[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Give us all an exp coupon for being late

SockerfriSockerfri
Reactions: 1,020
edited November 2016 in General Chat
I think we deserve a little compensation for this mess, 1 day of the event has passed!

Comments

• MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited November 2016
    no
  • Sammy_KunSammy_Kun
    Reactions: 590
    edited November 2016
    The only compensation we're likely gonna get is all of the events will be extended for one day.
    SaatchBleeth
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    I'd be happy if they gave us a transformation potion, let everyone be a snowman for the day.
    SaatchNesaWillEatUSoulo
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited December 2016
    Really?? You're going to ask for compensation?? It's only 1 day!! ONE. DAY.
    We're only missing ONE DAY out of: 14 days of the Burning Event, 14 days out of the Hi-Five Box Event, 28 days of the Play V Rewards Event, 28 days of the V Breakthrough Event, 28 days the V Coin Shop will be available, 28 days of the V Tracker Event, and lastly, 29 days of both the Zero and Beast Tamer Character Creation Event.
    Some events don't even start until December 3rd, December 5th, December 7th and December 10th.
    Plus, there's even going to be a 2x EXP and Drop event this weekend.. AND THE NEXT!! (December 3rd-4th and December 10th-11th)

so what's with requesting an EXP coupon in order to compensate for downtime??!!??
    Surely even the people who work and those with even busier schedules can squeeze in a few days to play.

The people who are complaining and whining for compensation because maintenance is taking longer than usual are being
    VERY unreasonable, selfish, and greedy at the moment. The Admins and even the Community Manager keep thanking us for our patience, but we are showing them that WE CAN'T CONTAIN OURSELVES AND HAVE NO PATIENCE WHATSOEVER.
    They've even given us updates on the current situation throughout the time the game's been down.
    Both OneLetter, and even KThanksBaiNao said that the MapleStory team is working tirelessly to get the game up so that we can play.

Show some consideration and appreciation for crying out loud!!

I sincerely think that human beings as a whole have run out of patience.

Just wow. This is unbelievably appalling.

NesaWillEatUKazutoKatsuragiSatìreHeroDjinnChukkiSoulo
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Sammy_Kun
    Sammy_Kun said:

The only compensation we're likely gonna get is all of the events will be extended for one day.
    Unlikely, because the schedule is very tight.

Depending on how much longer this takes, we'll likely get (in order of severity):
    - Hours added to the weekend 2x
    - V coins
    - trash gifts (elixirs, power elixirs)
    - common gifts (spell traces, meso bag, respawn pass / safety charm / buff freezer, honor medals, exp/drop coupons, trait booster, etc)
    - special gift that was coincidentally prepared in advance (V chair, damage skin, medal, or title. Extra points if it contains reference to our cooperation and patience with the long downtime)
    - worthwhile gifts (cubes, epic pot scrolls, clean slates, nodestones (V cores), character slots, inventory slots, level-up potions, etc)
    - "we done screwed up real bad" gifts (unique pot scrolls, pets, etc)
  • KMFKMF
    Reactions: 860
    edited December 2016
    Most likely they will extend the events by one or two days. Besides we already getting 2x xp/drop weekend and the character burning event. God forbid you won't hit level 150, 5 minutes more then of your life.

It's quite sad. with all the whining and complaints, but hey this happens in all games, one side is never going to be happy.

Hell many years ago I use to be just like them, until I took a arrow to the knee.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Do the events have to end on a maintenance day though? So they'd have to give extra days in increments of weeks? Haven't really heard of events getting extended by only one day. Closest I remember was giving everyone a completion stamp for attendance events I think?

Still, looking forward to the compensation. Nexon's like the only MMO company that I've seen that gives compensation regularly for their screw-ups lol. But then again, they screw up way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more often than all of the other MMO's I play.
  • JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited December 2016
    I requested 100k maple points. That's pretty generous don't you think?

Let use our brain properly guys! Nexon know what we wanted..
  • NesaWillEatUNesaWillEatU
    Reactions: 950
    edited December 2016
    Keep it up admins and people working on the game.
  • Hungry4PizzaHungry4Pizza
    Reactions: 1,260
    edited December 2016
    yo considering Nexon is an actual Company, and supposed to be professional and honor their promises and release dates, I dont think compensation is "out of line".

They created hype for the update which was not released on time.
    That's like inviting people over for dinner, Then NOT serving the dinner to your hungry guests who were expecting dinner.

It's just extremely unprofessional and weak business practice.
    Compensation or not, Nexon, don't you think you hyped it up and let a lot of people down?
  • KazutoKatsuragiKazutoKatsuragi
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Hungry4Pizza

yo considering Nexon is an actual Company, and supposed to be professional and honor their promises and release dates, I dont think compensation is "out of line".

That's like inviting people over for dinner, Then NOT serving the dinner to your hungry guests who were expecting dinner.

Compensation or not, Nexon, don't you think you hyped it up and let a lot of people down?
    FYI, it WAS released on time. We just ended up getting some glitches that made it so they had to take the game back down.
    Considering how small the Nexon NA teams are, it's pretty much impossible for them to get a huge update in any of their games out without running into some problems down the road. That's just how coding works, and with not enough hands, we end up with stuff like this.
    And using your analogy, those of us that have been with Nexon NA have already died of starvation, lmfao.

• wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited December 2016
    Sockerfri
    Sockerfri said:

I think we deserve a little compensation for this mess, 1 day of the event has passed!
    but doesn't the one post say their extending the events by 4days lol

ahh maplestory forums some things never change when downtime extended XD
    the forums may change but most post dont....

~still a Legendary Evan
    ange1DoII
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    wthNoID
    wthNoID said:

Sockerfri
    Sockerfri said:

but doesn't the one post say their extending the events by 4days lol

ahh maplestory forums some things never change when downtime extended XD
    the forums may change but most post dont....

~still a Legendary Evan
    I read that too :)
  • Hungry4PizzaHungry4Pizza
    Reactions: 1,260
    edited December 2016
    KazutoKatsuragi

Hungry4Pizza

FYI, it WAS released on time. We just ended up getting some glitches that made it so they had to take the game back down.
    Oh That makes ALL the difference. /sarcasm
    You're just splitting hairs and failing.
    It was not released on time in a functional state.
    KazutoKatsuragi

Considering how small the Nexon NA teams are, it's pretty much impossible for them to get a huge update in any of their games out without running into some problems down the road. That's just how coding works, and with not enough hands, we end up with stuff like this.
    Whether that is true or not, it's a management failure of the company and is not an acceptable excuse. None of the consumer base should be made to suffer for Nexon failing to achieve their own release date.
    KazutoKatsuragi

And using your analogy, those of us that have been with Nexon NA have already died of starvation, lmfao.
    I think you are just too flawed an individual for simple english comprehension.
    Hungry4Pizza

I never said anyone starved.
    You did, because your english comprehension is so very lacking.

You make me cringe. You are very cringe..
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited December 2016
    Hungry4Pizza

Whether that is true or not, it's a management failure of the company and is not an acceptable excuse. None of the consumer base should be made to suffer for Nexon failing to achieve their own release date.

Consumer base... for a f2p MMO.... LOL!

In all seriousness though, they don't owe us sh*t. They own everything. They can take your account for sh*t reasons and keep you from playing the game as long as they want and you can't do anything about it coz they're not forcing you to play. Everything you did from registration to wherever is of your volition.

Do yourself a favor and think of the V update as a free taste of this brand new flavor your favorite roast chicken that you've wanted to taste eversince they placed an ad during superbowl hot time. Thing is, they're out of stock at the moment and new batches won't be ready until x amount of hours. So you either wait or skip out.

All this entitlement as a "paying customer" is pointless. It'll just drive you insane.
  • EddieFoxFoxEddieFoxFox
    Reactions: 940
    edited December 2016
    I think the only comp I'd want is either an extension on Events or the 30 coins I'll be missing from my first day of boxes. Cause apparently you can only get 30 a day from the boxes.
  • SimbaXSimbaX
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Y'all act like asking for compensation is such a horrible thing.

They screwed up. That's perfectly fine. It doesn't hurt anyone and takes them almost no time to just make the x2 today/tomorrow all day instead of for a couple hours.
  • HeroDjinnHeroDjinn
    Reactions: 1,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

Really?? You're going to ask for compensation?? It's only 1 day!! ONE. DAY.
    We're only missing ONE DAY out of: 14 days of the Burning Event, 14 days out of the Hi-Five Box Event, 28 days of the Play V Rewards Event, 28 days of the V Breakthrough Event, 28 days the V Coin Shop will be available, 28 days of the V Tracker Event, and lastly, 29 days of both the Zero and Beast Tamer Character Creation Event.
    Some events don't even start until December 3rd, December 5th, December 7th and December 10th.
    Plus, there's even going to be a 2x EXP and Drop event this weekend.. AND THE NEXT!! (December 3rd-4th and December 10th-11th)

so what's with requesting an EXP coupon in order to compensate for downtime??!!??
    Surely even the people who work and those with even busier schedules can squeeze in a few days to play.

The people who are complaining and whining for compensation because maintenance is taking longer than usual are being
    VERY unreasonable, selfish, and greedy at the moment. The Admins and even the Community Manager keep thanking us for our patience, but we are showing them that WE CAN'T CONTAIN OURSELVES AND HAVE NO PATIENCE WHATSOEVER.
    They've even given us updates on the current situation throughout the time the game's been down.
    Both OneLetter, and even KThanksBaiNao said that the MapleStory team is working tirelessly to get the game up so that we can play.

Show some consideration and appreciation for crying out loud!!

I sincerely think that human beings as a whole have run out of patience.

Just wow. This is unbelievably appalling.

THANK YOU
  • RaymondclericRaymondcleric
    Reactions: 720
    edited December 2016
    I wouldn't get your hopes up bud.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited December 2016