[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

launcher stuck at updating files for over 12 hours

kradios08kradios08
Reactions: 100
edited December 2016 in Tech Support
This happens EVERY TIME I try to come back to the game after a break and it keeps me from coming back.

Comments

• EverythingSlayerEverythingSlayer
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited December 2016
    If you go into your Maplestory folder (C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata) and look for a text file named 'Patcher' and open it up, it will come up with a bunch of stuff telling you what the current state of the file update it's at. If you scroll down to the bottom and it says 'Finish Process End'. That means it's actually done so you can try using the GameLauncher.exe and see if that works. This happened to me too so yeah.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    i find reinstalling better but thats me lol
    EverythingSlayer

If you go into your Maplestory folder (C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata) and look for a text file named 'Patcher' and open it up, it will come up with a bunch of stuff telling you what the current state of the file update it's at. If you scroll down to the bottom and it says 'Finish Process End'. That means it's actually done so you can try using the GameLauncher.exe and see if that works. This happened to me too so yeah.