[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

I'm getting stuck at the character selection screen

Happened to me at first too. Had to re-launch twice.

First time I opened Maple it just closed. Second time it told me to log out and log back on to re-apply an update. Third time I ended all nexon related processes and restarted the launcher. Works fine for me now.
  • gameplayer70gameplayer70
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    Luckyatl365

gameplayer70

I'm getting stuck at the character selection screen

what launcher are you using?

I've been using the Nexon Launcher, but until you asked I never actually thought about using the application directly :P
    edited December 2016
    Nativeftw
    Nativeftw said:

I don't care about the extension of the maintenance, it's the fact that they still haven't migrated our characters over for weeks. It's not like it's a problem that requires time to solve, the fix is simply migrating our accounts like they've done for most maplers waiting a day will not fix it when they said "Your game data will be migrated over a period of time, with each MapleStory migration maintenance." However they have chosen not to migrate them during the maintenance.
    Ok, your frustration at the issue is noted. I'm sure that while most people were able to get in just fine, your problem might be a bug that other people are experiencing as well. Put in a ticket and ask them about it
  • NativeftwNativeftw
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

Nativeftw
    Nativeftw said:

I don't care about the extension of the maintenance, it's the fact that they still haven't migrated our characters over for weeks. It's not like it's a problem that requires time to solve, the fix is simply migrating our accounts like they've done for most maplers waiting a day will not fix it when they said "Your game data will be migrated over a period of time, with each MapleStory migration maintenance." However they have chosen not to migrate them during the maintenance.
    Ok, your frustration at the issue is noted. I'm sure that while most people were able to get in just fine, your problem might be a bug that other people are experiencing as well. Put in a ticket and ask them about it
    I've sent tickets, I've sent additional information and even DXDIAG info. It's not a bug (https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/217063426-EU-Players-Game-Data-Migration) It's just them not migrating our characters over making us unable to play on EU and it's been that way for 3+ weeks meanwhile they're putting out all these events that we get screwed on.
    edited December 2016
    Nativeftw
    Nativeftw said:

I've sent tickets, I've sent additional information and even DXDIAG info. It's not a bug (https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/217063426-EU-Players-Game-Data-Migration) It's just them not migrating our characters over making us unable to play on EU and it's been that way for 3+ weeks meanwhile they're putting out all these events that we get screwed on.
    So is it using the NA Server that you're having problems with? They're saying to use that until your account gets migrated
  • NativeftwNativeftw
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

Nativeftw
    Nativeftw said:

So is it using the NA Server that you're having problems with? They're saying to use that until your account gets migrated
    I have no issue when connecting to the NA servers, however the ping is worse and I don't have any items on NA. Also when they finally migrate the characters i'll go back to EU which would make the time making money moot.
    edited December 2016
    Nativeftw
    Nativeftw said:

I have no issue when connecting to the NA servers, however the ping is worse and I don't have any items on NA. Also when they finally migrate the characters i'll go back to EU which would make the time making money moot.
    Yes, the message on the Server Selection does say if you choose a different server that it would cause latency and connection issues. By items, do you mean Cash Shop? Are you saying that you wouldn't have your characters on the NA Server, or that even if you do use your characters everything will just go back to how it was before migration?

• AzumikoAzumiko
    Reactions: 520
    edited December 2016
    Luckyatl365

Azumiko
    Azumiko said:

Anyone else still getting the disconnect message from the maintenance after selecting a region? I can't seem to figure out what's causing it.
    try re running the launcher and see if the patcher has done the patch
    It definitely patched when I first ran the launcher. I just re-installed the game and it still has the issue so I don't think that's the problem.

• NativeftwNativeftw
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

Nativeftw
    Nativeftw said:

Yes, the message on the Server Selection does say if you choose a different server that it would cause latency and connection issues. By items, do you mean Cash Shop? Are you saying that you wouldn't have your characters on the NA Server, or that even if you do use your characters everything will just go back to how it was before migration?

I mean when I finally have access to the europe server even if I've been playing on NA servers for months, I'm going back to EU play there since I have all my mesos and characters on there plus better ping.

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    Damn some of you guys in this community need to grow the hell up. Should Nexon have been better prepared for this update? Yes. Should it have gone through more testing? Yes. Should Nexon have a better way to handle updates so that this never happens? Yes, absof******lutely yes.

However, that doesn't have the fact that NexonNA employees just worked for over 24 hours to get this update live. Give them a break, jesus. They made a mistake, a bad one, the update was broken abd introduced serious bugs. And to their credit they stuck it out and kept working for 24 hours to fix it.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    MegaScience

Something to consider is the size of MapleStory. After over a decade, there is an enormous amount of content - both universal and GMS-exclusive - and accounting for every single factor becomes more and more difficult over time. While the hope is for everything to function correctly the first time, as a program issues will arise and be addressed appropriately. It's unfortunate when we must incur additional downtime to address issues, but what's important is that issues that come to light due to the dynamics of the playerbase are being addressed - not pointing blame over factors which are not always obvious from a testing standpoint.
    While I agree that its always harder to work on older projects due to bloat and whatnot, this shouldn't be happening period. The fact that this happens repeatedly should be a red flag to Nexon that it needs to pause and refactor the core of the game so that messes like this don't happen every update. It would be less work for them in the long run too.....
    edited December 2016
    Nativeftw
    Nativeftw said:

I mean when I finally have access to the europe server even if I've been playing on NA servers for months, I'm going back to EU play there since I have all my mesos and characters on there plus better ping.

Ok, I see your issue now. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk if I did, I thought you were just complaining because of the maintenance, but it's the fact that if you use the NA Servers you would have to start all over, and it wouldn't mean much since you would be back to the EU server anyways. I'm sorry that you're having issues with the migration. I hope that for you and everyone else on EU having troubles everything gets sorted out.
    Nativeftw
  • NativeftwNativeftw
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

Nativeftw
    Nativeftw said:

Ok, I see your issue now. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk if I did, I thought you were just complaining because of the maintenance, but it's the fact that if you use the NA Servers you would have to start all over, and it wouldn't mean much since you would be back to the EU server anyways. I'm sorry that you're having issues with the migration. I hope that for you and everyone else on EU having troubles everything gets sorted out.
    It's cool bud, it's understandable that things went awry during the maintenance especially when it's a big update. So can't hate on them for that.
  • mileswhittsmileswhitts
    Reactions: 255
    edited December 2016
    I still crash after selecting North America, every time. I've tried stopping all nexon processes, re-downloading the launcher, using GameLauncher, and nothing works. The same exact crash after region selection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited December 2016
    Amylicous
    Amylicous said:

Same here :c
    I have contacted them..It's about stuff that you retrieve from Fredrik and the stats , Star force or w/e those things. The funny is, I didn't even sell items with stas..I only put NX items and roids coupon, ride and etc that has no stats.

Let's see tomorrow..
  • mileswhittsmileswhitts
    edited December 2016
    Arwen
    Arwen said:

Amylicous
    Amylicous said:

Same here :c
    I have contacted them..It's about stuff that you retrieve from Fredrik and the stats , Star force or w/e those things. The funny is, I didn't even sell items with stas..I only put NX items and roids coupon, ride and etc that has no stats.

Let's see tomorrow..
    I don't even know where that npc is! There is no way I've been temp-banned for that reason, it doesn't make any sense.
    edited December 2016
    Can someone give us an update on which worlds are working correctly? I've heard Windia is working fine. Any other world updates would be appreciated
  • NoUTurnNoUTurn
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    Game crashes when i click on North America. Anyone else have that problem or suggested solutions? :D
  • mileswhittsmileswhitts
    edited December 2016
    NoUTurn
    NoUTurn said:

Game crashes when i click on North America. Anyone else have that problem or suggested solutions? :D
    same problem here, I would love some tips
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited December 2016
    I've tested and confirmed that Scania, Windia, Bera, Broa, and Reboot are working for me.

No problems getting past region select. If you're running it full screen maybe make it windowed before selecting? Not sure if it will do anything but worth a shot.