowing for(including duped items, which is everyone's favorite ingame gripe when FM-browsing), worry about evening things out later.
    They sooooorta did compensate for it I think? For some reason, I thought I remembered them saying something along the lines of buffing the other methods of earning rewards points to compensate for Star Planet. But when I reread the "A Better Maple" thingy, it said their plans were to "increase the amount of Reward points awarded during events in the future." Which I guess they did? Hot Weeks and such gave out a lot of 1k reward points tokens and stuff recently.

Still, would be nice to increase the amount earned from bosses/monster collection a teensy bit.

• StayGoldStayGold
    edited November 2016
    forumsareannoying

(5) Red Cubes - 6k rp
    (5) Black Cubes- 11k rp
    The only things I see that are worth buying from the MRS are the Red and Black Cubes (because I'm not able to acquire more than 1,000 RP per day due to unfunded reasons).
    As for the scrolls, we'll probably see some of them in the V coin shop that is coming soon. (I'm hoping it's something similar or even better than what we had for RED's coin shop).
    There are some things in the MRS that won't need to purchased anymore once you reach the cap for it (example: Beauty Album Hair and Face Coupons).

Also, Fennekin has pointed out, the "A Better Maple" memo said that in order to compensate for the closing of Star Planet, they would increase the amount of RP we would get in future events. Another thing is that AKradian pointed out that it's not even possible to buy all of the "good things" from the MRS because the cap is set at 45k.

• RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited November 2016
    The only thing that makes me mad is that they nerfed the RP you can get from the monster exploration book as well.
    I can live with the removal of StarWorld, but this is kinda overkill don't you think?
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    RailBird
    RailBird said:

The only thing that makes me mad is that they nerfed the RP you can get from the monster exploration book as well.
    I can live with the removal of StarWorld, but this is kinda overkill don't you think?
    This.

I'm doing a tally atm of rewards. So far out of 100 3-hour boxes, I got
    40RP 16x
    35RP 16x
    30RP 32x
    25RP 19x
    and got 50RP thrice. It's a pretty big nerf considering 35 was the lowest I got pre-nerf. I'm glad I had some boxes in stock so the nerf effect has been negligible for me personally but we can't say that for almost everyone else.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

forumsareannoying

@StayGold

(5) Red Cubes - 6k rp
    (5) Black Cubes- 11k rp
    Considering the RP cap per month is 45k (exclusing NX purchases), you could not buy all those things even back when we had Star Planet.

I do agree that ~500 RP per day from bossing and maybe another ~300 from monster collection are nowhere near enough, though. (Nexon even went and reduced the RP from Monster Collection when they removed Star Planet, instead of increasing it as one might have hoped). We deserve to be able to reach 1500 RP per day per account, in a reasonable amount of time and effort.
    RP from bossing need to be adjusted upwards bad. Why is PB worth the same as cPB? Why is normal RA the same as hMagnus, cRA and Empress? It just doesn't make sense.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Honestly, I wish they had "promised" us increased RP in general, but all they promised us was that there would be events in the future that will give us increased RP which doesn't make up for the loss of content that was always accessible every day (until it was removed)
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    I think they did that by removing the time limit on the rp tokens - that way you can save them for when you actually want to use them.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

I think they did that by removing the time limit on the rp tokens - that way you can save them for when you actually want to use them.
    they didnt remove the expiry, they still expire after a month if not spent, or are you talking about the points you get from boxes?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

they didnt remove the expiry, they still expire after a month if not spent, or are you talking about the points you get from boxes?
    He means the tokens/coupons from the Hot Week, for example.
    But I have a few from long-ago Hot Weeks, and they don't expire either. It's not a new thing.
    Those hardly make up for a regular source of RP, though. They're like emergency rations. And they don't stack in inventory, so you can't hold on to too many of them anyway.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

He means the tokens/coupons from the Hot Week, for example.
    But I have a few from long-ago Hot Weeks, and they don't expire either. It's not a new thing.
    Those hardly make up for a regular source of RP, though. They're like emergency rations. And they don't stack in inventory, so you can't hold on to too many of them anyway.
    The ones from sudden missions still expire and they're untradeable so it basically stops you from participating in sudden missions unless you use the one you got from it.

And I don't think these hot week prizes is good enough to compensate for both the removal of star planet and the exploration box nerf. Frankly, it's not even enough to compensate either of them.
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    It was all a lie. Then they ninja nerfed monster collection boxes instead of a small buff rofl.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    Hey there,
    We're still discussing the best ways to redistribute the points, and are looking for opportunities to introduce reward points in other aspects of the game.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.