[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone Miss The Older Style MS

FyrestormFyrestorm
Reactions: 610
edited November 2016 in Off-Topic Discussion
Just out of curiosity if I'm alone in this, but does anyone else miss the days when KQ was the fastest way to level up at low levels? I mean yeah I like the Theme Dungeons, but come on even at a high level it seems like no one KQ's anymore... I miss it being a staple of the game. Am I alone in this thought?

Comments

• AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    KQ being KPQ? I miss the party quests being available from the beginning. Granted it made it so A LOT of content wasn't paid attention to by many maplers it also made a lot of people more friendly.
  • FyrestormFyrestorm
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

KQ being KPQ? I miss the party quests being available from the beginning. Granted it made it so A LOT of content wasn't paid attention to by many maplers it also made a lot of people more friendly.
    Yes I do mean the KPQ. Now a days the Theme Dungeons you can just straight solo... I loved having the KPQ it was a lot easier to make friends and get interesting items in certain time limits. To me they were just a lot of fun.
    AkihikoT_
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Party Quests will be getting an EXP boost with the V update, although I don't know the exact numbers.
  • FyrestormFyrestorm
    edited November 2016
    Neospector

Party Quests will be getting an EXP boost with the V update, although I don't know the exact numbers.
    Well then hopefully this will bring back a lot of the interest in them! It would be great to have the game become more of a community again.
  • KamiNoBeniMizuKamiNoBeniMizu
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited November 2016
    I think the new KPQ (and a lot of PQs in general) is not that party friendly. It felt like any ther dungeon. Back then they were more team oriented if I am correct. That's pretty much why peple did them. But all changed when the Magatia nation invaded...

Errr *AHEM!* I mean Magatia PQ.
  • FyrestormFyrestorm
    edited November 2016
    I know it was definitely a throw back considering heck last I remember actually doing KPQ's a lot was in middle school and I'm 24 now... *ahem* It was just something on my mind. I mean I actually liked the drops like the glasses and slime shoes and such.
  • Sammy_KunSammy_Kun
    Reactions: 590
    edited November 2016
    Fyrestorm
    Fyrestorm said:

I know it was definitely a throw back considering heck last I remember actually doing KPQ's a lot was in middle school and I'm 24 now... *ahem* It was just something on my mind. I mean I actually liked the drops like the glasses and slime shoes and such.
    Wow... that made ME feel old.

I remember the days when the Kerning PQ there was the spamming of "JOINING PQ" all over the place. Remember that, and jumping channels to find a relatively open map to jump in again and again?
    Fyrestorm
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Ahhh, I LOVED doing KPQ and LPQ. PQ's in general, really. I'd do KPQ from 21-30 (when people would actually take me when I was 21 lol), mess around with quests in Orbis/Ludi to 35, then LPQ 35-50, with some breaks to play with the Mesorangers in Omega Sector in the 40-ish range (Pink and Yellow Mesoranger were my waifus). CPQ was pretty fun, but I still preferred LPQ. Maybe cuz it was more than just grinding on monsters every time.

LMPQ was pretty meh. Good rewards and exp, more interesting than grinding, but IIRC it was just going through the same path all the time? And it only lasted like a few minutes lol.

I never got to clear OPQ. When it was popular, everyone only did it for that glitch that gave a lot of exp.

Ironically, I'd spend hours trying to get a party together for RnJ pq, but could never find enough people lol. I remember the closest I got was five people I think? But we needed six at the time or something.

Herb Town Pirate PQ (or w/e it's called) was another one that was hard to find a party for. But since I trained in the area a lot (really good spot for only bowmen to train cuz they could hit multiple platforms) I eventually found enough parties to get the cool-looking pirate hat.

And omg GPQ was epic lol. The rewards were complete crap most of the time, though. I did get AC(A1)30 once though. Sold it to some hero and it failed instantly.

Those're the main PQ's I remembering attempting. All the other PQ's at the time I'd try for a long time to recruit people, but never saw a single soul lol.
    Fyrestorm
  • FyrestormFyrestorm
    edited November 2016
    Yay so I'm not alone lol. Yes I definitely miss those days!!! Like I said definitely a throwback on this one!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KamiNoBeniMizu

I think the new KPQ (and a lot of PQs in general) is not that party friendly. It felt like any ther dungeon. Back then they were more team oriented if I am correct. That's pretty much why peple did them. But all changed when the Magatia nation invaded...

Errr *AHEM!* I mean Magatia PQ.
    The original Magatia PQ was absolutely awesome and very very team oriented.
  • FyrestormFyrestorm
    edited November 2016
    I think I may have stopped playing before the Magatia PQ came out =( I have played off and on for years.