[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

In game clock progressively gets more inaccurate

DalethDaleth
Reactions: 1,855
edited September 2016 in General Chat
I have noticed this in several events over the years, but this is the first time it truly stood out. The mystic gate boss spawns once every 20 minutes, the water wars timer counts down every 24 hours. Seeing both these in tandem with a accurate internet clock, it is clear that each of these in game time based functions are not 100% accurate. it's only a matter of less than a minute, but still inaccurate none the less.

The amount of time that the clock is off by changes from (either day to day or week to week, I have not counted it each day.) Some times it is as little as 13 seconds off, and sometimes it is as much as 74 seconds.

What do you guys think about this?
  1. Have you noticed this?12 votes
    1. Yes, and it's annoying.
       58% (7 votes)
    2. No, not really.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Yes, but it frankly does not matter to me.
       42% (5 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    There was also a time when server time varied between channels. Which people took advantage of (I'll not post details, just in case it's still possible).

Pretty clearly, Nexon doesn't have their servers set to sync time with a reliable time server frequently (or at all).
  • SandwichSandwich
    Reactions: 2,830
    edited September 2016
    Eh... I don't really care for the most part. I've believe it's slightly different but it hasn't seriously impacted my gameplay.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    Or not knowing how mob elites you need to spawn a boss elite.
  • PikariePikarie
    Reactions: 1,000
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Ive noticed that for a long time but its not something to be annoyed with really.
    Not like that 13 seconds or 1 minute difference is gonna end your life.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    Xerna said:

Or not knowing how mob elites you need to spawn a boss elite.
    What, you mean 15 grim, 5 dark, then the boss?
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    yea that I wish there was more warnings then just 2 since extremely annoying looking for maps where they are about to spawn.