[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Guild/ Buddy Chat Bugs+Glitched

Comments

• TashieTashie
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited September 2016
    This seriously needs to happen soon T_T
  • YxarYxar
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited September 2016
    yes, bumping
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    A fix for this is long over due to be honest. I think the reason it happens is because of how whenever someone enters something in chat it causes lag. (It may not be noticeable to most people ) but people with lower end computers can.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited September 2016
    chaoscauser

A fix for this is long over due to be honest. I think the reason it happens is because of how whenever someone enters something in chat it causes lag. (It may not be noticeable to most people ) but people with lower end computers can.

That isn't the case, the lag is not because of our computers. I run on i7 and fios and I do not even lag in-game unless the server itself lags. I don't think we're to be blamed for a problem that exists everyday. Every member in my guild which is around 200 people have such guild chat glitches and 90 ish people on buddy list. Then lets expand their buddy list per person out of the 90 and MANY MANY people complain. This is like 90% of maplestory having such problems (guild and buddy chat glitches)

This isn't on a Bera problem. It is legit everywhere and been going on for years...
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

chaoscauser

That isn't the case, the lag is not because of our computers. I run on i7 and fios and I do not even lag in-game unless the server itself lags. I don't think we're to be blamed for a problem that exists everyday. Every member in my guild which is around 200 people have such guild chat glitches and 90 ish people on buddy list. Then lets expand their buddy list per person out of the 90 and MANY MANY people complain. This is like 90% of maplestory having such problems (guild and buddy chat glitches)

This isn't on a Bera problem. It is legit everywhere and been going on for years...
    I didn't say the chat lag is caused from our computers, I said that it might not be noticeable on newer end computers. When ever chat messages come through on my 2 GB of ram pc I get lag. What I was saying is that could be the cause of the issue as before this never happened when the chat wasn't glitched. I am talking about me getting mini lag spikes when chat comes through. When I am in the FM and I see gold sellers spamming the freeze up gets really bad.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited September 2016
    chaoscauser

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

chaoscauser

I didn't say the chat lag is caused from our computers, I said that it might not be noticeable on newer end computers. When ever chat messages come through on my 2 GB of ram pc I get lag. What I was saying is that could be the cause of the issue as before this never happened when the chat wasn't glitched. I am talking about me getting mini lag spikes when chat comes through. When I am in the FM and I see gold sellers spamming the freeze up gets really bad.
    Ohh got it, but like even me having a newer end computer still experience the chat bugs, but I don't lag in the FM spam and etc.

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

chaoscauser

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

chaoscauser

Ohh got it, but like even me having a newer end computer still experience the chat bugs, but I don't lag in the FM spam and etc.

Yeah I didn't say you wouldn't experience the chat bugs just not the lag caused by chat.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited September 2016
    @KThxBaiNao, any new update regarding this?
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

Probably more chance getting blood out of a stone than a update.
  • KittiesKitties
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    When I DC a lot due to server issues or my internet, I forget to "turn on" my buddy chat and often miss out on a lot of messages because of this. The chat feature is very nice in Maplestory and it is disappointing that this bug has existed for awhile.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited September 2016
    Kitties
    Kitties said:

When I DC a lot due to server issues or my internet, I forget to "turn on" my buddy chat and often miss out on a lot of messages because of this. The chat feature is very nice in Maplestory and it is disappointing that this bug has existed for awhile.
    Yes i totally agree with you :/ . We have been patient players for more than a year, and it is enough waiting already. The game is slowly deteriorating because of little things like this, and big things to others, like me.

Socializing amongst one another is most important, especially when you can get a new sense of someone every day. When you finish ur daily bosses, u got nothing better to do. But chatting amongst others open doors in all kinds of places and can be applicable everywhere !

Lilyflower
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    chaoscauser

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

give him time, he can't just release information willy nilly, certain information has to be approved first.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

chaoscauser

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

give him time, he can't just release information willy nilly, certain information has to be approved first.
    We have gone on ages now without an update on the issue......
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    chaoscauser

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

chaoscauser

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

some information travels slower than others, just give it time.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited September 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

chaoscauser

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

chaoscauser

BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

some information travels slower than others, just give it time.

Any sort of acknowledgment would be greatly appreciated. examples like "we're working on fixing this, or please be rest assured" anything at all is good.
  • BluxarxenBluxarxen
    Reactions: 820
    edited September 2016
    Yeah this bug needs to be ixed
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    this most certainly needs to be fix.
    since its super annoying.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited September 2016
    Xerna said:

this most certainly needs to be fix.
    since its super annoying.
    I agree and I like how more and more people are voicing their opinions and also have the same problem (guild chat/ buddy chat glitches). It shows a lot that people value social aspects in the game.

We the players have been very patient and would like any time of news regarding this, hence the poll and comments @KThxBaiNao
  • YuniorYunior
    Reactions: 1,575
    edited September 2016
    Have they not claimed to have fixed this multiple times and yet here we are.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited September 2016
    Yunior
    Yunior said:

Have they not claimed to have fixed this multiple times and yet here we are.
    Ya, they never fixed it in the first place. Problem exists everyday, and reoccurs when you relog. rlly annoying and need a response or recognition of this issue asap