[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Improve the drop rate of the V-boxes please

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
rate seems rather low, so I thought I'd ask here.

Comments

• ExtrasenseBeraExtrasenseBera
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2016
    The thing is the level curve system brought also a formula that the lower/higher you are from a monster's level, the less EXP and drop rate you get. If it helps, try hunt a monster within 0-4 levels so you get the highest EXP and drop bonus possible.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    I haven't tried training on my main yet, but I got a new character to level ~40 with the burning event and only saw 2 boxes drop. If the rate is that low its too low imo, but I could have just been unlucky
  • ExtrasenseBeraExtrasenseBera
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2016
    I got like 43 boxes while hunting on newly made aran character before the server was taken down.
    SecondHero
  • EddieFoxFoxEddieFoxFox
    Reactions: 940
    edited December 2016
    You have to really think about your lv in relation to the mobs. When hunting mobs my lv on my burning WK i got boxes frequently but it fell off as I tried to catch up and do Ellin Academy and Gold Beach. I got about 20 boxes in between lvs 20-30 But after that my lv's started Sky rocketing cause 2x came into effect and as I was reaching the Main building in Ellin Academy I was 4X so I didn't get many from there about 5 and none from Gold Beach. Hoping since I'm starting Mushking at proper level I'll be able to get some more.

Also can't be sure but I heard you can only get 30coins/Stones a day sooooo Not really worth opening more then 30.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited December 2016
    Origanum said:

The thing is the level curve system brought also a formula that the lower/higher you are from a monster's level, the less EXP and drop rate you get. If it helps, try hunt a monster within 0-4 levels so you get the highest EXP and drop bonus possible.
    I did Dimensional Invasion on my level 214 Battle Mage and got 27 boxes in one run, despite the monsters only going up to level 180. My friend did a Commerci run, where the monsters scale to your level, and he's over level 220 and only got 6 boxes.
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited December 2016
    TheHoA
    TheHoA said:

rate seems rather low, so I thought I'd ask here.
    They drop a ton. You just don't hunt mobs with good drop rates or close to your level probably.

• Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited December 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

Origanum said:

I did Dimensional Invasion on my level 214 Battle Mage and got 27 boxes in one run, despite the monsters only going up to level 180. My friend did a Commerci run, where the monsters scale to your level, and he's over level 220 and only got 6 boxes.
    Dimensional Invasion always seems like a great place to get event drops
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    Ohh PLEASE. The drop rate is far better than rice cakes. I got about 50 cakes per DIPQ during double exp + Lucky Wineter and one 20% DR gollux ring. Yes, 1 DIPQ which takes about 5min if you one shot the mobs, will more than enough get you cap (30) per day.

For nodestones however, if you want more just do more DIPQ.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    genji123
    genji123 said:

Ohh PLEASE. The drop rate is far better than rice cakes. I got about 50 cakes per DIPQ during double exp + Lucky Wineter and one 20% DR gollux ring. Yes, 1 DIPQ which takes about 5min if you one shot the mobs, will more than enough get you cap (30) per day.

For nodestones however, if you want more just do more DIPQ.
    No, the drop rates seem the same. Only reason why it seems faster is that you needed more than 30 rice cakes per day. You needed 1200 rice cakes per day.

On the other hand you only need 30 V Boxes just for the coins. Farming more than that is just a bonus on-top of it for something like nodestones.
    emperor52
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited January 2017