[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Well the Matinance is Extened for awile..

Comments

• iminnocentiminnocent
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    I personnely think they hv extended this becoz of a bug which they dont get and are wasting time in adding new bugs to counter that particular bug. When every thing is gonna be bugfull then they r going to let maplers face the reality that is a game unstable and bug full cant just hotfixed in a 8 hours time . Infact maplers will say no one can do it its c++, harder than proviing 2+2=5 and impossible to do c++ bugs. so in the end a unscheduled mantenance will occur which will gurantee every thing being bug less then but we all know that new patch means new bugs so brace ur self maplers its 2 months of buggy contents.
  • Marga95Marga95
    Reactions: 880
    edited November 2016
    sorry lagging so much atm , yes when i start the download there was an update to downlo 866mb around , after i download it the game said me to download again 9.6gb ( the game) but now after restart pc/modem/all it work fine , i have just the red icon PLAY
  • Gio1373Gio1373
    Reactions: 1,405
    edited November 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

HeinekenHero

They never release a major patch on time and barely release small ones on time. I don't know why you people expect anything less than 12-24hr patches
    That's the thing. They should have their maintenance planned out and we should expect them to end on time. Of course there's always going to be a maintenance that has to be extended, but all their maintenance are extended, not just extended but extended with no estimated time that we can go off of. Even the minor updates lol.
    I agree.. I mean think of it logically. Nexon is a business. Businesses sell things. In order for Nexon to run smoothly and sell a steady stream, they need to be up as much as possible and as often as possible. No other line of work, or business for that matter, can boast it's never done on time and expect to make any type of money. As a matter of fact; most businesses would fire any employees that can't make the delivery of their goods in a timely and consistent manner. Yet somehow Nexon NA has gotten into this slump of this is normal and to be expected when it really isn't and shouldn't have to be expected.

Not to get it confused by saying unexpected things don't happen from time to time and an odd extensions here and there isn't a big deal. But.. wow... I want to work at Nexon NA because apparently it's acceptable to have amazingly low standards and test patches on live servers.
    TubaWolfcat501
  • SurtrrrSurtrrr
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2016
    Play V Rewards Event
    November 30 - December 27

Requirement: Can be participated in and completed once per world.

Complete daily missions consisting of consecutive playtime and objective requirements in order to receive daily tiered box rewards.
    Each day you can earn up to 4 boxes that increase in value as you complete each daily tiered requirement.
    Earn cumulative tiered box rewards based on the number of daily tiered box rewards earned throughout the event.
    For example, complete daily missions and earn 12 daily tiered box rewards to earn a Tier 1 cumulative box reward.
    Rewards increase in value as you complete each cumulative tiered requirement.

Sooo... day 1 is literally wasted ? :)
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Marga95
    Marga95 said:

guys the update was only 1gb? bnecause after i downloaded it now i have to download the game 9.66gb....
    Where did you see the update is 1gb? are you talking about the manual patch that's 827 MB? If it's got a glitch in it then it'll make you redownload the entire game. (the extended server down time usually means there ended up being a glitch they're trying to work out.)
    I don't know if it is glitchy, I booted up the client and it seemed to be working fine (and it let me get to the Region select screen before closing due to the maintenance?) I also may have gotten distracted by the video in the client, the Fifth Job music is really good.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Surtrrr
    Surtrrr said:

Play V Rewards Event
    November 30 - December 27

Requirement: Can be participated in and completed once per world.

Complete daily missions consisting of consecutive playtime and objective requirements in order to receive daily tiered box rewards.
    Each day you can earn up to 4 boxes that increase in value as you complete each daily tiered requirement.
    Earn cumulative tiered box rewards based on the number of daily tiered box rewards earned throughout the event.
    For example, complete daily missions and earn 12 daily tiered box rewards to earn a Tier 1 cumulative box reward.
    Rewards increase in value as you complete each cumulative tiered requirement.

Sooo... day 1 is literally wasted ? :)
    They might be basing it off of PST for the daily missions, if not then yeah 1 day has already been wasted. (or well it's 10:14PM UTC right now which is supposedly what Global Mapletime is based on right now)
  • ZeelenZeelen
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Over 10 hours to implement a patch, would say that is pretty sad.
    Might aswell go to bed since its closing in on 12
  • xEvilSoulxxEvilSoulx
    Reactions: 865
    edited November 2016
    well as usual from maple, all these years and they never improved their patch times
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited November 2016
    This is normal, it's funny watching people get agitated over something that happens all the time not even that more like everytime. Don't ever expect a patch to be released on time then you wont be disappointed.
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    We're not agitated, we're just bored.
    AkihikoT_
  • AbyssErikAbyssErik
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    Personally, I wouldn't mind if they simply stated that an update could take up to a day in length in order to complete, But IMO the only reason why some users get agitated every time a large patch occurs is simply due to the fact that they somehow gain the expectation that a patch will ever be completed on time. Any old-ish mapler knows that patches seldom finish when they are supposed to, and as a result we don't get our hopes up, but i understand that newer players dislike that there is no guarantee that a patch will ever finish "on time".
  • WzerWzer
    Reactions: 905
    edited November 2016
    It's up, go play.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited November 2016
    Gio1373
    Gio1373 said:

Tuba
    Tuba said:

HeinekenHero

They never release a major patch on time and barely release small ones on time. I don't know why you people expect anything less than 12-24hr patches
    That's the thing. They should have their maintenance planned out and we should expect them to end on time. Of course there's always going to be a maintenance that has to be extended, but all their maintenance are extended, not just extended but extended with no estimated time that we can go off of. Even the minor updates lol.
    I agree.. I mean think of it logically. Nexon is a business. Businesses sell things. In order for Nexon to run smoothly and sell a steady stream, they need to be up as much as possible and as often as possible. No other line of work, or business for that matter, can boast it's never done on time and expect to make any type of money. As a matter of fact; most businesses would fire any employees that can't make the delivery of their goods in a timely and consistent manner. Yet somehow Nexon NA has gotten into this slump of this is normal and to be expected when it really isn't and shouldn't have to be expected.

Not to get it confused by saying unexpected things don't happen from time to time and an odd extensions here and there isn't a big deal. But.. wow... I want to work at Nexon NA because apparently it's acceptable to have amazingly low standards and test patches on live servers.
    Yeah I think the only reason Nexon is getting away with this is because whenever someone tries to bring this kind of stuff up some nexon fangirl replies with "leave nexon alone, no one wants to stay up that late, blah blah blah, they are understaffed give them a break, you try to do it cus its not easy, blah blah" Stuff like that, and all I can say to that is, If you can't do your job properly then either get training, (which apparently they don't get much of as a former employee that worked at nexon said) or maybe nexon should hire more staff so it's not so overwhelming. And that's not an attack to anyone that's the truth. People throw money on this game, is it too much to ask for better service?
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    I'm a bit agitated, I want to get the 11/30 prizem but there's not much time left to do it.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    Did something go wrong? I can't create a new character.
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

You and me both.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited November 2016
    TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

I can't load the game jesus christ so much for a 10 something hour maintenance lmao.
  • WzerWzer
    Reactions: 905
    edited November 2016
    Don't worry, you can't even do anything in the game right now.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited November 2016
    Oh, it says "We can't process your request. Please try again later." When I try to make a new char after like 5 min.
  • ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited November 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

I can't load the game jesus christ so much for a 10 something hour maintenance lmao.
    I remember back in Big Bang Patch I could not log into my main account for awile
    TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

Oh, it says "We can't process your request. Please try again later." When I try to make a new char after like 5 min.
    Jeeze, That sucks dude. Probally the Game came back up lag.