[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Transmogification

RyuhikoRyuhiko
Reactions: 1,040
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Look before i start this post yes i know NX cash items are a thing that overlay their appearance without making you lose stats on your normal gear

HOWEVER!

if maple story had some sort of transmogrification system i think it would be amazing!

For example!: Currently with the new update the pearl white maple armor and the frozen maple armor have been released to burning characters (at least i think thats how it works lol) Well i love the look of the pearl white maple armor however there is no NX cash item that looks like it and now if i want to look like that i have to take off my current gear to put that on

I dont think Nexon would allow this to be purchased with mesos (although that would make it amazing!) It would probably be an item within the cash shop but thats for them to decide

What do you think?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Fusion anvils are the thing you're looking for. They allow you to place the appearance of one item onto another of the same type.

My Hero uses quite a few of them; he's currently decked entirely in Pensalir gear, but I combined the following:
    • Utgard Sword fused with Briser Zweihander
    • Aquatic Letter Eye fused with Travelers Wing Glasses
    • Pensalir warrior helment fused with Red Dragon Barbute
    Each anvil will also land you a gift package you can open. It mostly contains special decorative items, like the Travelers Wing Glasses or Pink Bean hats.
    Unfortunately there are some restrictions (especially on gendered equips and overalls/tops/bottoms). But for the most part anvils work well.

There's a similar item you can use for medals as well, which combine the appearance of one medal with the stats of another.
    Ryuhiko
  • RyuhikoRyuhiko
    Reactions: 1,040
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Fusion anvils are the thing you're looking for. They allow you to place the appearance of one item onto another of the same type.

My Hero uses quite a few of them; he's currently decked entirely in Pensalir gear, but I combined the following:
    • Utgard Sword fused with Briser Zweihander
    • Aquatic Letter Eye fused with Travelers Wing Glasses
    • Pensalir warrior helment fused with Red Dragon Barbute
    Each anvil will also land you a gift package you can open. It mostly contains special decorative items, like the Travelers Wing Glasses or Pink Bean hats.
    Unfortunately there are some restrictions (especially on gendered equips and overalls/tops/bottoms). But for the most part anvils work well.

There's a similar item you can use for medals as well, which combine the appearance of one medal with the stats of another.
    Thanks for the info!!!