[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Support Additional Control Options!

JorjaxJorjax
Reactions: 865
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
^ title,

I am currently playing Maplestory with one-hand (Left-handed) at the moment and I find it very uncomfortable 90% of the time that i have to move my left hand to the right to move my characters most of the tine. Please considered adding options from movement keys to basic so us handicap players find some peace at our play style! Thanks!

Comments

• AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Honestly I never thought about how handicapped players would play Maple. @-@ I don't really know how they'd work that out, unless you had some ideas. It might be good to @ one of the nexon employees since they'd be more likely to see this like that.
    The only one I know is @KThxBaiNao and I think @thokim is part of nexon too. Idk if either of them can do anything though.
  • JorjaxJorjax
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Honestly I never thought about how handicapped players would play Maple. @-@ I don't really know how they'd work that out, unless you had some ideas. It might be good to @ one of the nexon employees since they'd be more likely to see this like that.
    The only one I know is @KThxBaiNao and I think @thokim is part of nexon too. Idk if either of them can do anything though.
    (Right handed)

I wish there are some better example... but imagine playing game like this with left hand.

(Left-handed)

This is a good example.
    AkihikoT_
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    Is there a remote that's switched (like mirrored) for left handed one-handed gamers?
    Someone was saying there's a 3rd party program you can use to use a remote for maplestory, but idk if it's actually "allowed" by the rules.

So there is definitely something they could do with a remote.
  • JorjaxJorjax
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Is there a remote that's switched (like mirrored) for left handed one-handed gamers?
    Someone was saying there's a 3rd party program you can use to use a remote for maplestory, but idk if it's actually "allowed" by the rules.

So there is definitely something they could do with a remote.
    Eh it's against ToS to use a third party program to swap up in-game keys, so I don't think that will work for the time being. Hopefully Nexon willing to give us some support for handicap!
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited December 2016
    @kisspro54 what do you use to use a gamepad? Is it 3rd party or just somewhere in the game I haven't found?

@iykagome same question to you
    basing the question off of : http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/313/what-does-your-keyboard-layout-look-like
    or @lilypanda I remember your thread about using a gamepad
    can any of you help with where to find the information?
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    butting in here, but they also need to think of those players who have vision issues also (Colour blindness and those who need larger print in game) I did put up a suggestion, but idk if nexon listened or read or w/e)
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited December 2016
    For the larger print part, do you think a computer screen magnifier could help? they can be a bit pricey, but it should be a one time buy.

With colour blindness idk if they really could do much.
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

For the larger print part, do you think a computer screen magnifier could help? they can be a bit pricey, but it should be a one time buy.

true but personally i hate having a magnifier on my computer, it takes up so much room depending on the % its at, there should be some way just to be able to enlargen the print on maplestory (i spoke to a GM in support a few weeks back and they said they would hand it over to the team) maybe its to much coding? who knows?
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited December 2016
    ange1DoII
    ange1DoII said:

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

true but personally i hate having a magnifier on my computer, it takes up so much room depending on the % its at, there should be some way just to be able to enlargen the print on maplestory (i spoke to a GM in support a few weeks back and they said they would hand it over to the team) maybe its to much coding? who knows?
    IDK how much it helps, but have you tried changing the resolution in game?
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

ange1DoII
    ange1DoII said:

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

It's not so much the resolution, its the print of the main chat, guild writing, buddy list etc, if they can enlarge NPC text....they should be able to enlargen print if the user needs to see a little larger...
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited December 2016
    ange1DoII
    ange1DoII said:

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

ange1DoII
    ange1DoII said:

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

It's not so much the resolution, its the print of the main chat, guild writing, buddy list etc, if they can enlarge NPC text....they should be able to enlargen print if the user needs to see a little larger...
    They did say the chat will be changed with this update, so I guess hope for the best with this one or hope someone from Nexon sees this unless someone experienced with maple knows a hidden thing to change chat text as well.
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

ange1DoII
    ange1DoII said:

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

ange1DoII
    ange1DoII said:

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

They did say the chat will be changed with this update, so I guess hope for the best with this one or hope someone from Nexon sees this unless someone experienced with maple knows a hidden thing to change chat text as well.
    Honestly, it should be done, i dunno if i am the only player who has issues with reading the chat and stuff on maple (and yea i have glasses and went to see my eye doc etc what nexon had suggested, kinda made me laugh.) I have been on and off since pre BB in 2006, and I don't wanna stop playing because of 1 thing.

EDIT : This is the change Chat Window
    The chat window's default size has changed.
    Added a combat tab for the chat window.
    Made the chat window smaller when minimized.
    Players can now resize the chat window horizontally and vertically.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    heres a fix for this really easy
    get a bigger screen or plug into your tv
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited December 2016
    @jorjax I talked to GM malmol and they've started to put together a guide on how to set up a controller to use with Maplestory. The GM said they'll try to make sure it's seen by players when the guide becomes available, so hopefully it'll be up soon.