[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Starplanet APP - Suggestion

KoiKoi
Reactions: 700
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I just came back to MapleStory and noticed star planet is gone and the only real reasons I could stumble upon was because not enough people visited it and it wasn't worth maintaining. I haven't read too much, but from what I can see, a handful of people who have made it to the game station in star planet miss the addictive games. These games are classics of which many people for years enjoyed even before MapleStory existed.

With this in mind, I wonder if Nexon would ever consider making a star planet app for people who really enjoy playing the games in star planet? These games are addictive and have dragged customers in for years, so why not make an app for those who miss it? This idea ought to provide ample interest for Nexon as it provides a means of advertisement for both MapleStory and other games by recruiting new players as well as letting people who enjoyed star planet conveniently revisit games they miss.

*As stated prior, I haven't delved too much into the topic of why it really was deleted, but I miss the games and just thought of this idea. Hope the right person likes it! :)*

1. If a Starplanet APP was made would you download it?5 votes
    1. Yes, I would download and play the Starplanet APP
       100% (5 votes)
    2. Gross! I would never download or play the Starplanet APP
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    It was removed because it was used for massive exploits. Nexon just told us that not many people used it daily as an excuse.

OT I hated starplanet. I don't want to NOT play Maplestory to get rewards in the game, yet that's all starplanet was.
    Koi
  • MattoneMattone
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    This already exists in KMS, called the star planet app.

ingame star planet was removed there because no one visited it in KMS, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone playing anything at all, it was removed everywhere else because goose step. But the app still exists and has one card, yut, and special yut in it, still gives mileage too. It's largely in english already, just menus would need to be replaced, and I guess voice clips.

I'd love to see it in GMS, I can't think of a reason not to port it. Well, hackers, but they're already everywhere so I don't think letting people get some extra MRP would hurt.
    Koi
  • KoiKoi
    Reactions: 700
    edited December 2016
    @Mattone that sounds interesting! I actually checked the app store before making this thread just to make sure it wasn't a thing yet- wish I could play it! I always enjoyed playing the games and occasionally beating the botters as well, lol. At least with an app they would make money off in-app purchases and things of that nature.

It's a shame its gone!