[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• EucilleEucille
    Reactions: 550
    edited November 2016
    i skipped school to play ms :/
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Eucille
    Eucille said:

That is called Karma...:T
    RonyeeVekiloKisjAzureNarga
  • MoshiCryoMoshiCryo
    Reactions: 210
    edited November 2016
    xEvilSoulx

xEvilSoulx

not even BDO with their massive updates that made their world 30% bigger each time and all those stuff had this kind of bugs, and they are new, can't believe after 10 YEARS you still do the same, it hurts to see how you guys keep just throwing new content without testing and keep killing this game.
    you a you know that.? let see how you'd be doing. not because they already extended the game once that everything is the same? i wish i'd see you scripting and doing all that stuff bro.! Just wait and enjoy the play when its back on .stop crying

it's their job, they get paid to do their job, is like a doctor that tells you "sry i have no idea what went wrong during surgery, we'll try to fix you soon" over and over and over, or a mechanic who says "sry i have no idea why i fixed something but something else broke" everytime with every client.

If this team keep screwing every single patch, it means something it's wrong with their staff, and i don't neet to be a genius to see that
    When you learn to code go give it a try then tell me how it goes ok bud? because being a coder myself i can tell you your example is trash. codes break theres codes that conflict theres codes thats have issues with other codes nothing in the game dev worlds works 100% ever. so again go do what they do and then once you learn oh hey its actually hard and oh hey nothing works out 100% of the time then youl understand. because theres been so many times where iv done stuff and im like ok yea this should work and it broke something else or just didnt work. AND in every game ever when a update comes it ALWAYS introduces new bugs go look at every games update history and youl ALWAYS find bug fixes.

Riku593
  • LonfyreLonfyre
    Reactions: 975
    edited November 2016
    Just gonna leave this here, good luck with the maintenance.
    PetalmagicsparebladeMoshiCryoZeroGravigaKisjVekiloTheNyanCatRonyeeAzureNargaVolumezand 8 others.
  • Weasel_1966Weasel_1966
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Ronyee but as I stated After several times of DC'ing I checked the server status and all servers were up. This happens everytime a big update is added and I eventually end up having to reload the game client.
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    This is why programmers get paid good money. It's because it's hard. You wouldn't believe the number of times a piece of code that has been tested over and over again, that works perfectly every time on the dev servers... does something completely different once it's been pushed. It's the craziest thing. It's why I no longer do it :P

That's why I have no problems when a maintenance goes on for (far) longer than expected. Things happen.
    Riku593
  • KisjKisj
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

Eucille
    Eucille said:

damn, that must be one bad ass karma lady, because it's affecting all of us, i've been a good boy and waited patiently for 16 hours now to play Maple V, it's 5:00AM Norwegian time, and i can't play yet... Damn you KARMAAAA!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Kisj
    Kisj said:

Petalmagic

Eucille
    Eucille said:

damn, that must be one bad ass karma lady, because it's affecting all of us, i've been a good boy and waited patiently for 16 hours now to play Maple V, it's 5:00AM Norwegian time, and i can't play yet... Damn you KARMAAAA!
    -cough- Karma Koin -cough-
  • ZeroGravigaZeroGraviga
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    So glad I decided not to call out from work like I planned too do.
  • xEvilSoulxxEvilSoulx
    Reactions: 865
    edited November 2016
    MoshiCryo
    MoshiCryo said:

xEvilSoulx

xEvilSoulx

not even BDO with their massive updates that made their world 30% bigger each time and all those stuff had this kind of bugs, and they are new, can't believe after 10 YEARS you still do the same, it hurts to see how you guys keep just throwing new content without testing and keep killing this game.
    you a you know that.? let see how you'd be doing. not because they already extended the game once that everything is the same? i wish i'd see you scripting and doing all that stuff bro.! Just wait and enjoy the play when its back on .stop crying

it's their job, they get paid to do their job, is like a doctor that tells you "sry i have no idea what went wrong during surgery, we'll try to fix you soon" over and over and over, or a mechanic who says "sry i have no idea why i fixed something but something else broke" everytime with every client.

If this team keep screwing every single patch, it means something it's wrong with their staff, and i don't neet to be a genius to see that
    When you learn to code go give it a try then tell me how it goes ok bud? because being a coder myself i can tell you your example is trash. codes break theres codes that conflict theres codes thats have issues with other codes nothing in the game dev worlds works 100% ever. so again go do what they do and then once you learn oh hey its actually hard and oh hey nothing works out 100% of the time then youl understand. because theres been so many times where iv done stuff and im like ok yea this should work and it broke something else or just didnt work. AND in every game ever when a update comes it ALWAYS introduces new bugs go look at every games update history and youl ALWAYS find bug fixes.

so basically you're saying we can't critique something unless we know how to do it? well, i wish the world would be that way, so no one would be giving their opinions about someone else's job, but back to reality, i'm not saying it doesn't happen, i'm saying it happens EVERY SINGLE PATCH with nexon, compared to other games with bigger updates and even more complex systems added, having less bugs and faster maintenances to fix those
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited November 2016
    Eucille
    Eucille said:

Stay in school kiddies. Seriously though, the game makes too much money to shut down randomly it will be there when you get back.
    Lonfyre
    Lonfyre said:

Just gonna leave this here, good luck with the maintenance.
    Making programs in a nutshell right here.
  • WzerWzer
    Reactions: 905
    edited November 2016
    MoshiCryo
    MoshiCryo said:

xEvilSoulx

xEvilSoulx

We know how coding processes work(not fully, but partly), we know 1 error can cause everything to fall apart. The thing is, it's their profession to code. Also the fact that they are being paid to do such jobs, you cannot compare yourself to them at all. We aren't wanting perfection, we are wanting improvement which hasn't been done in a while.

xEvilSoulx
  • AkamaSescrAkamaSescr
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2016
    SirAlucard

I have played since cygnus knights came out. On and off for about the past year or two now. However in all those years iv never noticed that the update would go twice into further notice with no ETA but one of the two finish with never being given an ETA, im sorry but that is kind of poor on keeping the people informed. but on the bright side, this update is why im comming back again. Cant wait to get into the fifth job :D
    Hahaha seem that you didn't played during the tempest patch, it took almost 1 day to get it working properly. So it's almost the same with this patch if it makes to one entire day.

• MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Something to consider is the size of MapleStory. After over a decade, there is an enormous amount of content - both universal and GMS-exclusive - and accounting for every single factor becomes more and more difficult over time. While the hope is for everything to function correctly the first time, as a program issues will arise and be addressed appropriately. It's unfortunate when we must incur additional downtime to address issues, but what's important is that issues that come to light due to the dynamics of the playerbase are being addressed - not pointing blame over factors which are not always obvious from a testing standpoint.
    sparebladeErraticEclipsePetalmagicSarasChaosEloquentPelicanxEvilSoulxKThxBaiNaoRiku593Keyan the Evan
  • MoshiCryoMoshiCryo
    Reactions: 210
    edited November 2016
    xEvilSoulx

MoshiCryo
    MoshiCryo said:

xEvilSoulx

xEvilSoulx

so basically you're saying we can't critique something unless we know how to do it? well, i wish the world would be that way, so no one would be giving their opinions about someone else's job, but back to reality, i'm not saying it doesn't happen, i'm saying it happens EVERY SINGLE PATCH with nexon, compared to other games with bigger updates and even more complex systems added, having less bugs and faster maintenances to fix those
    Mkay lets look at other gaming company's. Example, legaue of legends. do you not know how many times updates have broken things where they had to disable champions for more than a day? How many times bugs have been added that broke the game to where they had to disable their rank ques? Or how many items have been disabled because of bugs? and leagues player base is alot bigger than maplestorys and oh guess what theres problems with updates aswell! gasp!
  • EucilleEucille
    Reactions: 550
    edited November 2016
    TheNyanCat

Eucille
    Eucille said:

Stay in school kiddies. Seriously though, the game makes too much money to shut down randomly it will be there when you get back.
    Technically i'm not really a kid, im a college student, but yeah. wasnt really worth it
  • SirAlucardSirAlucard
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    AkamaSescr

SirAlucard

I have played since cygnus knights came out. On and off for about the past year or two now. However in all those years iv never noticed that the update would go twice into further notice with no ETA but one of the two finish with never being given an ETA, im sorry but that is kind of poor on keeping the people informed. but on the bright side, this update is why im comming back again. Cant wait to get into the fifth job :D
    Hahaha seem that you didn't played during the tempest patch, it took almost 1 day to get it working properly. So it's almost the same with this patch if it makes to one entire day.

not talking about time wise, its the "further notice" that im questioning. i dont mind waiting for a whole day when they add this much stuff at once.
  • BidoofBidoof
    Reactions: 330
    edited November 2016
    MoshiCryo
    MoshiCryo said:

xEvilSoulx

xEvilSoulx

Oh boy, writing unit tests and having a decent QA team sure is hard.
  • MySp00nMySp00n
    Reactions: 320
    edited November 2016
    Sorry, but you guys are REALLY stupid for doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.

You have NO public test server (or at least invitation only) and EVERY big patch we have a plethora of game breaking bugs that could've been easily detected have you had people actually looking for them before the patch release. This is ridiculous.

There is very little patience, and absolutely no understanding. You guys pull this same thing off every time.

PLEASE tell me at least the people playtesting for bugs aren't the same that were streaming today on twitch. Freaking embarrassing.
    PlasticHollyJen0vaCore
  • KisjKisj
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2016
    well the GMS Staff can't possibly be any worse than the EMS staff