[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Burning Event Issues

BaronLovatBaronLovat
Reactions: 595
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
Okay so I was encouraged to make a report about this event and the massive issues I'm having. So here goes, enjoy the debugging overload.

First Problem + Testing + Results.
Logged in with a fairly active account from the last year or so.
Created a new Character and Burned it. [Khaini]
[To Verify: Character Selection displayed burning flames effect, and character gained 2 additional levels each level up acquired]
I noticed however that I was lacking the snail, and other boxes in my inventory.
Tried to access the quest via the Star > V 1+@ Level Up Challenge which I found to simply be a description of the event, nothing is actually generated from it.
I then tried to access it from many different map zones. [FM, Event Hall, Henesys and a few random world maps, nothing helped]

Decided to test it with a new char on a different realm. [Reboot]
Made a character, got your typical Reboot server Box, some Reboot potions, [character was burned properly] and a Cryptic box with the snail. However, still no other boxes.
Thought maybe I messed up somehow, so I deleted it.

I then realized the character that was created on Khaini, was over level 30, and required a 24hour wait to delete. Not wanting to wait, I decided to reactivate a very old account I had.
Activated the account, logged into Khaini again [this is my home server] and created a Cannoneer. [Which burned properly again]
Still, no boxes, and this time, no Cryptic Chest [Snail] either.
I asked around, and someone said it might generate if you hit lv 30+ So I did exactly that. [This character I have NOT yet deleted, named BettyBomb]

After hitting well above 30, and getting nothing aside from the Maple White set from the V Tracker, I decided something must be wrong with my accounts.

So, I made and entirely NEW account.
Logged in, created a character, burned it, and logged in. Nothing.
Frustrated, I immediately backed out, deleted it and made another. Nothing.
Backed out again [my plan was to just keep creating and deleting them to see if it would work by some chance]
After about 4 times of doing this, the game now refused to let me burn the newly created characters.

So I swapped to Reboot, Renegades and Broa. All the characters created there burned properly, but did not receive boxes or anything at all.

So, to recap.

- Across 3 accounts, Character Burn properly [unless spam created/deleted for some reason]
- Attempted at least 15 character creations, none worked properly to get the prompt.
- Attempted Accessing the quest via in person at the MapleAdmin in Event Hall, as well as remotely from many different maps and locations. nothing worked.
- Made several different classes [Hayato, Cannoneer, Jett, Chase and Phantom] None worked.
- Characters were spread across at least 5 different realms.

At this point, I'm simply going to uninstall, and reinstall the entire game, and see if maybe it's just a client corruption, because this is frustrating and I've spent over 24 hours trying to fix it myself, and testing as many routes as I could think of.

There is absolutely something wrong.
DreamllusionCrypticNewsAnthonynXclusiveDaveXenolithDRexlanDoubleTeaseMajustea
  1. Are you experiencing this issue?45 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (45 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• ataranlen_ataranlen_
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, same problem on two accounts. Made a burning char on day one of the event and got my items just fine. Then I made some new ones today on other accounts, got the white set on one, and no lvl 100 set. On the other, I didn't get any of them, and the V icon doesn't even show up on the star menu.

BaronLovat
  • BaronLovatBaronLovat
    edited December 2016
    Just an update:
    I did a client fix, the issues all still persist. Have yet to do a full uninstall and reinstallation as I just can't be bothered at the moment.
  • WeenieHutJrWeenieHutJr
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2016
    I'm having the same issues. I thought they would show up if i hit 100. But haven't gotten anything. Talking to the maple admin in game for the quest doesn't do anything. Feelsbad.jpg
    BaronLovatAnthonyn
  • AnthonynAnthonyn
    edited December 2016
    i hit level 100 and still no boxes as well. somethings wrong. i really wanted those level 100 equips they seem pretty good. i burned my new mercedes and can't accept the 1+2 level up challenge.
    BaronLovat
  • BrianSenseiBrianSensei
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    Same problem here, lvl 100 Sniper on Reboot DecidueyeSen, still none of the boxes.
    BaronLovat
  • BaronLovatBaronLovat
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for checking in on the poll guys, helps to visualize how many people are experiencing the issue.
    DreamllusionRexlan
  • SmaugbladeSmaugblade
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited December 2016
    i have the same problem on a char i made yesterday.
    BaronLovat
  • DreamllusionDreamllusion
    Reactions: 725
    edited December 2016
    It happened to me as well 2 days ago. I can't take the burning quest, and thus I can't obtain the boxes...

IGN : Vellios
    Job : Hero
    Level : 100
    World : Reboot

I believe this issue occured straight after the unscheduled maintenance, since all the people I've seen complaining about this problem begun doing so after this... :(
    BaronLovat
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited December 2016
    I also made my character only 2 days ago on Sunday, and did not receive the boxes.
    Character name: Xvena
    Class: demon avenger
    World: Scania
    Level:112

I would like to receive them if possible!
    BaronLovat
  • NaekiNaeki
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016

Having same problem here

IGN: Naeki
    World: Europe, Luna
    Level: 100

Hope I can level past 100 and still get the box when it's fixed :)
    BaronLovat
  • RexlanRexlan
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2016
    Same problem here with a Burning character I made a few days ago, haven't been able to get any of the boxes at all.

IGN: UltraXBow
    World: Reboot
    BaronLovat
  • zSuperSaiyanzSuperSaiyan
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2016
    Everything worked fine for me on a new account, apart from re-making a new burnt character after the deletion of my old one :/ That's the thing im most annoyed about since i'll now miss the burning event if they don't extend it as I doubt there will be a bug fix since they cant even find whats causing the problem... -_- (Found this out after speaking to Maple Support chat)
    BaronLovat
  • MajusteaMajustea
    Reactions: 960
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    The game is also preventing me from creating any new burning characters on my current server. I had created a burning character initially, but quickly realized I had chosen the incorrect class, so to rectify the problem I deleted the character and attempted to create a new burning character on the very same server but received the error stating 'Request Failed.' This is something that should be possible as per the ingame dialogue that appears when creating a new character, and it is currently preventing me from enjoying the event on the server I play on.
    BaronLovat
  • LordRyuxLordRyux
    Reactions: 210
    edited December 2016
    it would be nice if they just have an emergency maint to fix this issue rather than waiting for maint day which only leaves us what 3-4 days left of burning event prob less ? so even if they fix it we still dont get to burn the chars we want to burn and receive our gifts ? Gj Nexon once again gotta love this company.
    BaronLovat
  • PrinceHaisePrinceHaise
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2016
    Same problem here, i had a burning char but decided to delete it and burn another char, i had the frozen set on the first char but on the new one i don't even have the v quests..
    BaronLovat
  • BaronLovatBaronLovat
    edited December 2016
    Seems to be quite a large number of people checking in now. I imagine the weekend will have even higher traffic and reporting.
  • LaLeYLaLeY
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Same problem here, I wasn't able to get any of the burning boxes but my character levels up 3 times in a row as it's meant to be
    IGN: iCorsairGahl
    Job: Corsair
    World: El Nido
    BaronLovat
  • HaijuroHaijuro
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Having the same issue, never got my 30 box although I got one on a different account. I really want the mesos from that multiple stage box but I never got one...
    BaronLovat
  • BaronLovatBaronLovat
    edited December 2016
    Thanks again for everyone checking in on this issue, please encourage other who have this issue to visit the thread and at least check in that they're experiencing this issue.
  • FallenBladeFallenBlade
    Reactions: 800
    edited January 2017
    Got the same issue for season 2 (12/28 2016 - 1/17 2017); the quest just ends without giving the rewards to the newly created character.

Server: Bera