[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How do you do the Inferno Wolf thing?

BunCakesBunCakes
Reactions: 1,020
edited December 2016 in General Chat
For the Play V Rewards event, we have to do the Inferno Wolf event every day, but I've never done it before, and am not really sure how to access it. I saw you could buy an entry ticket for Pollo and Frito with V Coins, but not for Inferno wolf. How do we do it?

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited December 2016

Its pretty easy!,

Just train in a area where the mobs are without your level range, and you'll see a notification appear that the portal has opened.

It looks different then the pollo and fritto doors, its a dark orange with a wolf head on the top.

Usually about 30 minutes to spawn it if your killing at a decent rate.
    -looks at time-

huh... it's been 3 hours.
    SlicedTimeArgent
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited December 2016
    I think Alexandre meant "within level range". I usually hunt for it at Maze 7 or 5 and it appears within 30 minutes for me. Mobs are 230 and I'm 221.
  • BunCakesBunCakes
    edited December 2016
    It's taken me a few hours each time to get one to spawn, and I don't really go more than 8 or so levels above or below my character level.
  • BunCakesBunCakes
    edited December 2016
    just spend a solid 3 and a half hours at tot grinding, didnt get a single inferno wolf portal. gonna try again tomorrow but not feeling hopeful. if it keeps up being this irritating to get to spawn im probably just gonna give up on the absolab weapon
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited December 2016

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

I think Alexandre meant "within level range". I usually hunt for it at Maze 7 or 5 and it appears within 30 minutes for me. Mobs are 230 and I'm 221.
    The Inferno Wolf and Random portals get very specific even in high levels. Its not like the events were you have to kill things within your level range. So be within 9-10 levels of the mobs to be safe.

I'm not sure how its taking everyone 3+ hours to spawn these.
    You said "without level range" in your response though. I don't mean to be technical but that usually means it drops from wherever.

But yes I agree, for pollo/fritto and infernal wolves, it seems within 10 levels of the mob range is the best (and only?) way to get them to spawn. I've never tried to hunt them on mobs 10 levels outside of mine though so don't quote me on that.

I also agree it shouldn't take that long. I don't spend more than an hour on the runes, pollo and wolves part. It's the elite boss that usually takes me time.
    SlicedTime
  • BunCakesBunCakes
    edited December 2016

BunCakes
    BunCakes said:

just spend a solid 3 and a half hours at tot grinding, didnt get a single inferno wolf portal. gonna try again tomorrow but not feeling hopeful. if it keeps up being this irritating to get to spawn im probably just gonna give up on the absolab weapon
    Can I ask what lvl you are and where your grinding?

It doesn't take 3 hours for it to spawn. I did all 4 quests in 40 minutes.
    I'm 151 training at ToT. The monsters I was killing were all within my level range, but I don't remember specifically what map. The pollo/frito portal did spawn twice, but not a single inferno wolf. And judging from other posts on the forums and reddit, I'm not alone in having the inferno wolf portal not want to spawn for hours.
  • Monkeyman6401Monkeyman6401
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2017
    I'm having a very similar problem, I was wondering if it's possible that you have to kill a certain amount of monsters before the portal activates. I'm a level 156 Kanna in my damage is really low so it's a long process for me to mob. I started 10 last night and was up till 3 in the morning and I didn't see a single portal. But I saw three Elite bosses so I just I'm wondering if maybe there's a certain amount of monsters you have to kill before it activates. I'm at the Temple of Time where the enemies are at least within my level and I'm collecting the override boxes so I know that they count towards the whole level issue it's just I don't mob as fast as the other characters and I was wondering if that might be the problem.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited June 2017
    There are some maps that have issues spawning the wolf portal. Temple of Time is one and the entirety of the Shadow World of Zero is another. If you're not getting satisfaction then try another area.